Opinion International Geopolitics

Remove this Banner Ad

Trump voters be like: release the Epstein files!!

Turns out trumps name is all over them and he raped a 14 year old and they don't care. I think he could literally **** a pig on live tv, black mirror style, and they'd still vote for him.
The majority of voters who will vote for Trump don't like the bloke, they just hate him a lot less than the other side.

They aren't voting for Trump, they are voting to stop the other guys having power.

My Canadian mate who has lived in the USA nearly all this century, about a dozen years ago, after living in Dallas for a decade, explained it pretty clearly to me over a long conversation, how divided and philosophically driven people on either side of centre are driven by their hatred of the other side, in the USA.

I don't really understand how people can get to this type of thinking, but that's just the way the country is.

85% to 90% of the country is locked in strongly, to their political "team." In Oz its closer to 70% to 75%.

The majority of voters who will vote for Trump don't like the bloke, they just hate him a lot less than the other side.

They aren't voting for Trump, they are voting to stop the other guys having power.

My Canadian mate who has lived in the USA nearly all this century, about a dozen years ago, after living in Dallas for a decade, explained it pretty clearly to me over a long conversation, how divided and philosophically driven people on either side of centre are driven by their hatred of the other side, in the USA.

I don't really understand how people can get to this type of thinking, but that's just the way the country is.

85% to 90% of the country is locked in strongly, to their political "team." In Oz its closer to 70% to 75%.
Yep.

But again, with its voluntary voting and state control over voter franchise arrangements (registered voting places in some major southern cities with majority black or hispanic populations have been deliberately restricted for example) people who are most affected by the horrors of Trumpism are simply unlikely to go out and vote if the alternative candidate is uninspiring.

The size of the 'teams' doesn't matter. What matters is who feels compelled enough by what's on offer to take time of work or line up for hours to cast their vote.

Putting up sleepy Joe for a second term against a populist demagogue like Trump was always going to spell trouble - even before his debate fade out.

This whole Biden thing shows to me that people are so wrapped up in their own little media and social bubbles that they don't really know what is going on. That people were genuinely shocked at Bidens performance in the debate proves that they had not really been paying attention, or seen him outside of scripted situations promoted within their bubble. Trump supporters also never hear anything bad about him so they blindly believe everything they hear within that right-wing ecosphere. Had there been a competent opponent in the debate it would've been quite easy to rebut his egregious lying and boasting and there would have been some pushback coming to him, but there simply hasn't been any because Biden was so bad and he has taken all the commentary. Admittedly you would think there are way more diehard Trump supporters than Biden, but still, there is no way he should be leading the race if he was running against someone who can speak coherently.

Yep.

But again, with its voluntary voting and state control over voter franchise arrangements (registered voting places in some major southern cities with majority black or hispanic populations have been deliberately restricted for example) people who are most affected by the horrors of Trumpism are simply unlikely to go out and vote if the alternative candidate is uninspiring.

The size of the 'teams' doesn't matter. What matters is who feels compelled enough by what's on offer to take time of work or line up for hours to cast their vote.

Putting up sleepy Joe for a second term against a populist demagogue like Trump was always going to spell trouble - even before his debate fade out.
Yeah I should have said the 85% to 90% in USA who regularly go out and vote, which at the last presidential election was reasonably high at 67% of the Voting Eligible Population (239m), which is about 19 million less than the Voting Aged Population (258m)

No doubt compulsory voting is an important part why in Oz its only in that 70% ton 75% range that people are locked into their vote, more so left or right of centre than the major party left or right, given preferential voting in Oz.

Peter Zeihan is predicting an landslide win to Biden providing he doesn't croak before the election.

Several reasons.
  1. Trump has off sided most of the Reagan Republican vote, so he will lose those votes.
  2. Trump has off sided the independents, so he will lose those votes also.
  3. Trump will lose some of the bat sh!t crazy vote to Kennedy Jr.
There will be a likely poor turn out for voting as most Republicans will refuse to vote as they don't like Trump or MAGA. And they would never dare to swing their vote to the Democrats either.

Peter Zeihan is predicting an landslide win to Biden providing he doesn't croak before the election.

Several reasons.
  1. Trump has off sided most of the Reagan Republican vote, so he will lose those votes.
  2. Trump has off sided the independents, so he will lose those votes also.
  3. Trump will lose some of the bat sh!t crazy vote to Kennedy Jr.
There will be a likely poor turn out for voting as most Republicans will refuse to vote as they don't like Trump or MAGA. And they would never dare to swing their vote to the Democrats either.
Is that what he is hoping for? Haven't seen anything to prove that will happen in huge numbers.

Such a powerful set of short honest sentences that tear down everything Trump represents.

1720872847132.png

Surely the Democrats have a person who has the personality, the credibility and the integrity to deliver them as an alternative President who is not at high risk of being unable to see out a four year term as President?

Donald Trump has been rushed off stage after shots rang out at a campaign rally in Pennsylvania this morning Australian time.
Trump dived behind the lectern with Secret Service personnel diving on top of him as loud bangs could be heard in dramatic footage of the incident.

A bodyguard could be heard yelling, “get down, get down, get down” as Trump appeared to grab at his ear.

Donald Trump has been rushed off stage after shots rang out at a campaign rally in Pennsylvania this morning Australian time.
Trump dived behind the lectern with Secret Service personnel diving on top of him as loud bangs could be heard in dramatic footage of the incident.

A bodyguard could be heard yelling, “get down, get down, get down” as Trump appeared to grab at his ear.
Yikes. Clearly bleeding from the ear but very lucky.

The election is going to take a nasty turn. So weird how the crowd barely reacted to gunshots.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Despise Trump and everything he stands for, but this doesn’t help. It isn’t democracy. The election could get really ugly from here.

Let's not act like this guy didn't literally try to incite an insurrection, or that his death wouldn't be a net benefit for the entire world.

The danger of course is it radicalises the loons even worse, but how much worse can they be?

Let's not act like this guy didn't literally try to incite an insurrection, or that his death wouldn't be a net benefit for the entire world.

The danger of course is it radicalises the loons even worse, but how much worse can they be?
I know what he did, and democracy was worse for it. However, this sort of shit just gets all of the loons worked in to a frenzy, and it’s a race to the bottom from there.

I know what he did, and democracy was worse for it. However, this sort of shit just gets all of the loons worked in to a frenzy, and it’s a race to the bottom from there.

Implying they're not already in a frenzy, or that it hasn't been a race to the bottom since drumpf first got elected.

But yeah, this will absolutely fuel the superhero fantasies of the nutjobs who think he's jebus reincarnated. They were already gonna vote for him though.

It's staggering that it's taken this long to happen with these massive Hitler style open air rallies he likes to do though.

Implying they're not already in a frenzy, or that it hasn't been a race to the bottom since drumpf first got elected.

But yeah, this will absolutely fuel the superhero fantasies of the nutjobs who think he's jebus reincarnated. They were already gonna vote for him though.

It's staggering that it's taken this long to happen with these massive Hitler style open air rallies he likes to do though.
I didn’t imply that at all. It definitely has been a race to the bottom since he started campaigning before he first got elected.

However, shooting the guy at a rally only makes things worse.

Only if you miss 😆
And in that scenario, he isn’t replaced by a moderate conservative. He’s replaced by another far right lunatic, because that’s what the Republican supporters want these days. Even the moderate conservatives tolerate it, because they know it gets votes.

We'll be seeing this on all the front pages for months to come.

A perfectly framed photo of a bloodied Trump raising his fist in defiance with the US flag above him, breaking free of the coverage of his Secret Service agents, with the MAGA crowd (bizarrely given the circumstances) chanting 'USA, USA'

1720916247381.png

The perfect campaign photo that will kill off 'Sleepy Joe's' chances for good.

How good are those secret service agents btw. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
The gap is way too wide now between red and blue team.

They literally hate each other and I don't see any way back to close the gap. Interesting times ahead.

One thing i dont understand It doesn't matter if trump is there or not they have 3 more of him to replace him. Vivek is probably the next in line.

Opinion International Geopolitics

Remove this Banner Ad

Back