Vic How would you rate Daniel Andrews' performance as Victorian Premier? - Part 6

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't recall saying anyone was.

then who is this directed at?

"Mandating masks in private households is pointless. If that's that biggest gripe you're taking away from today's announcements then there isn't much to b*tch about. "

then who is this directed at?

"Mandating masks in private households is pointless. If that's that biggest gripe you're taking away from today's announcements then there isn't much to b*tch about. "
The poster that seems to have a gripe with it.

Seems fairly obvious to me. 🤔

and again, which poster has an issue with no mandates in homes?

Do you normally just read the last post or 2 in a thread and question posters? Literally on the same page as my original post.

So the biggest indoor spreading event doesn't have a mask mandate.
From the CHO own words. You put it in place to lead to greater compliance. It was also the rules when visiting homes late last year/early this year

Definitely wasn't movement limits, density possibly but it was something like 10 to your home in a day.

And anyway the comment he made today would indicate even if it wasn't enforceable it would still lead to a greater level of compliance. All year we have been told home visits are the biggest spreading events and now there are no mask mandates to cover the biggest spreading event.

hawkman seems to think it should've been mandated. If not then I read them wrong.

Do you normally just read the last post or 2 in a thread and question posters? Literally on the same page as my original post.

hawkman seems to think it should've been mandated. If not then I read them wrong.

sorry - had him accidently on ignore

I was incredibly confused

me too! i couldnt figure out why you thought someone was sooking about it

love my phone, but the browser gets laggy and you end up double clicking. usually i just end up on the soccer board or open convos with randoms

I reckon the masks everywhere no matter what rule we had last two winters damaged mask mandates big time

Outdoors walking along must wear a mask, rules that don't make sense and aren't proportionate

I have no issues with masks indoor in public spaces and for large crowds like at the G

maybe we'd not have dropped them as hard if they hadn't made masks close to political poison with their whole lets just make going outside miserable schtick the last two winters
Outdoor masks were almost the most ridiculous rule of the whole pandemic, just discouraged people from going outside along with not being able to meet friends outside. Just made people go for illegal gatherings indoors

Indoor mask mandates are absolutely sensible now though until we really know the risk of Omicron

I reckon the masks everywhere no matter what rule we had last two winters damaged mask mandates big time

Outdoors walking along must wear a mask, rules that don't make sense and aren't proportionate

I have no issues with masks indoor in public spaces and for large crowds like at the G

maybe we'd not have dropped them as hard if they hadn't made masks close to political poison with their whole lets just make going outside miserable schtick the last two winters
I think rightwing conspiracy theories and the huge media platform given to them helped "damage" goodwill towards mask mandates.

That and flogs like Nick Coatsworth and Peter Collingnon arguing for extended periods that COVID wasn't airborne.

I think rightwing conspiracy theories and the huge media platform given to them helped "damage" goodwill towards mask mandates.

That and flogs like Nick Coatsworth and Peter Collingnon arguing for extended periods that COVID wasn't airborne.

Are the lib preselections closed up there yet?

Definitely wasn't movement limits, density possibly but it was something like 10 to your home in a day.

And anyway the comment he made today would indicate even if it wasn't enforceable it would still lead to a greater level of compliance. All year we have been told home visits are the biggest spreading events and now there are no mask mandates to cover the biggest spreading event.
Because when we have complete freedom of movement, so no lockdowns or similar restrictions and no density limits in homes, it is an impossible and pointless "mandate".

You can ask people in those situations, but without other restrictions it's just an announcement that the flogs will likely weaponise to undermine other more enforceable public health orders.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Have the Freedom Fighters issued an official press release re the mask mandate?
It's NSW, so unless Clive/PMO have given the order, I doubt it.

He's also upset about the "Domicron" moniker, but has only ever taken potshots at Vic political and public health officials.

Being mates with Porter and Van Olsen should be a fair indicator of his character.

Last edited:
Mandating masks in private households is pointless. If that's that biggest gripe you're taking away from today's announcements then there isn't much to b*tch about.
We agree on this.

Unless we are under lockdown, with density restrictions that apply to households, it's a fizzer.

You can encourage it, but mandates would make no sense.

It's NSW, so unless Clive/PMO have given the order, I doubt it.

He's also upset about the "Domicron" moniker, but has only ever taken potshots at Vic political and public health officials.

Being mates with Porter and Van Olsen should be a fair indicator of his character.

NSW have gone harder than VIC now with density limits.

Vic government being irresponsible?

This is good news.

I was shocked and I'd say very sceptical of initial reports that suggested a huge comparative dropoff in effectiveness for AZ, which would make no sense?

In the end though they modulate the immune response in a slightly different manner, they still introduce a benign analogue for the same spike protein. I wonder if it was simply a case of timing of availability, as in AZ had greater availability earlier, and a lack of fidelity when it came to estimating the confounding effect of time on declining immunity.

NSW have gone harder than VIC now with density limits.

Vic government being irresponsible?
If there is a similar surge, then density limits will make sense.

TBH though, I'm not sure how effective they will be, given how transmissible Omicron is.

Household/event density limits and temporary closure of a small subset of venues, so nightclubs and pubs would make more sense if slowing spread is what they really wanted to do.

But the public appetite and political will may not be there yet.

The single most important thing is the booster program. That's where government should direct it's resources.

If Morrison again is going to shortchange Vic, then Andrews should step into the breach.

Better for the state to fund federal responsibilities, like private clinics and chemists to vaccinate, than pay businesses to shut down (given Omicron is milder).

Likewise, better to mandate boosters in sensitive areas, than rsstrict access.

Last edited:
I've long argued it is all about vaccinations, and now at least, securing treatments/antivirals, but the Feds can't be trusted.

Either to act in a timely fashion or distribute medicines and resources equitably.

We've just heard NSW will receive 300k boosters p/w. I strongly doubt Vic will get a proportional allotment. Nor equivalent access to the antiviral stockpiles. That's why premiers keep toying with restrictions.

I've long argued it is all about vaccinations, and now at least, securing treatments/antivirals, but the Feds can't be trusted.

Either to act in a timely fashion or distribute medicines and resources equitably.

We've just heard NSW will receive 300k boosters p/w. I strongly doubt Vic will get a proportional allotment. Nor equivalent access to the antiviral stockpiles. That's why premiers keep toying with restrictions.

Lol, there are more boosters than demand by a long way atm…

As of Friday, just over 1.51 million Australians had received a booster dose out of an eligible group of 3.16 million. There are currently 3.2m doses of mRNA vaccines at primary care and state vaccination settings, with 4.8m expected to be in clinic fridges across Australia by Christmas.

As was well known by most people, it was only lockdowns then mandates that got people vaccinated. There will be no urgency for most people to bother with a booster.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back