How do you rate the Sainters this weekend?

Remove this Banner Ad

Originally posted by Dry Rot
Their danger players? Our match-ups? And our key threats to them?

They can play good footy.
Losing Hayes and Everitt is a massive blow for them as I believe they would have been reasonably confident going in against us.They still have some good players but if we play near our best we will win.You would expect Darcy,West and co to be to strong in the centre although young Baker has beaten westy before but I am not sure whether he will play.

Hamill is a difficult match up.The only player in our team that I can recall doing a really good job on him was Harrison in his first game for the club.Would suprise me if he gets the job again though.Similarly Riewoldt looms as a difficult match up.Hunter looks the most suited to him but is far from the ideal match up.I wouldn't be against throwing Hargrave onto him.He is good at ground level and is one of the only ones with recovery skills to match Riewoldt.He would be giving away a few centimetres but I can see that matchup working(doubt it will occur though).They are building a fairly potent forward line and we wont want it going down there on a regular basis IMO.Libba,Birss,Hargrave or even Kretiuk should get the job on Milne.

It is not going to be a walk in the park but it is one we should win and have to if we are going to make the finals.

I heard that Hamill will miss but that Hudgton (however you spell it) anf Gehrig will be back.

Apparently Hudgton is the full back who has the least amount of goals kicked on him this year so if he starts on Saunders it wil be a good guide to where Saunders is at.

With the Saints injuries and Grant, Bandy and Saunders going well they should really be stretched at the back or have nothing up forward.

Who plays on Milne should also be interesting. I would expect Birss to get first crack.

With the Saints having so many out it leaves a number of unknowns (to me) in their side and so I am unsure of the matchups. Maybe a couple will get under the match committee's guard but with an almost full list we should be able to handle them. we may even go in as firm favourites which will be new territory to all.

Could be trouble.........

Jason Cripps plays his 50th game this week for the sainters and he is held in a similar regard at moorabin as to the likes of libba is at the bulldogs.He is extremely popular for the saints and they will lift for him:( Does anyone else feel get the feeling we are about to walk into an ambush?:(

Re: Could be trouble.........

Originally posted by dogboy23
Does anyone else feel get the feeling we are about to walk into an ambush?:(

I get the feeling we're walking into an easy 7 or 8 goal victory against one of the AFL's worste sides.

They're missing arguably their best player in Everitt and this years best player in Hayes. We are full strength with 4 wins in a row. If we lose they're should be an inquest

We should be ware.

I have been following this club for a long time. How long? A very long time - Allan Hopkins used to call me Uncle Walker - and our history is not one of winning 5 games in a row regularly. Was it round 1 last year when the young saints outplayed us.

We are going very well this year but history tells us that we regularly come unstuck during the year and we should not get ahead of ourseleves. If we win by between 8 and 10 goals I will be happy

Max Hudgton (blame Mr. Walker for spelling) looks like missing now after coming off last night with what look liked at hamstring. So on paper, current form and with the Saints injuries the Dogs will go into the game very strong favourites. I`m sorry guys but i just help but feeling bloody nervous about playing at a ground where our record this year is one win out of six "and that win was against Carlton, do we really count that one?" I just hope the teams mindset is right and the mighty Bulldogs can have a solid win and show the supporters that coming to Colonial was not a mistake. Please prove me wrong Dogs! :(

TheFlyingEgg while one of those Ben Cunningham lovechild morons said it. I said it against Freo and I'll say it again, we will cane them. They are a pitiful side missing arguably there 2 best players. We are in great form and even if we play poorly we will win. And I'm sure you all know we'll win to. My tip: Bullies by 52

Originally posted by Bulldog1954
They are a pitiful side missing arguably there 2 best players. We are in great form and even if we play poorly we will win. And I'm sure you all know we'll win to. My tip: Bullies by 52

Can't help but agree with that. The only guy who could really do damage to us won't be playing. Sure, we can't 'relax', but you CAN know you are better than a side, know you should smash them, whilst not taking them lightly. It is a trick we seem to be starting to get a handle on.

Hey! Has the game been played already? Did I miss it? You guys are pretty cocky! Well you are going to look pretty stupid if this 52 point victory doesn't eventuate and I doubt that it will. Saints are fielding a team, so the possibility of defeat does exist, even though we will field nowhere near our best team, it will suffice.

Fortius quo fidelius!

Originally posted by saintsrule
Hey! Has the game been played already? Did I miss it? You guys are pretty cocky! Well you are going to look pretty stupid if this 52 point victory doesn't eventuate and I doubt that it will. Saints are fielding a team, so the possibility of defeat does exist, even though we will field nowhere near our best team, it will suffice.

Did anybody say the possibilty if defeat does not exist?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I agree we should and probably will beat them but you just cant help getting the wrong sort of feeling about this game.There hardly without hope when you consider there improved showings over recent weeks.I agree though that we are in serious trouble if we lose and there should be an inquest.

can't remeber ever seeing the doggies win 5 in a row..........
saints are always going to give it a shake no matter who they put on the field, one thing about us doggies we don't mind getting ahead of ourselves hey?

honestly its good to be positive but after 4 in a row a lot of people have been talking *cough* premierships and *cough*record winning streaks (not always on this board but generally) Lets do the old taking it one week at a time and show a bit more respect to those who are going to provide a good contest.

Originally posted by dancingdoggie17
Saintsrule is right. We are pretty bloody cocky and that is not a good thing! If the guys go out onto that field even dreaming about pretending to think about winning easily I don't think we will.

we will smash them so that our percentage is better than the dons.

'we will smash them so that our percentage is better than the dons'
'one of the afl's worst sides, 7 or 8 goal victory'.
'we will cane them. they are a pitiful side, bullies by 52'.
'you can know you are better than a side, know you should smash them'

keep them coming doggies supporters. we kept a list of all the predictions the richmond and west coast supporters made before playing against the saints and both these sides had to have an 'inquest' after losing. :D the lack of respect for our side may be warranted from our last couple of years performances but beware, the saints are playing better football and are on the rise.

it is a constant source of frustration to saints supporters that this season we have had up to 12 of our best players out for any particular game yet your lot can have a full list to select from. we don't need to poach chris grant from your club we need your medical team. ;) however our injury list comes with a silver lining this time, it has allowed the likes of reiwoldt, dal santo, clarke, milne and hayes to shoulder greater on field responsibilities which they have all thrived on. i could throttle everitt for getting suspended this game, he usually beats your mob on his own. harvey, jones and gehrig will be handy inclusions but is offset by losing hayes and everitt.

grant thomas has our team playing with more passion and committment than the weak bunch of misfits that pretended to be a football team in saints colors of the last 2 years. we have nothing to lose in any game for the rest of the year, your blokes for the first time are thinking about the finals.

good luck, the better team will win.

:D :D

We have lost to st kilda in recent years when we should have won, so i am a tiny, tiny bit worried. Though realistically we should beat them by a fair margin. The way i see it, even if they had a full list we would be favourites, and the fact that they have injuries makes us even more favourites. So, saints ppl try to stop sooking and if u win how about just celebrating with your own ppl and not try to rub it it. (And no this is not me preparing for a loss, it is in reference to what happened last year round 1. Never have i experinced such gloating from opposition supporters directly after a game...WORSE THAN COLLINWOOD!!! :rolleyes: )

ScoreBoardEnd said that the Doggies record at Colonial is one win in the past 6.......It's actually 1 from 9!

I'm a Doggies man, and I have to say, that this is the least confident I've been in the past 6 weeks.

Darcy REALLY SHOULD dominate the middle, but I'll be happy when this one is in the bag!

(Famous last words??)

Originally posted by StrengthThroughLoyalty
'we will smash them so that our percentage is better than the dons'
'one of the afl's worst sides, 7 or 8 goal victory'.
'we will cane them. they are a pitiful side, bullies by 52'.
'you can know you are better than a side, know you should smash them'

keep them coming doggies supporters. we kept a list of all the predictions the richmond and west coast supporters made before playing against the saints and both these sides had to have an 'inquest' after losing. :D the lack of respect for our side may be warranted from our last couple of years performances but beware, the saints are playing better football and are on the rise.

it is a constant source of frustration to saints supporters that this season we have had up to 12 of our best players out for any particular game yet your lot can have a full list to select from. we don't need to poach chris grant from your club we need your medical team. ;) however our injury list comes with a silver lining this time, it has allowed the likes of reiwoldt, dal santo, clarke, milne and hayes to shoulder greater on field responsibilities which they have all thrived on. i could throttle everitt for getting suspended this game, he usually beats your mob on his own. harvey, jones and gehrig will be handy inclusions but is offset by losing hayes and everitt.

grant thomas has our team playing with more passion and committment than the weak bunch of misfits that pretended to be a football team in saints colors of the last 2 years. we have nothing to lose in any game for the rest of the year, your blokes for the first time are thinking about the finals.

good luck, the better team will win.

:D :D

You guys are gutted by injuries, and we have a full list. Id back us against Brissie or Port if they had the injuries you lot have.
Take away msot of the top players from any side and they become ordinary really quickly.

ANY team can win on ANY given weekend! Don't even dare to count the Saints out before the match has even begun.

I'm not up to date with all of the Sainters injuries, but from what I've read, they seem to have many good players out. When one's back is up against the wall, extraordinary things may happen and HAVE HAPPENED in the past. We must NEVER underestimate ANY opposition team. They are professionals who will give their best no matter what the odds are against them.

I just hope that when I watch that darn AFL scoreboard changing on Friday morning, it'll be changing to register scores for us - and I mean GOALS!!! :D Enjoy the match everyone! Hey PC, TADS, sigscotty and Rocco - have a yell or two for me!;) :D

keep them coming doggies supporters. we kept a list of all the predictions the richmond and west coast supporters made before playing against the saints and both these sides had to have an 'inquest' after losing.

Did you also keep a record of the Geelong and Essendon fans predictions?

I stand by my selection and am prepared to accept a bagging if we don't achieve it, I am also prepared to remind you WHEN we do

:D

i can accept you calling us ****s, even ****en ****s, describe us as moronic troglodytes or a pack of brain dead ********s but this insult is going to far. :mad: ;) :D

I agree!

Hahn, I think you owe STL an apology!:D And please don't use language like that in the future, young lady! ;) :D

Remove this Banner Ad

How do you rate the Sainters this weekend?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back