Well, is it?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

not too many people who arent fans of the bombers or the pies could give a crud about the anzac day fixture. its a regular game, played for four premiership points and nothing more, like the easter monday game, the queen's birthday match and any other game played on a 'normal' day.

Grand Final is the biggest and should be the most decorated by far if it wasn't for the lousy corporates whom couldn't give a rats about the two teams.

Prelims are huge and I dare say the atmosphere is at its best.

Anzac Day is the biggest day on the Home and Away fixture.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I would suggest that any game your own team is competing in is bigger than ANZAC day. ANZAC day is really just another gamne for 4 points between 2 teams I don't particularly like.

In fact, with all the misplaced bullshit patriotism, hype and self servedness of the teams involved, I now make a concious effort not to watch it.

Definitely not.

It's no bigger than any other Home and Away game, as it carries the same prize.

And obviously any final is bigger than this. Collingwood and Essendon supporters are the only ones who care about the result.

I love watching the ANZAC Day match, I think it's great...doesn't bother me that it's only done between Collingwood and Essendon, it's tradition.

However...to answer the question, I don't think it's the 2nd biggest, pre-lims and other finals matches are far more important, the prize is far bigger than in ANZAC Day matches and the teams are playing for survival.

The sheer interest it creates, of which this thread is one tiny example, dis-proves what alot of you are saying, IMO...

You could start a thread in Bay13 'Are the Showdowns the second most important games in the season?' and it would probably get a lot of responses too.

For me personally it's the Grand Final, Prelims, any other finals, Western Derbies, then maybe the Anzac game, though I always look forward to the Showdowns too.

Hard to say. I'd say yes in terms of the football world being focused on one game, especially when it is mid-week. But if Essendon and Collingwood met in the Prelim this year you would expect bigger hype and a 95000+ crowd.

Not even close

All finals are much bigger, if crowds is all ur interested in have a look at the pies v dogs

rnd 10 during the H&A they drew 65K to a friday night game which many thought was a good turn out, but to the EF they drew 85K!!

Pies v Essendon in any final would be much bigger in terms of crowd and atmosphere than ANZAC day

ANZAC day is just like every other football game, this year they did the ANZAC bugle last post stuff, minute silence, and national anthem before all games in the round, so all teams payed tribute to the ANZAC's

this year the West Coast v Sydney game was a bigger event in importance to the season

Remove this Banner Ad

Is Anzac Day the 2nd biggest day on the Football calender

Back