Portfolio Hyundai A-League - A Zooper Dooper Portfolio

Remove this Banner Ad

Apr 20, 2017
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Vancouver Canucks, Southampton FC
Yes, my strike rate is poor and consistency is off, but I've decided to try and do another different portfolio. School has been a pain and has stopped me from finishing many, but as the year wraps up, hopefully, I can finish this one. I plan on redesigning, expanding and adding a small story to this portfolio. I've already decided to go back to the original logo as I think it's just better than the current, and it brings back the glory of the earlier years of the League! The A-League is revisited through the lens of someone else!

Adelaide United
Nothing much to say about the first one. But for the past few years, I've felt as though Adelaide has had a lack of design. Many people have given them a sash, and I'm a fan of it. The double sash is featured here, originally I had them in a white away kit, but as many other teams in this portfolio have a white away kit, I decided to give them a black one instead.

Adelaide United 1.png

Last edited:

Central Coast Mariners
The Mariners are a team who has had a quite 'up and down' kit history. One year it's all yellow, the next it's stripes then there are stripes on just one sleeve. The Mariners have the potential to have an amazing kit with some great colours. I ultimately decided to choose stripes. One year the dominant colour could be yellow, the next blue. I tried it here and I think it came out pretty well. The away was inspired by their jerseys from a few years ago, which featured a palm tree. Masterfoods should always be their sponsor. Without Masterfoods, there's no holy sauce bottles and no holy sauce bottle equal no Central Coast Mariners. Well for me anyway.

Central Coast Mariners.png

Last edited:
Perth Glory
The Glory is a team that I've never ever really hated, mainly because of their amazing colours. Purple, white and orange! I decided to channel my inner love for using pinstripes on the home shirt. I also tried to put more orange on the kit but ultimately relented after I tested the white. I nearly considered going with purple and white stripes like they did a few years ago. The away is inspired by them being the first Western Australian club in the competition.

Perth Glory.png

Last edited:
Melbourne Victory
I'm inconsistent on here, but oh well, I'm back. I've got a lot of spare time and here comes my next design the Melbourne Victory. I hate the Victory being a City fan, but I do really like their shirts, especially their ones from a few years ago with the white side panels. That's the inspiration behind these designs.

Melbourne Victory.png

Last edited:
I'm inconsistent on here, but oh well, I'm back. I've got a lot of spare time and here comes my next design the Melbourne Victory. I hate the Victory being a City fan, but I do really like their shirts, especially their ones from a few years ago with the white side panels. That's the inspiration behind these designs.
View attachment 795126
Nice job but I have to hate the white shorts on the home. Reminds me of our Harry Kewell days!

Brisbane Roar
As I sort of revived my Heritage Round portfolio, I hope to do the same here. The next team is Brisbane. These kits were inspired heavily by my favorite ones they had, I believe around 2011/12, but I'm not too sure. It also inspired me of Middlesbrough's home jersey in 2016/17. Anyway here's the Roar.

Brisbane Roar.png

Last edited:
Newcastle Jets
Having lived in Newcastle for a year, the Jets are close to my heart. I in fact supported them until Melbourne Heart joined the competition. Their kits are something I love and stripes are a design that shouldn't be changed. Going back to their earlier A-League days, the Gold jersey is something of beauty in my eyes and it returns as the away jersey.

Newcastle Jets.png

Last edited:
Western United
The newest team in Melbourne, no Victoria in 2019/20 A-League season, Western United for me, has annoyed me but also made me happy at times. When they were announced as the next A-League team in Victoria I was livid. I was really desperate to see South Melbourne in the league. But since their announcement and when they beat the Victory at Docklands earlier in the year, I've somewhat accepted them. My only problem is that they think there's a Derby between them and the Victory and City, truth is, there isn't. Melbourne Derby is City V Victory. Anyway, here's Western United.

Western United.png

Last edited:
Canberra, maybe a couple of hypothetical Nsl teams and if i were to expand i would look at a second qld side and maybe Adelaide

Sent from my iPad using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Macarthur FC
The newest kids on the block, who are amazingly undefeated in 2019/20 A-League season. In 2020/21 we'll see them play their first game. For designing their kits, heavy inspiration was taken from Fulham. I also took some inspiration from fancyscum and his take on the A-League with a Sutherland based team. I was always a fan of a mostly white kit. With the promise of passionate fans ringing cowbells and a youthful squad with experience alongside it, the Bulls are looking to gain their place within the Football culture of Sydney and eventually Australia.

Macarthur FC.png

Last edited:
Canberra United (Expansion)
As the FFA continued to expand into New South Wales, there was a large gaping hole within the state, a hole that had been there since 1913. Now was the time for the capital. The first expansion team is Canberra United. Already having a W-League and Y-League team, Canberra was a certainty to become the A-League's thirteenth team. The home jersey features a silhouette of the flag flying at Parliament house, and the away jersey is coloured in the ACT's state colours. Maybe, just maybe, an A-League trophy could come to the Capital!

Canberra United.png

Last edited:
Sydney FC
With the emergence of another Sydney based club, the Sky Blues send out a bold message, restating their belief they're the team for all of Sydney, and that they were here first. Following that comes a kit, with heavy influence of New South Wales. Their Sky Blue colours unrivaled and influencing others around them. Sydney FC is still the 'biggest' club in New South Wales. In my opinion, it's very hard to stuff up a Sydney FC jersey.

Sydney FC.png

Last edited:
Wellington Phoenix
Wellington has gone back to their old logo, and in doing so, their old type of kits follow suit. Wellington is an interesting club that has been through many ups and downs. However, their fans have always been passionate, and always standing by them, unlike a former manager and some former players. The Nix eventually moves to just the Huawei wordmark, finally being able to don classic away shirts many A-League fans remember! Could the A-League trophy move across the ditch for the first time ever? If it did, it would be a 'slice of heaven' for many!

Wellington Phoenix.png

Last edited:
Wellington Phoenix
Wellington has gone back to their old logo, and in doing so, their old type of kits follow suit. Wellington is an interesting club that has been through many ups and downs. However, their fans have always been passionate, and always standing by them, unlike a former manager and some former players. The Nix eventually moves to just the Huawei wordmark, finally being able to don classic away shirts many A-League fans remember! Could the A-League trophy move across the ditch for the first time ever? If it did, it would be a 'slice of heaven' for many!
View attachment 813647
Would buy the absolute shit out of that away shirt.
Home shirt I think can only be yellow with black stripes/trim, but I don't mind this either.

Bit stuck with expansion. Please feel free to supply me with what teams you want where and how many for some inspiration.

The defunct Singapore Lions & Brunei Wasps from the old Malaysian League.

The defunct IFC Perth Kangaroos and the Darwin Cubs from the old Singapore League.

Or how about on a tangent, do up the State teams? ;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Portfolio Hyundai A-League - A Zooper Dooper Portfolio

Remove this Banner Ad

Back