Idiot Journos who think they’re medically trained

Remove this Banner Ad

SuperMal

Standing on the shoulders of Giants….
Jul 28, 2021
Last night our mate Ralph the Mouth added to the increasing list of media jerk-offs who profess to have some understanding of bio-mechanics.

Reporting on the Naughton injury, he proclaimed it was almost certainly an ACL injury created by “the wrenching twisting motion of Naughton’s knee.”

Well Dopey - as a victim of THREE ACL recos, I’m here to tell you that’s complete BS.

Why these pelicans who can barely spell, suddenly think they’re experts on the knee capsule is beyond understanding!

Just so we can all have a good laugh next time one of them goes down this path - here’s a few facts:

The most likely injury arising from a twisted knee is a Meniscal tear and a probable Medial ligament tear.

The Medial ligament is the one that runs down the inside of the knee, and stops the lower leg turning at 90deg to the upper leg.

There are two Menisci in the knee, the Medial (inside) and Anterior (outside) - they are flat pieces of cartilage that prevent the Tib/Fib and Femur from rubbing ends (Bone on bone)

More importantly -

ACL ligaments RARELY tear thru twisting alone - They are a hyper-extensive injury most commonly - where the leg impacts the ground and is straight or semi straight at the time - the tib/fib moves fwd in relation to the Femur - this is called ‘positive shift’ or more commonly, the ‘oh shit’ feeling.

This is why it occurs to players landing on one leg, stopping quickly or even just changing direction.

These w***er journos like the Mouth need to talk to an Ortho before proclaiming the likely medical outcomes of things they simply have ZERO clue about.

Be wary of these Peanuts when they talk about anything outside of footy boots and Pies with sauce.

PS - I’m not saying Naughton hasn’t torn an ACL - but associating that injury most commonly with Twisting/Wrenching is just plain wrong.

Last edited:
We now know Ralph was wrong and not for the first time, but he works for an organisation where facts are irrelevant, where misinformation is king and where their brothers and sisters in the UK once hacked a dead girl's phone.

So I don't Ralph and his colleagues would be able to say the word ethics let alone practice it.

To them it's all about getting it first even if it's complete bulltish.

Can I also add commentators to the mix?

Brian Taylor the main culprit. More hysterical about injuries than your average boundary line footy mum.

We now know Ralph was wrong and not for the first time, but he works for an organisation where facts are irrelevant, where misinformation is king and where their brothers and sisters in the UK once hacked a dead girl's phone.

So I don't Ralph and his colleagues would be able to say the word ethics let alone practice it.

To them it's all about getting it first even if it's complete bulltish.

Can I also add commentators to the mix?

Brian Taylor the main culprit. More hysterical about injuries than your average boundary line footy mum.
Yes, with Taylor the panty-wetting runs deep.

The only thing missing from Ralph's (aka The Truck, aka Wrong Again) repertoire is the beeping sound as he backs up over everything he says. Clown masquerading as a journalist.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back