Saints
Bulldogs
Crows
Magpies (draw)
Eagles
Giants
Kangaroos
Tigers

Results are not too dissimilar. The Pies draw essentially cancels out the Lions win for Hawks but eerily similar form lines over victors

If we beat the teams we will start warm favourites against (West Coast twice, North and Richmond) that gives us at a minimum 10 wins. I would have been satisfied with that at the start of the year and so would most of us. The Port collapse is coming back to bite us right now. We would be touching the 8 right now.

What was good about today was we started slow and came over the top of the Giants. Past few weeks it's been the opposite. Finding different ways to win games of footy even when our midfield was beaten comfortably. Positive signs.

We are good enough but farked up the start of the season. Look - heaps of new players coming in and a fair few injuries. If we miss the 8 I won’t really care that much so long as we keep improving and give the next few years a good shake.

No different from any other side, but we have some high level talent not in the team at the moment in Meek, Mitch Lewis, Watson, Ward and Wingard.

All 5 are a chance to be in the team by the end of the season.

I want it, but think we are at risk of getting pumped if we do make finals.
However it seems there are good times on the horizon.

When we lose to North Melbourne and go 0-6, we will be equal favourites with west coast for the wooden spoon and rightly so. Going to be a grim season.

Hopefully some of our supporters can accept it now, rather than wait until we are 2-12 or 1-13 come the bye.

Much easier to deal with the hidings that are on the way.

He’s had a poor start to the season but he won’t come under any pressure this season, even when we finish bottom 2 or 3. Bottom 4 next season is a lock as well. Going to be an interesting 24 months. Will also be near impossible to attract quality free agents which is what we need.

He will get until at least the end of next season. Rightly or wrongly, he will get looked after being a club legend.

I knew we would finish bottom 4 this season and that’s with a fully fit list. I laugh at our supporters that thought we could win 10+ games.

You must really be hating this side at the moment.
#1 Sam looks to be a highly intuitive coach, and highly likely to be our next premiership coach.
#2 As we were a much better team than North and West Coast last year, we didn’t get Harely Reid. Yet we are still improving.
#3 Are you still laughing at us supporters that thought we could get 10+ wins? Because currently I’m laughing at you, knowing we already are more than halfway there with games against Richmond x2, another game against North and 2 games against West Coast, along with another couple of games that we could win.
#4 Hawthorn are playing an unpredictable, free flowing and exciting brand of football. Where the players are clearly being able to express themselves. So along with an upward trajectory I can see free agents and other players wanting to join the club to make both the club and themselves better.

Hawthorn may make finals this year, or they may not. They will how ever be giving it a real crack next year. They will win 10+ games this year. They will win games they shouldn’t, they will lose games that they shouldn’t. The next 24 months is going to be an exciting time. So maybe put down your half empty glass and pick up a half full glass instead.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He’s had a poor start to the season but he won’t come under any pressure this season, even when we finish bottom 2 or 3. Bottom 4 next season is a lock as well. Going to be an interesting 24 months. Will also be near impossible to attract quality free agents which is what we need.

He will get until at least the end of next season. Rightly or wrongly, he will get looked after being a club legend.

I knew we would finish bottom 4 this season and that’s with a fully fit list. I laugh at our supporters that thought we could win 10+ games.

Don't worry mate, we're all laughing together now.

Where did Chadwiko even go?
He had so much to say preseason, haven't seen him in ages.

He will be back in October and will be posting with gusto on the main board up until mid April where he goes in hibernation.

It's been a pretty easy to read cycle the last four years.

Remove this Banner Ad

Hawthorn to play finals in 2024?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back