Is Port 11 the worst team since Fitzroy 96 ??

Remove this Banner Ad

lionel_luthor

Club Legend
Suspended
Mar 23, 2011
Smallville
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Mel Heart, Leeds Utd
From a coaching, performance and playing list point of view, yes they are.

Can't believe they played in a granny 4 years ago, feel for Port fans, will get worse before it gets better

• Banned
Freo in 01 say hai.

Getting in before Freo fans say "we beat your team but"...

Freo lost quite a few close games that year and were decimated by injury IIRC.

Port has hardly had a bad run of injuries, which makes their performances even worse.

Primus is not cut out for coaching

Fremantle went 2-20 with a % of 72 by the end of 2001**
Port are currently 2-15 with a % of 69.73 ...(and that doesn't include this game)
**My own club also had a nightmare year in 2001: despite scraping 5-17 we had a % of 65.95- worse than last year's 'Spoon-winning' %, but also in a weaker competition than last year :$

Honourable mention to St. Kilda 2000: 2-19-1 70.51%

Port's Draw: Haw (MCG), W.B (AAMI), Ess (Eti), Melb (Adel Oval) ....so some winnable games coming up :p

They're not alone tho...Port, Melbourne, Richmond... none of them are anywhere near up to standard. With the addition of these extra teams the gap is just going to get bigger.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

From a coaching, performance and playing list point of view, yes they are.

Can't believe they played in a granny 4 years ago, feel for Port fans, will get worse before it gets better

Primus may be better placed than most to make the comparison, given he was on that list.

Fitzroy 96 were beyond bad, Port '11 would towel them.

This Port side wouldn't be far off the mark in terms of worst teams since Fitzroy in 1996. I don't think the worst Carlton & Melbourne sides of the past 10 years were this uninspiring. I say that not just because of results but because I just can't say where Port's improvement will come from. I can't think of one Port kid that excites me for the future.

At least the Roy's had some exciting young prospects like Chris Johnson & Matty Primus.

Any team that wins 2 games or less in a year should feel ashamed. St. Kilda 2000, Fremantle 2001 and Port Adelaide 2011 I'm looking at you.

But Fitzroy were the worst, financially crippled and merger bound too.

Said at the start of the year Primus took on the hardest job in footy at that moment , and I'm sticking by it.

Fitzroy were never given a 9 million dollar lifeline by the AFL, nor access to priority Picks etc, i think given the respective resources and circumstances Port is worse than Fitzroy

Fitzroy were never given a 9 million dollar lifeline by the AFL, nor access to priority Picks etc, i think given the respective resources and circumstances Port is worse than Fitzroy

Port haven't ever had priority picks unlike every ****ing Vic club bar ironicly North. How many top 3 picks are running around for the Blues and how did you "earn" them? Yes we are shit and it disgusts me, but please, this from a Carlton supporter?

Remove this Banner Ad

Is Port 11 the worst team since Fitzroy 96 ??

Remove this Banner Ad

Back