Aboriginal & TSI Indigenous All-Stars named for Crows clash

Remove this Banner Ad

What are North Melbourne players doing in this rubbish match?

Trying to make sure this team doesn't lose by 10 goals :thumbsu:
Surprised that Wellsy hasn't been picked though, probably just the club looking after him til the real stuff starts

Goodes, Franklin, O'Loughlin, Mark Williams, Hayden, Michael Johnson, Grover, Xavier Clarke, Betts, Peter Burgoyne, Alwyn Davey and Wonnaemirri are the players off the top of my head that would probably be in the best team. Fair bit of quality there which has been replaced with guys like Garlett, Cockie and Stack.

Some of them might be injured but I'm pretty sure most of them would play tomorrow if it was a H&A match.

Goodes, Franklin, O'Loughlin, Mark Williams, Hayden, Michael Johnson, Grover, Xavier Clarke, Betts, Peter Burgoyne, Alwyn Davey and Wonnaemirri are the players off the top of my head that would probably be in the best team. Fair bit of quality there which has been replaced with guys like Garlett, Cockie and Stack.

Some of them might be injured but I'm pretty sure most of them would play tomorrow if it was a H&A match.

You also forgot Bateman, looks like Hawthorn are protecting all of their seniors.

I believe anyone from Fremantle and Richmond has been ruled out because of their game soon after. Goodes, P Burgoyne, Alwyn Davey and X Clarke are all injured, or recovering from long term injuries and surgery.

You also forgot Bateman, looks like Hawthorn are protecting all of their seniors.

I believe anyone from Fremantle and Richmond has been ruled out because of their game soon after. Goodes, P Burgoyne, Alwyn Davey and X Clarke are all injured, or recovering from long term injuries and surgery.

Don't think so somehow:

13/02 Bulldogs v Essendon
14/02 Brisbane v St Kilda
15/02 Freo v Richmond

Does anyone else think that the fact that Yarren's 1st "AFL" grade much may be in the "ALL STARS" team laughable ??? I think the kid will be great, but it has to take away from any sense of this game being anything more than a practice run for the Crows .....

P.S how pissed would Carlton be if he gets a serious injury during the game BEFORE he has even pulled on a navy blue jumper ??? Hope he gets cut from the 30 man squad !!!!!!!!!

Interesting side, pretty supriced Betts wasnt named.

Petrenko and Jacky :thumbsu:
2 extras to put in the Crows team now.

Cant wait to say Adam Cockie play. Interesting that he was chosen infront of others.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wells is another one. Probably stood down to let Garlett have a go.

You forgot Paddy Ryder ;)

I dont have anything with the policy, It's not a competitive match, and blokes who wouldnt really get a chance to represent their race and i think it's an excellent oppotunity for some young players to show maybe senior coaches what they are capable, like Yarran, Gartlett, Stack, Cockie(no idea he was of aborigional heritige eitheR), Jurrah ect.

Williams wont compete, since of his knee hawthorn have a very strict pre-season with him to make sure we dont over-work it

Blokes like Franklin only just resumed contact training since september last year

Im happy to see a few young aborigional young guns have the chance over some more senior and established blokes

This is a squad that I would pay good money to go and see play:

FB: Matthew WHELAN, Patrick RYDER, David WIRRPANDA,
HB; Andrew McLEOD, Michael JOHNSON, Peter BURGOYNE ,
C: Andrew LOVETT, Shaun BURGOYNE, Daniel WELLS,
HF: Andrew WALKER, Lance FRANKLIN, Leon DAVIS,
FF: Aaron DAVEY, Michael O'LOUGHLIN, Daniel MOTLOP,
FOLL: Jonathon GRIFFIN, Adam GOODES, Chance BATEMAN,

INTER: Alwyn DAVEY, Graham JOHNCOCK, Cyril RIOLI, Roger HAYDEN.

EMG: Mark WILLIAMS, Eddie BETTS, Jason ROE, Mathew Stokes, Des HEADLAND.

If all fit and playing this team would be very hard to beat.

[/LEFT]

This is a squad that I would pay good money to go and see play:

Matthew WHELAN, Patrick RYDER, David WIRRPANDA, Andrew McLEOD, Michael JOHNSON, Peter BURGOYNE , Andrew LOVETT, Shaun BURGOYNE, Daniel WELLS, Andrew WALKER, Lance FRANKLIN, Leon DAVIS, Aaron DAVEY, Michael O'LOUGHLIN, Daniel MOTLOP, Jonathon GRIFFIN, Adam GOODES, Chance BATEMAN, Alwyn DAVEY, Des HEADLAND, Graham JOHNCOCK, Cyril RIOLI,Roger HAYDEN, Mark WILLIAMS, Eddie BETTS, Jason ROE, Mathew Stokes.

If all fit and playing this team would be very hard to beat.

morgs1, this would be my best 22 (from the backline):

Roger Hayden -- Antoni Grover -- Graham Johncock
Chance Bateman -- Patrick Ryder -- Matthew Whelan
Leroy Jetta -- Andrew McLeod -- Cyril Rioli jnr
Aaron Davey -- Adam Goodes -- Alwyn Davey
Eddie Betts -- Lance Franklin -- Mark Williams

Rucks:
Jonno Griffin (ruck), Leon Davis (rover), Andrew Walker (ruck rover)

Interchange:
Michael Johnson, David Wirrpanda, Andrew Lovett, Nathan Lovett-Murray​

Some unlucky exclusions, including Des Headland, Matt Campbell, Lindsay Thomas, Ash McGrath, Shaun Burgoyne ... but just picture the Davey boys creating absolute mayhem, confusion and panic for the opposing forwards; McLeod delivering to Goodes and Franklin lace out!; the run and carry from the backline; the zip of the wingers; the strength of the spine (Grover changing with Johnson); and the hardness in the centre!

Now that would be an all stars team!

Eddie Betts, Leroy Jetta, Nathan Lovett-Murray and Alwyn in before Matty Campbell and Shaun P? Hahahaha :thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:

I sat down on the Adelaide forums and worked out the average hights and games played for both the IAS squad and my expected Crows side.

The number of games are very equal - an average of 51.75 games in the IAS squad (the average will likely go up when the squad is trimmed to 30), with 8 zero-gamers and a further 5 players having played less than 10 games.

For the Crows, they average 54.03 games, with 8 zero-gamers and a further 4 players having played less than 10 games. Very close all round.

In terms of height, there's a huge discrepency. The average height in the IAS squad is 180.91cm, with the following top five:

Jonathon Griffin - 202cm, 28 games
Liam Jurrah - 193cm, 0 games
Nathan Lovett-Murray - 190cm, 85 games
Raphael Clarke - 189cm, 41 games
Joshua Hill - 186cm, 19 games

Tellingly, the only person besides Griff even near to ruckman height is Jurrah, a zero-gamer recruited in the PSD as a forward. Griffin is a fine ruck but I have trouble imagining him being able to ruck in Darwin for the full 80 minutes.

For the Crows squad, the average height is 187.63cm, with the following top five:

Kurt Tippett - 201cm, 19 games
Brad Moran - 199cm, 10 games
Ivan Maric - 198cm, 30 games
James Sellar - 196cm, 1 games
Shaun McKernan - 196cm, 0 games

Only five players in the Crows squad are shorter than the average height for the IAS squad - two of which are Jacky and Petrenko (who I included assuming they would be cut from the IAS squad). The Crows have 23 players over 6' tall, whereas the IAS have 9.

morgs1, this would be my best 22 (from the backline):

Roger Hayden -- Antoni Grover -- Graham Johncock
Chance Bateman -- Patrick Ryder -- Matthew Whelan
Leroy Jetta -- Andrew McLeod -- Cyril Rioli jnr
Aaron Davey -- Adam Goodes -- Alwyn Davey
Eddie Betts -- Lance Franklin -- Mark Williams​

Rucks:
Jonno Griffin (ruck), Leon Davis (rover), Andrew Walker (ruck rover)​

Interchange:
Michael Johnson, David Wirrpanda, Andrew Lovett, Nathan Lovett-Murray​

Some unlucky exclusions, including Des Headland, Matt Campbell, Lindsay Thomas, Ash McGrath, Shaun Burgoyne ... but just picture the Davey boys creating absolute mayhem, confusion and panic for the opposing forwards; McLeod delivering to Goodes and Franklin lace out!; the run and carry from the backline; the zip of the wingers; the strength of the spine (Grover changing with Johnson); and the hardness in the centre!

Now that would be an all stars team!

Matt Campbell and Lindsay Thomas are both better than the players bolded.

Remove this Banner Ad

Aboriginal & TSI Indigenous All-Stars named for Crows clash

Remove this Banner Ad

Back