Here's the mail

Remove this Banner Ad

Rooful

Rookie
Feb 23, 2007
on top
AFL Club
North Melbourne
The AFL are desperate to relocate a team to further test the SE-Qld market. A 17th License is a distant Plan B. There has been no resistance until very recently.

Today our Board suffered 2 hours of intense scrutiny thanks to a rehearsed, well orchestrated effort to discredit and expose our financial positon and futile hopes for the future.

Our Board is percieved as leaderless and weak and was attacked accordingly. We have one board member that is a skilled and experienced administrator, the others are not.

The question is: who will influence our board the most, AFL bullies or the Shareholders. The Shareholders have never been more influenced by our members, some overwhelmingly. The members must now ramp up their current activities.

I am a long-time viewer, serial non-poster well aware of the usual newbie conotations. I am also a North Melbourne member that knows that the fight has only just begun.

For the record - relocation means death. I have no second team, i hate them all equally. In neutral games i barrack for the team that helps our ladder position most. I knock back tickets to North-less Grand Finals and hope that both teams lose. What do i do without North Melbourne? Take up ****ing chess!!!

22,000+ members are clearly of no consequence to the AFL and their push for a nationally dominant sport. North's survival is clearly of no consequence to chief football writers of broadsheet newspapers and talkback radio peanuts. It is of great consequence to me.

Since you have some mail, who is behind this "new business plan" of ours? Is there any chance Scanlon might step in now in this desperate hour?

We need Arch to roll the sleeves up asap, or it will be too late.

I say we need a large rally in the CBD, like the Fed Square. And we need to invite any non North victorians who care.

Since you have some mail, who is behind this "new business plan" of ours? Is there any chance Scanlon might step in now in this desperate hour?

We need Arch to roll the sleeves up asap, or it will be too late.

I say we need a large rally in the CBD, like the Fed Square. And we need to invite any non North victorians who care.

Whats our new plan to play 8 home games in qld thats just as stupid as moving there.

Lets change back to north melbourne and show these suckers we will not be beaten by heartless little men.

The AFL are desperate to relocate a team to further test the SE-Qld market. A 17th License is a distant Plan B. There has been no resistance until very recently.

Today our Board suffered 2 hours of intense scrutiny thanks to a rehearsed, well orchestrated effort to discredit and expose our financial positon and futile hopes for the future.

Our Board is percieved as leaderless and weak and was attacked accordingly. We have one board member that is a skilled and experienced administrator, the others are not.

The question is: who will influence our board the most, AFL bullies or the Shareholders. The Shareholders have never been more influenced by our members, some overwhelmingly. The members must now ramp up their current activities.

I am a long-time viewer, serial non-poster well aware of the usual newbie conotations. I am also a North Melbourne member that knows that the fight has only just begun.

For the record - relocation means death. I have no second team, i hate them all equally. In neutral games i barrack for the team that helps our ladder position most. I knock back tickets to North-less Grand Finals and hope that both teams lose. What do i do without North Melbourne? Take up ****ing chess!!!

22,000+ members are clearly of no consequence to the AFL and their push for a nationally dominant sport. North's survival is clearly of no consequence to chief football writers of broadsheet newspapers and talkback radio peanuts. It is of great consequence to me.
And so say all of us.

Your comments about broadsheet newspapers and talkback radio peanuts are quite appropriate. However we have had some support from some media personalities so it is best we don't generalise them all as evil.

Your comments about the AFL and its push for national dominance are also quite appropriate. It was only a couple of years ago that Demetriou claimed that no relocations to QLD or NSW would be taking place until 2010 at the earliest. As soon as other codes moved in on the Gold Coast he changed his tune very quickly. It was always going to be a case of musical chairs and unfortunately we appear to be the club most 'vulnerable' club leading into the music stopping around 2010.

Victorian clubs now have two choices-

1) Fight amongst each other for one of the last chairs, and then hope that next round we can do the same thing and earn a chair. And then next round we do the same thing and fight for a chair once more. Hope that other clubs slip over so we don't have to move for a few more years, while the AFL grows more powerful and more arrogant with each round of relocation.

2) Fight TOGETHER and (metaphorically speaking) smack the clown with the CD player out cold. That way none of us go and the history of this great competition, of the clubs who formed it and indeed the integrity of the very game itself is kept intact. And, perhaps just as enjoyably, the stooges trying to control us like common peasants, with their smug grins and six-figure salaries, will find themselves out on their backsides looking for a paper factory to run- so they can boss more people around.

Don't worry mate- if things do go pear-shaped (god forbid) you can count me in on the chess. This league will be dead to me.

Remove this Banner Ad

Here's the mail

Remove this Banner Ad

Back