Hayden Jolly

Remove this Banner Ad

I think he is the son of Harvey Jolly, A super cricketer for the Salisbury Cricket Club and spent many years with State cricket sides before moving down South, Grandson of the late AOM Bruce Jolly who was instramental in setting up Central Districts in the SANFL and Northen Districts merger of Salisbury and Elizabeth Dictricts Cricket Clubs in the SACA. Anyone from the Jolly line here in SA seem to be blessed with Ability, and Co-Ordination.

I think he is the son of Harvey Jolly, A super cricketer for the Salisbury Cricket Club and spent many years with State cricket sides before moving down South, Grandson of the late AOM Bruce Jolly who was instramental in setting up Central Districts in the SANFL and Northen Districts merger of Salisbury and Elizabeth Dictricts Cricket Clubs in the SACA. Anyone from the Jolly line here in SA seem to be blessed with Ability, and Co-Ordination.

Not sure of his dads name but definitely not Harvey.

Also a very very good Volleyballer. Went to the premier Volleyball school in Australia, Brighton....same as James Sellar and Bryce Gibbs. Parents are lovely as well.

A very good volleyballer... too bad they continually lost to Mazenod. I take it that your a Brighton boy as well seeing as your annointing them the 'premier volleyball school in Australia'?

A very good volleyballer... too bad they continually lost to Mazenod. I take it that your a Brighton boy as well seeing as your annointing them the 'premier volleyball school in Australia'?

Haha. Well last 3 National titles in a row probably gives them that title. Admittedly historically Heathfield can claim the most titles. Also the last 3 Open Boys Honours teams have won gold, gold and silver....no sign of Mazenod in the finals :)

Mazenod would be Victoria's premier Volleyball school I am guessing?

Only saw a little bit of Hayden last season but he impressed. Clever footballer, good size already with reliable disposal. What do the South Aussies think his chances of cracking a regular game for the Suns in 2011 are? I would think his chances are pretty good. Found some footage on Youtube from 2009 Champs -

[YOUTUBE]9LGisWWpaWU&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]

13_HaydenJolly.jpg

DETAILS
JUMPER # 13
DOB 04/04/1992
HEIGHT 184cm
WEIGHT 83kg
FORMER CLUB Glenelg, SA

http://www.goldcoastfc.com.au/the-team/player-profiles/hayden-jolly/

Adelaide-raised midfielder Hayden Jolly was the GC SUNS first South Australian signing. He joined the club as an underage priority pick last season.

A graduate of the AIS/AFL Academy, Jolly had already sampled senior reserves football with Glenelg in the SANFL before his outstanding performances at the 2009 under-18 National Championships - he averaged 23 possessions a game and topped the possession count three times - caught the keen eye of GC SUNS recruitment team.

Jolly’s exceptional poise, disposal by foot and hand, and his rare ability to find time and space in traffic have him earmarked as a long-term senior prospect.

Why did this guy get delisted? I thought he was a really skillful mid. I wouldn't be surpised if he does well at another AFL club.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back