Is there any way to avoid being limited?

Remove this Banner Ad

bluesboy23

Rookie
Sep 10, 2017
Thomastown, Victoria
AFL Club
Carlton
Hey guys,

Need some advice from anyone that has experience in the field of bookies limiting bets. I bet purely money lines in the major US sports, and dabble in Aus sports, money lines also. Strictly no promos or arbing and all sizes will be even numbers.

Which books in Australia are the least likely to limit winning punters?

Also, if you are limited at all available online books, is it still possible to bet at local TABs? (max bet roughly 2k)

Betfair don't limit you and offer the best odds, although they will eventually charge a commission (once you have made over 250K profit or so - pipedream I know 😅).

As far as avoiding getting limited at the soft books:

1. Don't tail picks (if a bunch of people all bet the same things at the same time at the same books over and over again, their accounts all get linked as a syndicate/ sharp betting and they get limited quickly).

You can partly mitigate this by putting the tailed leg in a multi and adding a chalk leg to obfuscate things so it doesn't get lumped in with the other people who are tailing - as I believe the system they use only looks at action involving singles bets.

2. Would just be making your activity not look super sharp. Betting multiple sports is something soft books like to see, as barely anyone is profitable betting one sport (particularly moneyline and spread), let alone multiple sports, so they will assume you will definitely fail on one of the others.

Betting chalk. 1.10 moneylines, etc.

And parlays. Particularly parlays involving chalk. Sometimes I will take 4 AFL underdogs who I really like at the spread, at +60.5 or something, and bet a few thousand at $1.20.

It has worked so far.

You can also use an offshore book like Bet In Asia which has access to all the US sports, where you can bet huge amounts on ML and spread. The odds are better than anywhere in Australia but due to currency conversion, you lose about 5% when you withdraw, but the better odds really make up for it anyway.

Throwing dummy bets in is never the answer imo. It’s either going to be so little that it will make no difference to your being limited or it will just eat away at your actual edge to the point none of it was worth it

Betfair don't limit you and offer the best odds, although they will eventually charge a commission (once you have made over 250K profit or so - pipedream I know 😅).

As far as avoiding getting limited at the soft books:

1. Don't tail picks (if a bunch of people all bet the same things at the same time at the same books over and over again, their accounts all get linked as a syndicate/ sharp betting and they get limited quickly).

You can partly mitigate this by putting the tailed leg in a multi and adding a chalk leg to obfuscate things so it doesn't get lumped in with the other people who are tailing - as I believe the system they use only looks at action involving singles bets.

2. Would just be making your activity not look super sharp. Betting multiple sports is something soft books like to see, as barely anyone is profitable betting one sport (particularly moneyline and spread), let alone multiple sports, so they will assume you will definitely fail on one of the others.

Betting chalk. 1.10 moneylines, etc.

And parlays. Particularly parlays involving chalk. Sometimes I will take 4 AFL underdogs who I really like at the spread, at +60.5 or something, and bet a few thousand at $1.20.

It has worked so far.

You can also use an offshore book like Bet In Asia which has access to all the US sports, where you can bet huge amounts on ML and spread. The odds are better than anywhere in Australia but due to currency conversion, you lose about 5% when you withdraw, but the better odds really make up for it anyway.

Shorter than $1.20 that this will end in disaster inevitably

Remove this Banner Ad

Is there any way to avoid being limited?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back