Inter Dominion Pacing Championship

Remove this Banner Ad

littlejack

Debutant
Sep 19, 2007
Out the back
Heats start Saturday night in Geelong, post your thoughts on who you think might win each of the heats?

Mine:
Heat 1 -Hardest heat of the lot, think Dontfencemein can upset these.
Heat 2 - Reba Rajah to lead and get a soft lead time to be able to outsprint BGJ.
Heat 3 - Darryl Douglas will be right from the pole with Seqiouiahs Spirit, to upset Penny in the weakest of the 4 heats.
Heat 4 - Divisive, will certainly be short but i dont see any danger in the field.

Good luck.

great to have it back in victoria, i'd much rather back to the all at moonee valley gig though...

I like smooth crusa in heat one...

ill go with the best kiwi driver in the 2nd, on spirit of shark

a fave of mine, Jadah Rose in the 3rd

and divisive seems to be a stand out in the last heat.

the metropolatin 3yo is a good race too, lots of good form in it, there's rebels, bad cats and sledgers.. :D

Some good races on the card...These are my thoughts on the four heats

Heat 1- Very open affair...Im thinkin the pace is goin to be on early with the likes of conte de cristo, dontfencemein, and report for duty all wanting to lead...That makes me want one of the swoopers from the back, either Smooth Crusa or Good Lookin Girl will make a midrace move which will result in one of those two winning...I'll go Smooth Crusa if it can get off the pegs otherwise Good Lookin Girl

Heat 2- Be Good Johnny a class and a half above most of these and should win easily (although they wont want to knock him around to much)...I will be lookin for Reba Rajah to run a big race...Was on it for Hunter Cup and had no luck (didnt help itself either) but wont be jumpin off it now, especially because it has drawn the poll...He's my roughie to knock off BGJ...Chuck Bold Cruiser into multi's

Heat 3- Sequoiahs Spirit should lead and win...I dont think Penny Veejay will be strong enough to sit in the death and win (or alternatively lead and win with SS on its back), and i dont think Jadah Rose will get a good enough run to challenge

Heat 4- Not a big Divisive fan (big call i no, when talking about a horse that has won more than its lost) but it should beat this lot...I will be interested in the price Cincinatti Kid is, cos I think its the only one who could beat Divisive so will have a few dollars each way...

Good Luck on the punt!

Fixed odds betting is up for TAB punters...

Heat 1
Sportsbet No.RunnerWinPlace38508SMOOTH CRUSA 3.100.0038509GOOD LOOKIN GIRL 3.300.0038505REPORT FOR DUTY 5.000.0038501CONTE DE CRISTO 5.500.0038504ROAD TO RAINBOW 14.000.0038507FLAMING ROADSTAR 18.000.0038502DEE DEES DREAM 21.000.0038503DONTFENCEMEIN 21.000.00

Heat 2-
Sportsbet No.RunnerWinPlace38569BE GOOD JOHNNY 1.650.0038561REBA RAJAH 4.200.0038562DECORATED JASPER 7.000.0038568SPIRIT OF A SHARK 11.000.0038564FLAMIN TACT 16.000.0038566MONARCO MAN 26.000.0038565BOLD CRUISER 26.000.00

Heat 3-
Sportsbet No.RunnerWinPlace38583PENNY VEEJAY 2.600.0038589JADAH ROSE 5.000.0038581SEQUOIAHS SPIRIT 5.000.0038585ATOMIC ARK 8.000.0038582JAGGED KNIGHT 8.500.0038584BALTIC ICE 11.000.00

Heat 4-
Sportsbet No.RunnerWinPlace38610DIVISIVE 2.000.0038601CINCINNATI KID 5.000.0038608KARLSRUHE 6.000.0038609LARADO 9.000.0038606DIAMONDS N FURS 12.000.0038607ANTIGUA BAY 15.000.00

Gotta be worried about this format when Conte De Cristo is $5.5 in an Inter heat.
G Webster is a gun but if it wins a heat,ring the alarm bells

seth

Good Lookin Girl @ $3 for me looks a good bet.
Reba Rajah @ $4.20 looks good to me as well as does Bold Cruiser @ $26.
Sequious Spirit @ $5 also looks juicy.
Cincinatti Kid also looks good @ $5.

Also in the FFA the odds are quite humorous and in the Trotters race
i think whatsundermykilt @ $4.40 is good, as is Jauriol @ $31.

Preface this by saying that as a punting medium,Im concerned about taking short odds for horses who only have to finish top 4 to get to the Semis.

Heat 1
I dont think theres many winning hopes,for mine its GL Girl or R F Duty.
At the odds its gotta be the Kiwi,the Butts produce one every year that wins heats...Foreal,Tribute so at the $5 he'll do me.
Does anyone know his gate speed? He came out ok at Ballarat but that was from 1 & I could hold leaders back there.
Not sure what to do with S Crusa from 8,even if the 1 holds the lead I doubt he'll keep it & SC is no sit sprinter.
If GL Girl is over her H Cup run she's the clear danger IMO.

Heat 2
Honestly,Be Good Johnny should lap them.Soft draw gives D Jasper a good hope of qualifying......sad lack of depth here

Heat 3
He's not one of mine but if P Veejay is anywhere near them at the 400 he wins......he's the one genuine up & comer in the race.
Love J Rose but I thought she was just fair last start & I couldnt possibly be on S Spirit the way it went at Terang.
A Ark not hopeless,especially if she goes forward.

Heat 4
Series needs Divisive to win & he probably will,driven to swoop.
If they try & force it,C Kid can beat him.
If you believe what you saw,Karlsruhe should have nearly won the H Cup so you have to entertain him,especially if the 1 holds the lead.

seth

Does anyone know his gate speed? He came out ok at Ballarat but that was from 1 & I could hold leaders back there.
seth

Seth, he was off the second row at ballarat when he ran 4th in the cup, Blacks a Fake was 1 that night. In saying the RFD did hold the leaders back but was left flat footed when Safari and BAF sprinted up the back.

His last start at the valley which was the hunter cup he was 1 and did lead but handed up the lead early on in the race iirc to smoken up.

Hope that helps.

Cheers for that,H Cup was a stand so that doesnt really count.
Might have to go to nzharness & check some replays of his mobile starts.
Either way Ive taken the $5

seth

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Its amazing how normally capable drivers make ridiculous decisions.

BG Johnny is a sit sprinter,Im sure even his trainer knows it.
He rarely wins sitting parked & so he decides to sit parked with R Rajah in front who only knows how to stay & was always gunna make it a slog.
They run 27.8 down the back & stagger home in 29.7 allowing an MO into 3rd.

Divisive has as good a quarter in him as any horse in the series
So he goes forward,takes 700m to get the front,then sets up a track record for the runners on???
Did well to qualify IMO although Karlsruhe should have won easily...again
D & Furs was terrific too.

seth

Just on Blacks A Fake's race, I think it was Lance Justice on Smoken Up who spent the last 50m of the race with his head turned on its side, perhaps letting one of the other drivers know he wasnt too pleased with their drive.

If thats the case, it was Brian Gath who the frustration was directed at, then surely Gath is more than entitled to drive his horse the way he, the trainer and the owner choose which was obviously to hold the lead. It's not Gath's job to give another runner the lead easily and endeavour to stop the favourite from winning. Did Justice really expect Gath to hand up the lead to Smoken Up?

Either way, it didnt look good on the TV and would the stewards ask a few questions about that?

I was stunned he didnt hand up,he's barely a FFA'er..
It had a miracle place chance with the sprint lane....ran distressed as it was.

Smoken Up has been beaten a lip in the Vic & Hunter Cups,not a bad horse to be following.

seth

Couldnt believe he didnt hand up either. There was an incident after the Hunter Cup between Emma Stewart and Lance Justice and the Safari camp werent happy after the race (not sure what Lance did wrong), so maybe B Gath just wanted to stuff up Smoken Ups chances.

Just on Blacks A Fake's race, I think it was Lance Justice on Smoken Up who spent the last 50m of the race with his head turned on its side, perhaps letting one of the other drivers know he wasnt too pleased with their drive.

If thats the case, it was Brian Gath who the frustration was directed at, then surely Gath is more than entitled to drive his horse the way he, the trainer and the owner choose which was obviously to hold the lead. It's not Gath's job to give another runner the lead easily and endeavour to stop the favourite from winning. Did Justice really expect Gath to hand up the lead to Smoken Up?

Either way, it didnt look good on the TV and would the stewards ask a few questions about that?

B Gath has a lot to answer for afterthat drive. His horse is flat out winning a country race and he still tries to hold out one of the best horses in Aust. Surely he should have realised that to get the best result he could would have been by handing up the lead.
Shocking drive!!:thumbsdown:
Stewards report will be interesting.

I didn't see the race, but going on your comments here, perhaps B was on something else in the race. Holding out one of the main contenders and giving it a bit of a try might have suited something else in the race.

It happens oh so often.

BUT, as I said, i didn't see the race, but yeah. And it gets pretty hot out there, B and Lippy probably had words from two weeks ago and he probably thought, F YOU!! im on a no good'er, you're gonna work..

1.30 double Ron? lol, brilliant.

Good to see Reba Rajah win...Not just for the return but cos i keep talkin it up...Wont be winning again this series though, unless everything falls its way like last night...Also Cincinatti Kid beating Divisive was good...

Interestingly from last nights heats, the horses who drew the pole (all decent enough horses to figure in their repective races) and behind the pole ran in the first five of their race.
Conte Cristo n Smooth Crusa- 2nd and 3rd
Reba Rajah n Spirit of a Shark- 1st n 2nd
SS n Just Pretend- 2nd n 5th
Cincinatti Kid n Karlsruhe- 1st n 3rd
Just goes to show the importance of the draw in fields that were as even (rather than high class) as last nights...

Remove this Banner Ad

Inter Dominion Pacing Championship

Remove this Banner Ad

Back