Coach Hey 'Supporters', have some respect for Hardwick and all he has done.

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't think that's all Harwick's fault if true.
Partially agree, football management including the coach would have a voice in the decision making over strength conditioning and mental preparedness. Will have to accept some responsibility.
Our current system with skills this season has high turnover rates per match with a poor ability to defend on the turnover.

Huum respect? obviously haven't been following him much. Family man, infidelity, drugs. Game day sits up in box-shacking head with no idea what to do when his game plan which I can't work out doesn't work.
I respect that I don't respect him.
What's infidelity got to do with anything?

If 2016 tells us anything, it’s that - as good a bloke as Hardwick is/was - he can’t do much unless he has a crack team around him and some great players in the best form of their career. I don’t think he has those things now so merely celebrating what a good bloke is he is/was won’t get the job done.
Will bringing in a new coach change any of that, all coaches need a good team and players for success, and if we did bring in a new coach, who is the coach we bring in that will do any better than Dimma?

Three flags in 4 years ,one of the great AFL coaches and almost half you mongrels want him sacked?
We've had no decent draft picks for 5 years .
Show some respect and appreciation please.

View attachment 1676659
Sorry but that's rubbish.

Everyone loves, respects, adores and appreciates what Hardwick and Cotchin and the rest have done for this club.

That doesn't mean in a professional sports environment they are immune from critique and a sense that change is required to move forward.

If there's signs that change and transition might help move the club forward, which there are plenty of those signs, you can't just avoid that conversation and decision because "Hey we love that we won 3 flags a few years ago".

Sorry but that's rubbish.

Everyone loves, respects, adores and appreciates what Hardwick and Cotchin and the rest have done for this club.

That doesn't mean in a professional sports environment they are immune from critique and a sense that change is required to move forward.

If there's signs that change and transition might help move the club forward, which there are plenty of those signs, you can't just avoid that conversation and decision because "Hey we love that we won 3 flags a few years ago".
He doesn't deserve to be sacked though Critisize if you want but calling for him to be sacked is ridiculous imo.

See I disagree with it setting us back. By stating that you ignore what was done the draft before. The players we brought in via trade last year we will get 6-7 years of really good footy out of them and they’re ready to go. Going to the draft is pie in the sky and potentially waste that last few good years of players like Dusty and Lynch. I like what we’ve done. We can turn it really quick
Will you feel differently if the trade for Hopper involves giving away a top 3-5 pick?

That's generally where you acquire the Cotchin, Martin, Petracca, Oliver, Bontempelli, Daicos, Walsh, Ashcroft, Sheezel, type talents.

A Hopper type, based on form, these are littered through the first and second rounds of any given draft, or are arguably at the trade table for cheaper than we paid.

I would agree the Hardwick should be given the chance again to rebuild a new team, however he decided to instead go "all in" to prolong our success with the Taranto and Hopper trade which has set us back 2 years in rebuilding.

If at the end of last year he indicated we are going down the rebuild route then I would then have the good will to allow him 3 or so years to try to rebuild the list. Unfortunately the trade decision has set us back.
By using "he decided" I think you have a misunderstanding of how a club works.
A team decided quite rightly that our midfield needed readily experienced inside players. This decision was correct.

Richmond 2023 has players on their list with 2 to 3 yrs experience AFL / VFL that have not improved past bottom 6 level. They have not kicked on.

Richmond has experienced players who have not executed skills and decisions including on field leadership as well as they have done For several seasons previous.

Richmond have the cattle but to this point in this season, they have not executed their skills to a sufficient level:

Missed kicks and handballs to turnover.
Poor blocking for forwards.
Inability to bring ball to ground in a contest
Minimal scoring in the second half of games
Lately, inaccuracy from set shots inside 50.
Confidence sapping. Does Dimma have to address this? Certainly, but not solely.

Will you feel differently if the trade for Hopper involves giving away a top 3-5 pick?

That's generally where you acquire the Cotchin, Martin, Petracca, Oliver, Bontempelli, Daicos, Walsh, Ashcroft, Sheezel, type talents.

A Hopper type, based on form, these are littered through the first and second rounds of any given draft, or are arguably at the trade table for cheaper than we paid.
No it won’t. Dimma just nailed the response in the presser. You take the established AFL player of a speculative pick every day of the week

You are guilty of cherry picking with hindsight over a 15 year period.
There is a post elsewhere that lists many first round draft picks of:

LolNorth
The Orange people
The Sun Tanner's
The Spooners

No Flags.

Analyse successful sides. Not littered with Top tenners because you would be a team of midfielders competing for midfield time.

Tigers need a small forward that can be both defensive and crumb 2 to 3 goals regularly. We haven't been able to coach a shedda / Lambo replacement. This player is not a top 10 draft pick.

We lack a really good wingers.

We thought that Full back was covered for this season. Coach to blame Tarrant / Gibcus injuries?

Yeah I really respect his Rizz - imagine bagging a hot chick 15 years younger. Well done Dimma
Don't mind if I do.

I Like Yes GIF by Saturday Night Live

What's infidelity got to do with anything?
Well, he was known at the club as the family name maybe you have forgotten. Married with kids and slept with his mistress in qld while the rest of the country was in lockdown along with his family in Melb.

You must have a few posters on ignore? I’d do that but that takes away half the fun of bigfooty.
It’s been relentless in other threads

What I find amusing is the narrative that our flags werent won by Dimma but his assistants ... Failed head coaches like Leppa & Truck and champion assistants like Caracella who went on to big things at the bombers after 2017.

The only bloke who seems to be doing ok is McCrae and he is only into his 2nd year.

Also I hate with a passion reading our posters potting blokes like Sonsie, Young, M Rioli Jnr in game day threads for making an error. Stop acting like they are all 50-75 game players FFS, same happened to Gibcus last year. It's pretty pathetic.

What I find amusing is the narrative that our flags werent won by Dimma but his assistants ... Failed head coaches like Leppa & Truck and champion assistants like Caracella who went on to big things at the bombers after 2017.

The only bloke who seems to be doing ok is McCrae and he is only into his 2nd year.

Also I hate with a passion reading our posters potting blokes like Sonsie, Young, M Rioli Jnr in game day threads for making an error. Stop acting like they are all 50-75 game players FFS, same happened to Gibcus last year. It's pretty pathetic.

Well said brother

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've figured out the dimma masterstroke plan he has in place. from an article today:

"Decisions on the Tasmanian side having access to a select number of 17-year-old draft prospects a year before they are draft eligible, similar to the rules afforded to Gold Coast and Greater Western Sydney, will also shape the list concessions.

However outgoing chief executive Gillon McLachlan said on Wednesday in Hobart that the League had learned "a lot" from the introduction of the Suns and Giants, with a number of top picks to be protected for the teams that finish low on the ladder.

"The drafts will be a lot less compromised than they've been in the past, free agency has given us leverage to do that, and we've seen there are actually a lot of mature players who are ready to play that aren't getting games across the board," McLachlan said."

So we suck shit this year, trade back into R1 and all our picks are protected from the south pole wannabes! Dimma is a genius

Remember how every club that needed a coach was desperate to get Clarko's signature? Every other club except maybe us, Sydney and Geelong would have burnt their coach for an opportunity to get Clarko after Hawthorn sacked him.

The same thing would happen with Dimma. Let's show some gratitude for having such a good coach.

I have no problem with people criticizing him and plenty have done it in a reasonable manner last few weeks, but there has been a bunch saying he's useless, he was never a good coach, was all everyone else, all manner of bullshit like that. fmd he's taken us to 3 flags, 1 prelim, 4 more finals series was it ? he's one of the all time greats. and doing that well for so long will hurt you eventually unless you have a cheat home ground/fixture/ceo like geelol. there's no questioning the bloke's success and makes me sick reading that shite

Because of the plethora of threads that are popping up on this board and plenty taking the opportunity to pot the bloke. This board has been pretty ordinary past few weeks. Very very similar to the way it was in 16. Those who stuck up and by Dimma at that stage were rightfully vindicated
Jake Gyllenhaal Reaction GIF

Hardwick is to be respected because he is the premierhsip head coach but he isnt never wrong.

Teams win premierships. Not one head coach. This includes players, recruiters, assistant coaches, ceo gale and president peggy. One the the main things was to harness hardwicks good bits in 2016, not and strengthen the weaknesses which he has openly admitted to.

Look I will always be thankful for what he achieved. And he will always be the 3 time Premiership Coach of the Tigers.

But why should we be locked into keeping him because of that.

As others have said no one is bigger then the Club.

I still think Dimma was made to look a hell of a lot better due to the staff he had supporting him and in some ways leading our game plan.

I'm not a fan of his coaching, or the way he now chooses to portray himself.

But I will always be thankful of him and he will be remembered as a Legend of the Club.

I would agree the Hardwick should be given the chance again to rebuild a new team, however he decided to instead go "all in" to prolong our success with the Taranto and Hopper trade which has set us back 2 years in rebuilding.

Not at all, it's given us a perfect age inside midfield core to rebuild around.

Without Taranto and Hopper, which 4-5 large senior bodies we already had on the list are going to protect kids from getting smashed in the centre for years while this rebuild takes place?

We'd end up watching a midfield much like the side Hardwick inherited, minus Tuck and Jackson.

Three flags in 4 years ,one of the great AFL coaches and almost half you mongrels want him sacked?
We've had no decent draft picks for 5 years .
Show some respect and appreciation please.

View attachment 1676659
Shocking targeted his one wood with rule changes, takes time to come up with the next world-beating tactics, and recruit the personnel to execute it.

I'd give him plenty of time.

Shocking targeted his one wood with rule changes, takes time to come up with the next world-beating tactics, and recruit the personnel to execute it.

Agree. That rule change was an attack on our game style and an attack on the type of player on our list.

Didnt caracella come up with the strategy? Anyways we dont have an small forwards to execute it. Recruiting has been a mess.

Remove this Banner Ad

Coach Hey 'Supporters', have some respect for Hardwick and all he has done.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back