Inspirational Movie quotes for this weeks game...

Remove this Banner Ad

Oct 14, 2006
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I'll start with one from Conan ...

Crom, I have never prayed to you before. I have no tongue for it. No one, not even you, will remember if we were good men or bad. Why we fought, and why we died. All that matters is that today, two stood against many. Valor pleases you, so grant me this one request. Grant me revenge! And if you do not listen, the HELL with you!

Do or do not, there is no try. ;)

yoda_biography_3.jpg

"Strength is irrelevant, resistance is futile. We wish to improve ourselves. We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own. Your culture will adapt to service ours." -The Borg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Very disappointed Football is a game of inches isn't in this thread. Because I like you guys here you go, just no showing your players!:

[YOUTUBE]9rFx6OFooCs[/YOUTUBE]

Obstacles are those frightful things you see when you take your eyes off the goal.

Good quotes from Fight Club. My favorite: "I ran. I ran until my muscles burned and my veins pumped battery acid. Then I ran some more."

It smells like..... victory.

On my signal, unleash Hell! - Maximus

You got anger, thats good, you're gonna need it son. You got aggression, thats even better, you're gonna need that too. But any little 2 year old child can throw a fit. Football is about controlling that anger, harnessing that aggression into a team effort to achieve perfection. Remember the Titans!

Clarkson: I don't wanna hear about no mother***in' ifs. All I wanna hear from your ass is, You ain't got no problem, Clarko. I'm on the mother***er. Go back in there, chill them 'gers out and wait for the calvary which should be coming directly.
Hodgey & Vanders: You ain't got no problem, Clarko. I'm on the mother***ker. Go back in there, chill them 'gers out and wait for Buddy Franklin, who should be coming directly.

Pulpfiction (a little artistic license used)

"a man's gots to know his limitations" John Wayne. Perhaps should be applied to anyone ambitiously taking on tackles from people twice their size - Josh Thurgood springs to mind.

"in the words of my (our) generation - up yours!" Russell Casse in Independence day.

"King Kong aint got shit on me" Alonso from Training Day

"Secret to punch, make power of whole body fit inside one inch, here." Mr Miyagi, Karate Kid. Little hint for Grant Birchall's next hit.

"Use the force, Luke" - Obvious one for Hodgey.

"Little beat big when little smart. First with the head, then with the heart. You can remember that?" - Geel Peat from The Power of One.

That's all I can think of for now.

Remove this Banner Ad

Inspirational Movie quotes for this weeks game...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back