Moved Thread how do you rate and compare the past two premiers?

Which of these teams have the worst premiership winning list in AFL history?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

The Dogs got through their finals to win it from the bottom of the eight on grit alone (and some very favorable umpiring)

Ignoring umpiring rubbish pretty laughable and naive comment in my opinion.

Pump the in form team in the competition in Perth, comfortably beat the 3 time reigning Premiers, beat the stacked GWS at their home ground and powerhouse Sydney in the Granny on 'grit alone.' That must be a hell of a lot of grit. Amazing a team can play a finals series like that just on 'grit.' Imagine if they had ability :eek: I question your understanding of the game if you can watch the Dogs pile on 10 goals to 1 in Perth, or go from 4 goals down against Hawthorn to 6 or 7 goals up and put it down to 'grit.'

And the gall to post a Bradbury picture when you look at the sides the Dogs beat and the ease Richmond won their finals ... you're not covering yourself in glory in this thread

For what its worth the Dogs went 19-7 in 2016 ... same as Hawks 2015. I guess the Hawks were probably just 'grit' as well ..

Last edited:

Let's face it, Richmond and Western Bulldogs aren't the juggernauts of Hawthorn, Geelong and even Collingwood, but that doesn't take anything away from them.

Personally, I like the evenness of the competition atm. It takes a team finding a different gear to win a premiership.

The bulldogs played outside themselves and composed an unthinkable run of it. Richmond had match winners that other teams didn't and looked the more assured team at it, transforming the MCG into a fortress.

Both brilliant victories and with personality. It's not such a bad competition.

That’s pure opinion that Richmond were better. So many factors to be taken into account such as the draw, our injuries during that period, our training loads, etc etc.

My biggest question on crows is simple they underestimated us from fans to players and even coaches.Poor match ups poor selections lack of hunger and no grit just expected to rock up and win.

Not every premiership team becomes an amazing dynasty. We've seen a few strong ones over the years but there's a reason Bulldogs and Tigers won from 15 win H&A seasons - they aren't that strong.

Equalisation is hitting the comp and the best teams aren't as far above the rest anymore. I think it would have hit earlier but GWS and Gold Coast took all the picks when they came in allowing the status quo to be maintained for longer because teams at the bottom struggled to bring in as much elite talent.

Without the fierce hunger that Tigers had in 2017 I think they will go back to the pack. Just another side vying for a spot in the 8. Just like the Bulldogs in 2017. Wouldn't be surprised if they start with a run of losses too. Their players have not had to deal with going late into the finals before. Teams will also figure them out. The no second key forward thing is just a passing trend and is not the way of the future.

Just another silly comment by someone who doesn't understand footy.Mate wasn't just hunger you need talent to and a game plan to suit the players.Maybe your side has a Martin or Cotchin or Rance and host of others

Worry about your side even when we were crap bombers always got toyed by tigers even when cheating the competition.

Just another silly comment by someone who doesn't understand footy.Mate wasn't just hunger you need talent to and a game plan to suit the players.Maybe your side has a Martin or Cotchin or Rance and host of others

Worry about your side even when we were crap bombers always got toyed by tigers even when cheating the competition.
what does it mean to ... 'got toyed', it sounds a little bit weird.. :huh:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Whats funny is if Adelaide and Sydney had won, Bigfooty would be 'oh they thoroughly deserved that win, they were the best team all year'. However, because they lost, Bigfooty conciders The Dogs and Tiger to be Bradburys.

Hawthorn pumped Sydney and West Coast at The G after finishing the season below them, but are arguably the greatest team of all time. It really doesn't equate!!!

Bigfooty loves its NBA anologies, so heres one for you.

The Golden State Warriors finished the 2015/16 regular season with a record breaking 73 wins and 9 losses, 6 games ahead of the next best team and a massive 16 games ahead of The Cleveland Cavaliers. They were undoubtedly the best team of the regular season.

They then went on to become the 10th team in NBA history to come back from 3-1 down in a finals series to win the Eastern Conference Final.

From there it just kept getting better as they raced to a 3-1 series lead and the Championship seemed a formality, as no team in the History of the NBA Finals Series has come back from such a deficit.

Well they went on and made the history books ok, maybe not one they will look back on though, because they were beaten by a team that won when they needed to the most!

The Regular Season is nothing but a platform for teams to compete in for a spot to play off in the finals. From there the best team is chosen, and it is always the one that holds The Premiership Cup aloft!!!

My biggest question on crows is simple they underestimated us from fans to players and even coaches.Poor match ups poor selections lack of hunger and no grit just expected to rock up and win.

I think that’s a fair comment except for the ‘just rocked up and expected to win’ part. Injuries hurt us at the wrong time and losing Smith who is an elite HBF and McGovern who is an elite mark on a day where we struggled to take a mark and Greenwood carrying an ankle injury and being done by qtr time. I think the person who should get most of the blame is Pyke for relying on his gameplan and not doing enough to counter you guys.

tigers up front.. don't know why, but they were far more effusive with ability and I guess they all had the fans and such.

It is cruel to define what is an indefinable commodity and yet fans and money and such have elevated the tiger to something
more than the dogs.. it is what it is. but that is what it constitutes and yet as I say this, I don't believe that the tiger are
good enough to repeat.. No Repeat.. washing machine no breakdown.. no hang ten or sign on the wall that we are
'natural'

Otten and Greenwood barely classify as key players and when Richmond lost Jack Riewoldt who is a bigger loss than Walker we were able to cover his loss and win both games

Greenwood, Talia (our starting FB), Walker (our starting CHF and captain). So take Cotchin, Rance and Riewoldt our of your team for instance.

Otten only played in the GF because no McGovern as he did his hammy in the finals. Otten is a backup and according to AFL.com.au wasn’t in the team in round 22. (I haven’t looked but that’s according to AFL.com.au).

You are quite the arseh*le, you openly bait Tiger fans with that shithouse pic, then back away like the coward you are when they rightfully bite back. Let me guess, your response will be "don't take it so seriously man", which won't fly as you have actually tried to reason your shithouse troll, good mod you are, hope your not a lawyer.

Richmond ******* crunched every contender, they were easily the best team last year.
S.S ,,well said mate thanks, loved the bit about the coward so true

Remove this Banner Ad

Moved Thread how do you rate and compare the past two premiers?

Back