Injuries & Suspensions - Reports & Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I seriously hope that Ablett, Fisher, Montagna, Fyfe, Goldstein, McEvoy, Goodes, Marc Murphy, Selwood and Griffen all get rubbed out for 8 weeks for placing bets on games they were involved in. SC miracle of miracles, and I wouldn't even have to wish injury upon anyone!

I have 5 of those 8 players you listed...

Cyril back this week :thumbsu:
Hawthorn will be further strengthened by the return of Cyril Rioli (hamstring) and Brad Sewell (knee) after the pair missed the past two games.

Evans said the bye was ideal to rest the main group and put more work into key players like Lewis, Rioli and Sewell to be ready for the Demons.

“It was handy to have the bye and just play catch-up on some of those guys. Both Brad and Cyril were training strongly before the bye and we were using that time to our advantage with both those players,” he said

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...s/story-e6frf9jf-1226098413915?from=public_js

Is Boak injured?

Or is he just shit?

He plays for Port Lololaide, and teams are realising that Boak is pretty good and Pearce is actually shit and doesn't need very close attention.

So yeah, plays for Port so is shit almost by definition.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Any word on how serious/how many weeks the rob murphy injury will be?
was an abductor muscle i think - normally 2+ weeks for a proper strain but with clubs and injuries who bloody knows

It's going to hurt if he's out for two weeks, that'd be three straight given the bye and almost half the remainder of the season. That's a trade out offence. But since he didn't make the injury list with an estimate, I'll sit in limbo instead. :(

There goes my plan to trade Rawlings. Seems too risky to do it now with 5 trades left and murphy out.

Can you trade talia into the forward line - he has def/fwd mpp and you could use that to hide murphy for a couple of weeks, cash up as the last playing/paying rookie for the year plays (talia). Might give you options going forward

Can you trade talia into the forward line - he has def/fwd mpp and you could use that to hide murphy for a couple of weeks, cash up as the last playing/paying rookie for the year plays (talia). Might give you options going forward

I'm thinking I'll still trade l.thompson to Talia, I still have McKernan in the forward line so I can swap them if I need to. The cash will come in handy.

Roo out suspended for a week.

ST KILDA captain Nick Riewoldt looks set to miss the Saints' clash with Gold Coast at Metricon Stadium on Saturday night after being offered a one-match suspension by the match review panel for a high bump on Adelaide's Brad Symes.

The contact, which was deemed to be negligent and of high impact, initially attracted a three-game suspension.

However, Riewoldt's clean record - he has never previously been reported in his 213-game career - means he can have the ban reduced to one match if he pleads guilty.

Riewoldt collected Symes with his shoulder during the first quarter of the Saints' big win at Etihad Stadium on Friday night, and the Crows onballer subsequently left the field holding his jaw.

Symes later returned to the field for a short time before he was subbed out of the game.
http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/119397/default.aspx

Could be a tough week for those with Goodes, ROK and Roo forward and maybe a Callinan, ISmith bench situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back