Backfire How is Robbie Williams working out for you... Gill?

Remove this Banner Ad

Gill should never be incharge of organising any event ever. AFL-X, Meat Loaf, having a grand final parade in a dirty river where you cant even see anyone... now Robbie Williams who is some incredibly old and boring musician. He will choke and be horrible like meatloaf. AFL cant give Tasmania millions of dollars but they can give it to some guy who is only relevant to old boomers!

I agree we should have ex-players do the GF entertainment, ie.. Shane Crawford, Nathan G Brown, Buckley and someone who can SING that is an aussie like Delta Goodrem

*but heck if we want real international talent that's ageless then get someone like Bon Jovi, Tracy Chapman or anything that is QUEEN

Poster said it was his best song.

but its also true of his earlier stuff too. Great musician but his voice was always his weakness.

Bowie was also a plonker who slept with underage girls.

Starting to be concerned at the OP's liking of Musicians with immoral/unsavoury personal lives.

Next she will be suggesting Marilyn Manson to headline next year's Granny.

I think it would be uncommon for a person to like every single thing that a musician has ever done! Some bands/artists I might only like one or two songs, or the ones I like a lot I might like 90% of their stuff, but I don't think I like 100% of any music! It's different than books.

correct, music is different from books.

Poster said it was his best song.
I think it is. I am not a Bowie fan, but that song and a few others are pretty good.

We could also not worrie about singers and get Joshua Bell to perform at the Grand Final! Imagine this lighting up the MCG! :eekv1:

Is Michael Flatley still kicking?

dance GIF

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This guy's reaction that I time stamped makes me feel happy that some people enjoyed Robbie Williams, even if I think they shouldn't have! Is it BloodRet ?

I think Geelong ruined the rest of his day.. poor guy :cryv1:

Jummy Durante.

Great music requires only of the voice that it carries the character of the music in just the right way. Part of which, but not all, is a product of the writing and composing.

Power, clarity and prettiness of voice are not essential at all.

Just as it is easy, with a little thought, to list "poor" voices which carry great songs to perfection; it is also not difficult to list marvelous voices that produce nothing but fluffy rubbish. Celine Dion springs to mind.

Just as it is easy, with a little thought, to list "poor" voices which carry great songs to perfection; it is also not difficult to list marvelous voices that produce nothing but fluffy rubbish. Celine Dion springs to mind.
Have you not seen Titanic?

Remove this Banner Ad

Backfire How is Robbie Williams working out for you... Gill?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back