Hawthorn to play finals in 2024?

Remove this Banner Ad

I was wrong. It was August 2023, not September. But here is an example of me saying what I've been saying all along SSSSSS ;

View attachment 1920307

This chart was originally used for Richmond supporters but I think it equally applies to North.

1709630910371.png

Probably need to adjust some of the values but it's close enough.

This chart was originally used for Richmond supporters but I think it equally applies to North.

View attachment 1920339

Probably need to adjust some of the values but it's close enough.
I once again remind you the title of the thread you are currently posting in.

I once again remind you the title of the thread you are currently posting in.

Sorry I'll keep it on topic.

1709631194035.png

Circa August 2023 the 3peat of spoons was looking likely but good on you lot for avoiding it.

Not that it means much, or should come as a surprise, but zero AFL captains listed Hawthorn as a team that can make the top 8 this year;

1709700809796.png

I wonder if the Hawks will play 2 ruckmen this year.

Apparently they have done so for the past 20 years, so I’m told it will always be.

Apparently they have done so for the past 20 years, so I’m told it will always be.

According to David Hale we will likely be lining up with 1 dedicated ruckman and relief from someone who can ruck but also possesses forward craft.

Really only Chol and Ramsden fit that bill. Meek is a brute but I haven't been too impressed with him in the forward line.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

According to David Hale we will likely be lining up with 1 dedicated ruckman and relief from someone who can ruck but also possesses forward craft.

Really only Chol and Ramsden fit that bill. Meek is a brute but I haven't been too impressed with him in the forward line.
Personally, I think it makes more sense, now that you have a forward who can chop out in the ruck. Playing Reeves and Meek in the same team seems like it’s wasting the opportunity to bring in a runner.

Personally, I think it makes more sense, now that you have a forward who can chop out in the ruck. Playing Reeves and Meek in the same team seems like it’s wasting the opportunity to bring in a runner.

Two rucks work well when they are both mobile and can be a marking threat up forward.

We were pretty blessed to have Hale and Big Boy in the same side together.

Doubt we can afford to play both Reeves and Meek in the same side. Neither have any impact resting forward and neither are influential around the ground.

Reeves + Chol makes the most sense.

I'm a little bit confused which thread will be the "go to" this year for all the trolls and hard-headed Hawf masochists
We currently have 3 threads getting continually bumped on the Main Board.
  • Hawthorn to play finals in 2024?
  • Who will be better in 2024? Hawthorn or Essendon?
  • Hawthorn rebuild: are they tanking?
It seems a little excessive. The content is basically the same in all three.
Maybe the mods could merge them all into one giant HAWFORN MEGATHREAD

Last edited:
The difference is Hawks fans think they're going to be good this year. This entire thread is asking if they can play finals for petes sake hahaha. Delusional.

North fans know we are still a bottom squad, but we just want to believe that we will improve this year.

The thread was started by a Collingwood supporter and not a single Hawthorn fan has agreed we will play finals. In fact, the most positive comments in the whole thread have come from non Hawthorn fans with Hawthorn fans surprisingly circumspect (or outright negative).

Orrrr it means there's a big gap between the worst and second worst.

It's not that hard to understand.

Do you genuinely believe this?

Leaving aside that North's defence is both statistically and on paper widely regarded as the worst in the comp and the clarification made around "medium defenders" was completely unnecessary (in response to the assertion that North and Hawthorn's defence were both poor)...

Do you genuinely perceive there to be a big gap?

Sheezel is a good player but McKercher has never played a game before (so we have no idea), Goater has played just 11 "ok" games and never picked up a single coaches vote before and Zac Fisher has been injured or on the fringes of the Carlton side more often than not.

I don't think there is a "big gap" between those 4 (and McDonald if you like) and the mediums/smalls at Hawthorn. Even though Sicily is obviously a medium @ 188cm (AND style of play), you still have Amon, Hardwick, Weddle, Scrimshaw, Jiath, Impey (and even Will Day who we'd now consider a mid but has spent most of his career as a medium rebounder, including chunks of last season). I don't think North have 6-8 small/medium defenders that have proven themselves to be better than that list, let alone a "big gap".

The thread was started by a Collingwood supporter and not a single Hawthorn fan has agreed we will play finals. In fact, the most positive comments in the whole thread have come from non Hawthorn fans with Hawthorn fans surprisingly circumspect (or outright negative).
Questionable whether he is a Collingwood supporter. Has a short history of talking up the Hawks at every opportunity. I’ll leave it at that……

They had, and they did.

Now they won’t. Hope this helps.

Remove this Banner Ad

Hawthorn to play finals in 2024?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back