Toast I wish we had more players with the attitude of Ivan Maric

Remove this Banner Ad

This guy has been a blessing for our footy club.

Not only is his on-field leadership at an extremely high level whether it be game day or at training, but even the way he speaks to the media is incredibly impressive.

For those of you who haven't seen his press conference that was uploaded to the Richmond website, the link is below. This man is sending out all the right messages, and isn't giving too much away, but still giving a valuable insight.

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/video/2015-05-05/maric-press-conference-may-5

I love Cotchin as captain, but maybe he can take back the reigns when Ivan retires...

Tyrone needs to pull the finger out and do something. I would like to see him be competitive in the ruck with stints forward. We are going to be screaming for another Maric

Yep he's honest and open but gee I liked the way he said toward the end of the interview, that's all I can say, family business in response to a question...

In response to him being Captain, I"d love it !! You don't have to be the best player as Capt but you do have to have respect & determination & he has that in spades. IMHO probably should have happened before Cotch got it though. Unless Cotch steps down of his own accord, can't see it happening...Still very happy with Ivvy in the leadership group !!

Media flog: whats your thoughts on the comments that Richmond play their best when the pressure is off

Ivan: who said that

Media flog: garry lyon

Ivan: (thinking it not saying it) that ******* idiot, who cares what he ******* says

You know I wouldn't mind betting your not far off the Mark there, given Ivvy's expression...o_O

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remember when he demanded to lift training standards and not the coach.

Love Ivy. Gun bloke and leader.

Maybe reinforcing the coaches message ??? On the track.....

I think a lot may have the right attitude, they just get intimidated by numerous factors:

Opposition
Expectation
Fear of failure
Supporters

Great players dont get intimidated by any of that

I think a lot may have the right attitude, they just get intimidated by numerous factors:

Opposition
Expectation
Fear of failure
Supporters

Great players dont get intimidated by any of that

Interestingly I wonder if the club does any work with the players in relation to embracing these expectations ??(Turning them into a positive)....

Yes, but unfortunately he can't take a mark. How did JR once describe his marking technique? "like putting two cricket bats up in the air" I think they 'll have to use TV more.
Either does Maric much these days. He is slowing up quickly imo. We know that Hampson isn't much around the ground but either is Maric these days. However Maric isn't as good at ruck contests as Hampson.

Either does Maric much these days. He is slowing up quickly imo. We know that Hampson isn't much around the ground but either is Maric these days. However Maric isn't as good at ruck contests as Hampson.

Big call Flea, sure to draw some fire. But I'm sure you have your reasons for saying it. Is it a stats thing or you've been watching the big guy ? I'd agree certainly not playing at his usual level, Injuries ? Or has he just been flogged too much ?

LeTic....what about dedicated full forward? He has good hands but also strong body...either a mark or 50/50. There is out get out of jail long bomb, let's Jack and Griff be mobile...he can spell TV (Hammer...shudder) in the ruck...thoughts?

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast I wish we had more players with the attitude of Ivan Maric

Remove this Banner Ad

Back