Vic How would you rate Daniel Andrews' performance as Victorian Premier? - Part 6

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whilst I agree mate, I’m happy to wear a mask to a toilet/bar if it means my life remains normal. Nobody is going to police it in a restaurant / bar anyway. It’ll be more so sporting stadiums that will.

Pretty much agree with you, particularly with stadiums where masking while moving does make more sense. But for the rest of hospitality it doesn't really make a difference in terms of risk of getting infected, but has an outsized impact on businesses needing to use draw staff away to enforce compliance and disincentivising patrons to go out in the first place. Wish they showed a bit more nuance.

Pretty much agree with you, particularly with stadiums where masking while moving does make more sense. But for the rest of hospitality it doesn't really make a difference in terms of risk of getting infected, but has an outsized impact on businesses needing to use draw staff away to enforce compliance and disincentivising patrons to go out in the first place. Wish they showed a bit more nuance.

Night clubs are still at full capacity. Nobody is wearing a mask on a dance floor. Not much will change. Just bring it with you to restaurants/sporting events and wear it to the bar / toilet. Then take if off back at your table/seat. Easy as.

Tasmania introduced masks indoors ehen they opened borders last week. Prior to that there was no masks for over 18 months. Pubs and restaurants are now complaining because customers are staying away due to having to mask up.
Nobody masks up in pubs or restaurants in Vic. Why would you?

View attachment 1301253

It's almost like businesses don't give a sh*t about people....
People only returned to the office once the mask mandate was removed. Put it back in for another 3-6 month period (i doubt it will be a short period) and the City will be dead again. Even more businesses that rely on people working in the City won't survive

The Business lobby group if always going to focus more on businesses more than health

Asking venues to only do seated service is an “in effect” capacity cap.

And this is where it is ******* nuts, you go to the test at the G, sitting at your seat = no mask, get up to get a drink or have a piss =mask.
I would say that a person exhales more air when walking than sitting in the open, plus the fact that all of the vendors and the toilets at the MCG are indoors.

They aren’t changing it to seated service only again are they…? 😕

They’ve asked venues to have only seated service and to not have dance floors inside.

Strange that it’s an ask and not a tell, probably need to get the health advice drafted before its mandated under the new legislation.

They’ve asked venues to have only seated service and to not have dance floors inside.

Strange that it’s an ask and not a tell, probably need to get the health advice drafted before its mandated under the new legislation.

Jesus Christ. Wasn’t aware of that.

just a guess, may be understanding its a shocker of a time of year to do the usual 24-48hr TAT on any changes

Makes sense from an anecdotal analysis of current COVID cases. Dozens of venues are being pinged for having COVID cases and more "social media" influencers, etc have tested positive in the past week than during the entire pandemic, the majority of them stemming from bar and/or night club events.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I would say that a person exhales more air when walking than sitting in the open, plus the fact that all of the vendors and the toilets at the MCG are indoors.

See i find that hard to believe at a sporting event, i highly doubt people will sit there quietly, you can guarantee the crowd will be going nuts as we rip through the useless poms, be a fair bit of yelling and shouting, which if i'm not mistaken exhales air, it's not the theatre.

215 million dollars so our met-cops have even more weapons to use on homeless people and minority groups, thanks Dan!

Wonder how long it will be until some disabled or disadvantaged guy gets smashed by one of these things.
Tasering fare-evaders does sound fun though, would definitely make hanging out at train-stations a bit more entertaining.

215 million dollars so our met-cops have even more weapons to use on homeless people and minority groups, thanks Dan!

Wonder how long it will be until some disabled or disadvantaged guy gets smashed by one of these things.
Tasering fare-evaders does sound fun though, would definitely make hanging out at train-stations a bit more entertaining.
"Most Progressive Government in Australia"

Every time they do actually do something progressive they have to go and spend a bunch of money on cops and prisons to balance it out apparently

The PSOs are already violent ****ers this will end well

It's ok, they'll have cameras on them.

Feels like a 'seen to be doing something' sort of announcement, when the settings they already have in place are appropriate.

Did find it funny though that the government mandated return to the office for government workers by January and now they’ve come out and told people to work from home again…

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back