FTA-TV Is Breaking Bad the greatest show of all time?

Remove this Banner Ad

I'd say it probably is (of all the TV shows I've seen anyway). There's some great shows running these days like Dexter, Walking Dead, the still "young" Game of Thrones, but BB is still a class above them all. I tried to get into Mad Men but couldn't, have never seen The Wire so can't fairly compare to those highly rated ones.

Band of Brothers is up there for me, although that's more of a mini-series I spose. Watched it again this year and its still brilliant, still holds up.

BB transcended for me the moment that creepy Mexican drug song started up about Walter being dead but he doesn't know it yet at the hands of the cartel. This was season 2 and I just knew then this show was going from great to incredible.

In short, big call, but it's got more claims than anything else I've seen to hold that title. How season 5 wraps up could decide it, can't wait!

I can't really say it's the best because being young, I haven't watched anywhere near the amount of shows others have on here. I need to watch The Wire, Deadwood and The Sopranos before making any judgement.

However, it is a fantastic show with great acting and a plot that you'll find hard to find any holes in. The cinematography is also top notch.

Mid way through Season 3 now. I am dreading peeking back here in case of Spoliers so I am resorting to searching for Season threads to comment upon.

The same thing that happened to us catching up on Mad Men and Sons of A is happening again with this series whereby we are immersed in it.

I think in years to come the entertainment industry will look back at this first decade of this century and judge it very fondly with the quality dramas that have emerged.

That's one opinion, would seem many critics around the world disagree. Each to their own though.
Critics aren't exactly intelligent people otherwise they would be doing something better with their lives. Game of thrones is enjoyable but very simplistic and the plots take for ever to go anywhere. There is nothing mentally stimulating in the show or "wow" moments like in many other great shows. Note a sex scene or violent scene in a fantasy tv show is not a "wow" moment.

Critics aren't exactly intelligent people otherwise they would be doing something better with their lives. Game of thrones is enjoyable but very simplistic and the plots take for ever to go anywhere. There is nothing mentally stimulating in the show or "wow" moments like in many other great shows. Note a sex scene or violent scene in a fantasy tv show is not a "wow" moment.

There will be some "wow" moments next season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Again, according to you there's no wow moments, which is your opinion and that's fine. However it's a show that a lot of people rate highly, critics and public included. Just like Breaking Bad, there are many who consider it one of the best shows going around at the moment. I enjoy seeing the way things happen, the way relationships form and break, the acting is great and the story enjoyable. If you don't enjoy the show that's fine but each are entitled to their own opinion.

I've been rewatching from the start and I've noticed something that may be obvious to some

Season 1 has 7 eps, and (as someone told me) ended abruptly with no real finale because of the writers strike

Season 2 has 13 eps, but the first 3 eps continue from the end of season 1 story line with Tuco and Walts disappearance. After the 3rd EP of season 2 the story line of tuco ends and EP 4 basically takes off fresh, opening with the scene of the Teddy bear in the pool after the plane crash

What happened? It's pretty obvious the first 3 eps of season 2 are the final eps of season 1 (making each season 10 eps each) but has it been discussed/revealed the full details of how it all transpired

s2 also has a better look like they were filmed separately/with better tech

I think you're onto something, but there's still some crossover.

Opening scene of S2Ep1 "Seven Thirty-Seven" has the teddy bear in the pool, probably just added on later tho.

Incidentally, and this has probly been pointed out b4, the other episodes which start with a flash forward incl the teddy bear?

Ep 4 "Down", 10 "Over" and 13 "ABQ". Put them together.

I love how BB does this sort of shit.

Remove this Banner Ad

FTA-TV Is Breaking Bad the greatest show of all time?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back