Moved Thread how do you rate and compare the past two premiers?

Which of these teams have the worst premiership winning list in AFL history?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

The funny thing is this thread is meanigless the competition and its size and rules have all changed so comparison is near impossible and its only purpose is to help a few salty Cats supporters deal with your own clubs failure to either go b2b or to stop being everyone elses stepping stone to a flag.

Richmonds speed and pressure was never applied to those old teams of yours so you have mo idea whether any of those teams from the naughties could deal with it.

Your theories are cute but unprovable, certainly not showing anything of value in proving your point, if it helps you handbaggers feel better then all is good, when all is said and done we are still the reigning Premiers and still in the running for b2b.

They have changed yes you are right, and I have been discussing this since my first post and frequently for the last 60 pages and going into detail about the changes with equalisation and it’s impact. I have provided enough evidence for this.

You have never pressured an elite football team, it is much easier to pressure sides that are less skilled. It’s like saying I can knock out mike Tyson because I knocked out Anthony Mundine. Not in the same league.

Collingwood and st Kilda where both much more skilled teams that applied stacks of pressure, who were elite champion sides, we beat them both.

Your elite pressure team just had 20 goals kicked against it tonight and lost by 6 goals, and had 97 points kicked against it by a wooden spoon contender. That is not even close to the trait of a pressure team. Sides have already figured ridhmobd out.

Needs to find a way to validate a Geelong win. Nice.

Sent from my iPad using righteous Bhodi manpower

Hi mate,

TAlk about that pressure antics of Richmond, 97 points against a wooden spoon contender, now conceded 20 goals against an undermanned Adelaide. Some amazing pressure being applied!

Interestingly, thought it would be interesting to compare the defensive strength of the great St Kilda side to this Richmond side of 17.

St Kilda as a side where all about pressure, and here are the points for and against for both sides their campaign years

St Kilda 20-2- PF: 2197 PA:1417 155.7%

Richmond 15-7 PF:1992 PA: 1684 118%

Not only where at Kilda amuch better defensive side, they where also a better attacking team.

Just lightyears apart in ability.

Proves how Richmond would have been around 6th-12 Mark in that era of teams

In AFL history, I believe so.

Removing variables such as natural game plan progressions and natural progressions with time that occurs, as this would mean you have a situation where bulldogs premiership side is better than hawthorns and Brisbane’s triple peat because game plan evolutions Move in a progressive line always, as does available technologies always slightly improves. Consider that fact when deciding.

Simply look at two factors to decide

1. The quality of the players in the premiership team.
2. The quality of the opposition side they faced.

Can you honestly tell me, that this Richmond side is not close to the worst??

Who would you have ahead??

Hang on. A couple of pages ago you were saying that due to equalisation and the soft salary cap teams are spending less on their footy department now and therefore aren't as good as teams from a few years ago.

NOW you are saying current teams have better game plans and technology?

Hmm.

Hang on. A couple of pages ago you were saying that due to equalisation and the soft salary cap teams are spending less on their footy department now and therefore aren't as good as teams from a few years ago.

NOW you are saying current teams have better game plans and technology?

Hmm.

I am saying game plans always move in a forward direction to react to the previous game plans of the year before. This isn’t groundbreaking stuff, it’s common sense.

Which is why I don’t factor in game plans when comparing previous sides, it’s illogical.

Of cause technology advances slightly, but have clubs got the full resources to take advantage of it due to tight salary caps??i would say no. Richmond cut its coaching pAnnel by four because they couldn’t afford to pay their salaries. Does this scream elite high performance? Absolutely not

Under that logic. Your hawthorn triple peat is worse than the Richmond flag. Doesn’t work that way

Yep if Richmond don’t make the 8 which is a big possibility, probably 50-50 given how many MCG games they play.

If they miss the 8 the bulldogs are the better side.
Sorry but facts are facts.
Richmond had the most dominant finals series this century.
Your pages and pages of salt can't change that.

Sorry but facts are facts.
Richmond had the most dominant finals series this century.
Your pages and pages of salt can't change that.

I have given all the facts about the watered down equalisation competition and how Richmond beat weaker opponents. Have given plenty of facts for this.

So please tell me, what happened to the great defensive pressure outfit?? 100 points Carlton and 120 points to an undermanned Adelaide.

Some seriously amazing defensive antics right there

I am saying game plans always move in a forward direction to react to the previous game plans of the year before. This isn’t groundbreaking stuff, it’s common sense.

Which is why I don’t factor in game plans when comparing previous sides, it’s illogical.

Of cause technology advances slightly, but have clubs got the full resources to take advantage of it due to tight salary caps??i would say no. Richmond cut its coaching pAnnel by four because they couldn’t afford to pay their salaries. Does this scream elite high performance? Absolutely not

Under that logic. Your hawthorn triple peat is worse than the Richmond flag. Doesn’t work that way

No, under YOUR logic they are better.. except when it suits your argument to say they are worse.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have given all the facts about the watered down equalisation competition and how Richmond beat weaker opponents. Have given plenty of facts for this.

So please tell me, what happened to the great defensive pressure outfit?? 100 points Carlton and 120 points to an undermanned Adelaide.

Some seriously amazing defensive antics right there
You poor Geelong supporters seem completely oblivious to the fact that premierships are won in September.

You poor Geelong supporters seem completely oblivious to the fact that premierships are won in September.

Yes and you won it against weaker sides in September. You had the easiest September campaign. You didn’t play elite sides in September like Geelong did when we beat St Kilda and Collingwood

Yes and you won it against weaker sides in September. You had the easiest September campaign. You didn’t play elite sides in September like Geelong did when we beat St Kilda and Collingwood
Poor fellow. I really hope that you can find a way out of your deep dark hole.
Richmond had the most dominant finals series this century. And they did it without resorting to systematic drug cheating like Geelong did.
Hopefully you can find a way to accept these basic facts and move on and start some sort of healing process.

Hey Geelol_muppet26, Did you hear that Richmond had the most dominant finals series this century? Had you taken this information into account during your 64 pages of repetitive drivel. Wow, fancy that. The best in 17 years. The best. Bow down minnow. Respect the premiers.

This is where all the energy comes from. *unt Road supporters don't feel respected for their Bradbury.

It's alright, Tigers. If you win premierships in the next couple of years, we might change our minds.
You dont seriously think anyone that isnt an inbred from sleepy hollow actually respects the Cats, Wowee are you of the mark.

9 flags in 120 years, 3 won under the cloud of an asterisk does not garner respect Im afraid,.

Hey Geelol_muppet26, Did you hear that Richmond had the most dominant finals series this century? Had you taken this information into account during your 64 pages of repetitive drivel. Wow, fancy that. The best in 17 years. The best. Bow down minnow. Respect the premiers.

Most dominant how?? You didn’t win any of them by over 50 points. There have been teams who have won multiple finals by over 100 points. So strange call.

Also your opposition was much weaker you played. Making it a less credible finals run and also a much easier finals series than if you faced quality opposition.

This Richmond side is easily one of the worst two, just look at how they are backing it up right now also, terrible form

You dont seriously think anyone that isnt an inbred from sleepy hollow actually respects the Cats, Wowee are you of the mark.

9 flags in 120 years, 3 won under the cloud of an asterisk does not garner respect Im afraid,.

Absolutely they do. Our premiership group is talked about as one of the greatest of all time And debated as to who is better against Brisbane and hawthorns sides. We sit on our own shelf above the rest. You and the bulldogs sit on the lowest shelf where everybody disrespects your flags.

Your premiership group is that bad, you actually have all the bottom 8 sides sayING because ridhmobd won it, we can too. That is such a disrespect from sides towards the ability of your playing group. You also have all the AFL players saying your going to be the big sliders.

I have never seen a premiership side get belittled and disrespected as much as your Richmond team.

It is to the extent I actually do genuinely feel sorry for you and how you have missed out on the experience every other premiership team gets to experience off season.

Poor fellow. I really hope that you can find a way out of your deep dark hole.
Richmond had the most dominant finals series this century. And they did it without resorting to systematic drug cheating like Geelong did.
Hopefully you can find a way to accept these basic facts and move on and start some sort of healing process.

Most dominant how?? You didn’t win a single match by over 50 points. There have been sides who have won 2/3 finals by over 100 points. Our 07 team broke the record for largest grand final margin of all time.

So I have no idea how your drawing that idea anyway.

Remove this Banner Ad

Moved Thread how do you rate and compare the past two premiers?

Back