How many on this board are regular interstate travelers?

Remove this Banner Ad

FFC + BBFC = BBFFC

All Australian
Jun 29, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Wolverhampton Wanderers
I've probably only been 4-5 times interstate over the 11 years since my switch from lions to lions in 97'.
How many here do it regularly? Every time I see a small contingent of Lions supporters interstate on telly it really makes me proud that there are people out there loyal enough to put in the time, effort and cash to display the qualities the truly underpin our football club.

good stuff lads

cheers

Some of us don't have a choice but to travel.

Travelling for

- rounds 5, 10 and 11 in Brisbane
- rounds 8, 12, 15 and 17 in Melbourne
- round 22 in Sydney

I probably get to more games that most of our supporters who live in Melbourne. Shame on them! :p

When I lived in Queensland before my son was born I used to travel to Adelaide, Sydney and Melbourne to watch the Bears/Lions on a very regular basis. Now I'm back in SA I get to Adelaide once a year (approx 500km) and I try to get to Melbourne twice a year (approx 500km) usually to the matches that have family activities attached to them. It is just so expensive to travel now days, unfortunately. I miss going to the Gabba!!!:(

Travel from Central Victoria to Melbourne for about 95% of Lions Victorian Games, had my first trip to the Gabba last year, hoping to double that later this year.

Have not missed a game in Perth since 1999 - i lived there between 1999-2004, so the last 4 years i tie the Lions games with visiting mates and the Perth office. When i lived in Perth i visited Melbourne 3-4 times a year to see family and friends - always tied in when the Lions played there. Of course went over for the 4 GF. I only went to Brisbane once while living in Perth, in between two Melbouren games.

Now i try to get up to Brisbane 2-3 times a year and also the Gold Coast game.

Usually see at least three or interstate games a year.

2008 will be huge though, as I am travelling to Melbourne for the Carlton, Bulldogs and Richmond games. Also heading to Tassie for the Dawks game and Sydney for round 22. Should also be able to count flying to Melbourne for Round 1, saw 5 games in 3 days:thumbsu:

Now if we make the finals...................;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lion12Footy great to see a fellow Mount Gambier'an. I just moved to Adelaide for Uni but the G is where it is at!!
Not many of us about in Mount Gambier, although having said that I think we are growing in population. Lots of the kids down here love the Lions. If they keep winning we could start our own supporter base here!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

How many on this board are regular interstate travelers?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back