How old were u when u played your first game of top grade footy in seniors (1s)

Remove this Banner Ad

played for Baulkham Hills Reserve Grade when i was 14,missed a game with the 18s and was a bit stringy for 1sts.remember it like it was yesterday.obviously not at the same level as other posters,but still,at that age they were all the size of buses.

19 - Only got a game because we were riddled with injuries. Played against one of those sides that loses every game by 100+ points (for those Hobart readers, we played Lachlan!)

Played all year in the reserves at 16 (turned 17 through the year). Strong club that year, won flags in both grades. Was apparently very close to making my senior debut in the grand final.

Ended up making my senior debut round one of the next season, I was 17.

Snoozer said:
16 playing for an injury riddled Cobram 1's. Got smacked in the beak for my trouble.... and got hammered by 13 goals.

Who against snoozer?? Big fella like yourself would've given one back wouldn't you??

(Log in to remove this ad.)

South Purrumbete Versus Pirron Yallock 1980. Colac & DFL.

Stats

1 handball and couple of tackles from the forward pocket.

Knee injury just before half time after my first run on the ball.

18. Was named as an emergency in the final round of the season and played the 1st quarter in the twos (didnt get a kick) but a player pulled out and I was taken off and brought in as a late replacement. Did OK (5 touches and a goal in a quarter and a half) but a few were coming back and I was left out of the finals teams, would have played in the prelim final if it rained, but it didn't and they played an outside player instead.

I was 17. Played for Barmera-Monash against Loxton. Already played U/18's that day then had to play in the A's. Sat on the bench all day and didn't get on :mad: . Bit happier that night when I got $40 bucks coz we won and each player in the 22 got payed for winning :)

I hit the field the next year and got cleaned up at the opening bounce!

Remove this Banner Ad

How old were u when u played your first game of top grade footy in seniors (1s)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back