I'm here (in the UK), willing and able - how can I help?

Remove this Banner Ad

jonty12

Club Legend
May 23, 2002
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Chelsea FC
Folks - I'm a bit out of the loop here but I'm hoping I can help with anything from London-town.

I've got my sleeves rolled up and ready to go!

I'm in Scotland but want to know if us UK based Shinboners can get together, or try and do something.

Neither of you two are mega rich City traders by any chance?

Sorry mate - architect here not rich. But I think we should definitely try and do something from here. I've been hitting mates back home and hitting SEN radio in melbourne.

Basically anything to keep the work spreading

I was thinking of things like a postcard campaign with a pointed message to AFL house from UK and Europe (I'm sure it wouldn't be too difficult to arrange a bombing of AFL house with several thousand postcards from all over Europe telling him where to go), or photos of a WE ARE NORTH MELBOURNE banner in front of various places on interest in the UK and Europe, but not sure whether that would actually achieve anything.

And sadly, they don't have mega rich City traders in Manchester.

Folks - I'm a bit out of the loop here but I'm hoping I can help with anything from London-town.

I've got my sleeves rolled up and ready to go!

If you could pop down to Sainsburys and get me a few packets of their Honey Roasted Cashews and post them to me, that would be a great help.

God I miss them.

Then if you could pop down to the Taj Indian Restaurant on the Chiswick High Road (just take the green District line to Turnham Green Station) and get them to cook up 2 kilos of their Chicken Malaya Curry (extra hot with extra pineapple) and freeze it for shipping to Australia. Since you are sending me a frozen package, can you nip back to Sainsburys and get me a few containers of Ben & Jerry's Ice Cream.

Then you can pop across the other side of Chiswick High Road to Burlingtons Real Estate and tell those Polish bastards to rot in hell for screwing me over with my bond payment and leaving me to freeze without a boiler over the 2005-2006 New Year's period.

If you do all that, I'll buy two adult Kangaroos memberships myself.

:thumbsu:

Seriously though, your best plan would be to use your fat British Pounds to buy as many memberships as you can.

You could also take a collection tin around to one of the Walkabout Pubs on a weekend and collect money for the club. You'd be amazed how many drunk homesick Aussies would go for that. Anything to feel connected to things back home. Fleece the Kiwis as well by telling them you are raising money for some Rugby club in Wellington or something.

That's actually a really bloody good idea.

Could maximise profits by doing each Walkabout over different nights, Islington, Shephards Bush, Temple, Covent Garden, Wimbledon etc...

Will be extra effective during the Christmas and Australia Day festivities when everyone is feeling extra homesick and patriotic.

Could even advertise on the www.thegumtree.com for other North supporters to come along in their North jumpers for moral support and to present a unified front. (Everyone takes their footy jumper to London with them).

Make sure the membership's you purchase are memberships with game day access. ( I know not helpfull to you guys over there ) but its those memberships which add to our tally. So the key is to get that tally as high as possible as soon as possible.

Good Stuff, and appreciated. :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What can you do to help:

- Buy memberships
- Email every journalist you can think of, to either thank them for their pro-North pieces (Connolly, Barrett) or ask them to stop regurgitating the AFL line and do some real investigating (guess who?). We should be filling their in-boxes.
- Email the club, tell them what you think about relocation, and explicitly ask that your email is copied to every board member
- Email radio talkback. SEN would be dead impressed with the prospect that anyone is listening from the UK
- Buy another membership

Reg is a Fitzroy Football Club Board Member he has stated the following at 3am this morning. They Have Offered There Membership Data Base And Members List For The Past 20 Years. They Also Have A Letter To Send To All Of These Memebrs Asking Them To Join North Melbourne. Can Someone Tell Our Board And Club To Accept This. They Have Offered This Asking Foir Nothing.

We Must Accept This - Can Wanm Accept This Offer On Behalf Of Us The Members Of Our Club!

Reg is a Fitzroy Football Club Board Member he has stated the following at 3am this morning. They Have Offered There Membership Data Base And Members List For The Past 20 Years. They Also Have A Letter To Send To All Of These Memebrs Asking Them To Join North Melbourne. Can Someone Tell Our Board And Club To Accept This. They Have Offered This Asking Foir Nothing.

We Must Accept This - Can Wanm Accept This Offer On Behalf Of Us The Members Of Our Club!

Yep, absolutely. In fact one of guys, probably knows all about it.

Just in case - can you PM me details?

it would of been good 2 promote the kangaroo brand across the UK. With alot of british people coming to australia, the british tend to want to watch some of our indigenous game so get them to be north fans.

It would be great to have a british supporters group watching games in pubs across the UK reflecting on home.

I know from my experiences of watching the EPL with the spurs supporter group with a mixture of aussies and poms really does generate an atmosphere.

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm here (in the UK), willing and able - how can I help?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back