how many forced trades have you had so far?

How many FORCED trades have you used to avoid a zero

• None

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1-2

• 3-4

• 5-6

• More than 6

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

m_zulian

Debutant
Mar 7, 2009
Berwick
AFL Club
North Melbourne
How many trades have you used to avoid a zero this season?
For eaxmple trading out a player that had got injured when you had no emergencies for that position.

So far I have used 6 trades to avoid a zero.
Here they are
Rd 7 Lucas out, J. Brown in
rd 8 Malceski out, Gilbert in.
Didak out, Sidebottom in
rd 9 T. Tuck out, Corey in.
Petrenko out, Grimed in
rd 11 Beams out, Muston in

most of my trades have been forced trades I think

Bowden, C.Cloke, Russell, Rance, Houlihan, Fraser, Richo, Ablett, Didak

I have a dangerous strategy with youngsters on the bench who are likely to play but dont play often enough so when a top player goes down, they need replacing

Of that list, Fraser was the only one I took back later

avoiding a zero isn't a forced trade because sometimes in DT you have to cop a zero. I've copped six zeros this season and if I traded every time to avoid a zero I'd have 0 trades remaining. every coach cops zeros - the smart ones just put up with it, to a degree. the only truly forced trades this season are guys like hille, harvey & richo. skipworth, chaddy etc don't count.

avoiding a zero isn't a forced trade because sometimes in DT you have to cop a zero. I've copped six zeros this season and if I traded every time to avoid a zero I'd have 0 trades remaining. every coach cops zeros - the smart ones just put up with it, to a degree. the only truly forced trades this season are guys like hille, harvey & richo. skipworth, chaddy etc don't count.
Agreed. I don't believe in forced trades unless its an extreme circumstance (eg season-long injury or long-term injury with no bench cover)

R4 - Out: Anthony & Raines. In: Beams & Gilbert.
R5 - Out: Jacobs & Skipworth. In: Meeson & S McMahon.
R6 - Out: Hille & Ottens. In: McIntosh & Kreuzer.
R7 - Out: B Harvey & Dalziell. In: Swan & Pavlich.
R9 - Out: Petrenko & Houlihan. In: Grimes & Ross. Then Houlihan got promoted the next week! :mad:
R11 - Out: Cheney. In: Enright. But Cheney ended up playing on the Monday.

Only the last 3 trades were to solely avoid a zero. All the other 8 were LTI. I also had a trade in R3 to get rid of Callan who I tried to swap for Houlihan before the R1 lockout but couldn't.

I'm currently carrying 3 injured players and 4 who aren't playing in their teams' 22.

Remove this Banner Ad

how many forced trades have you had so far?

Back