If You Could Change 1 Grand Final Result - For Your Team or Other - Which Would It Be???

Remove this Banner Ad

Involving Richmond - probably 72 to give us a three-peat (72,73,74).

Not Richmond - 1990 is tempting to have given Collingwood a 52 year drought. But then that would give Essendon 17 flags. So maybe not. So 2010, Pies would be on a 33 year drought, St Kilda would have a second flag and Carlton would have the longest drought of the VFL sides.

Actually that would give Collingwood the longest drought but I like your thinking.

This is just the GF.

There frees for vs frees against across the whole finals series were > 3 standard deviations off. Consistently. AFL we’re shameless in that finals series.

Of course, because it had nothing to do with a game plan centred around manic pressure and elite inside mids cracking in harder than their opposition in every final...

Has to be the conspiracy from the AFL to ensure a historically battlling, suburban Melbourne minnow club won a premiership over BOTH Sydney teams, where the AFL is trying its hardest to grow the game. Seems plausible.

I've seen so much crap about it being 'rigged' and yet nobody making the claim has ever bothered to ask about the motive.

Not a GF but I'd love to change the 2018 PF result. We were the best team beaten by an American having the game of his life
I feel Greenwood was the biggest factor in that win, alongside De Goey. Greenwood was the only person who beat Dusty in any finals games during that period. Every other game he played he dominated. Cox was big but without the midfield dominance, he doesn’t take a lot of those marks.

2002 - what a premiership that would’ve been by that side/list against one of the greatest ever.

9 point margin despite Tarrant not being paid a blatant free against Michael infront of goal in the last before the ball going down the other end and Lynch getting an absolute softie against Wakelin then goalling to put Brisbane infront. Anthony Rocca also had a goal called a behind which would’ve also put Collingwood infront early in the last.

It has been 20+ years so wouldn’t warrant a thought from any neutrals or Lions supporters but hurts more than 2018 for mine because Pies would’ve been worthy premiers that day.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Richmond - 72 or 82? Probably 72 - Carlton threw a whole lot of sh!t at the wall, hoping something stuck (and it did), they kicked stupidly straight (18.6 at half time - 28.9 at the end). They ambushed us, and got away with it,
In 82 Carlton were better than us (despite us winning the 2nd SF). I can live with us losing to a better team (through gritted teeth).

My team - 2021. Would have been nice to see Bont as a Norm Smith premiership captain, was BOG before the Deemolition. 2 flags in 6 years after only 1 in our history would have been something truly special.

Other team - Fremantle 2013. If only they had kicked straight early.
2021 was justice for theft in 2016

For me 2008 is the one that will forever be the "öne that got away" Just wish i could go to the quarter time huddle and speak to the Geelong players and say 3 things

1. Get on Luke Hodge
2. Your going to get 10 scoring shot this quarter make them count
Chappy, Moons and Otto your going to each have shots in time on dont panic

3 After Half time someone needs to take care of Stewart Bloody Dew
This post gave me chub.. thank you

Remove this Banner Ad

If You Could Change 1 Grand Final Result - For Your Team or Other - Which Would It Be???

Remove this Banner Ad

Back