Trade Requested Ivan Soldo [requested a trade to Victoria, linked to St Kilda]

Remove this Banner Ad

So Melbourne got pick 46 in 2023 and pick 40 in 2024 for Grundy.

Suspect Port will just take our Pick 43 and call it a day.
I would genuinely hope not. We would have to either draft or trade for another depth ruck anyway if we trade him out. We cant go into a season with only two rucks on our list, one of which hasn’t played a great deal. We also don’t have a key forward that could take the majority of ruck contests on a pinch now that Dixon has gone either.

I imagine port will do the right thing by Ivan in letting him go. Just hope that we get reasonable and fair value back.

Why should they do that?
Whilst it does happen, its incredibly rare clubs keep a player who publicly announce they want out to a specific club.

You guys over paid for Soldo at the time, he is now worth less than he was then. You cut your losses and celebrate the emergence of Sweet.

Whilst it does happen, its incredibly rare clubs keep a player who publicly announce they want out to a specific club.

You guys over paid for Soldo at the time, he is now worth less than he was then. You cut your losses and celebrate the emergence of Sweet.

It does happen and it's happened to us with Ratugolea. I'd love to see Port do the same thing for once

yep. Port do this to other clubs - his opinion? Player wants out fair value.

Another club does this to Port? His opinon?
He’s contracted, pay up.

Typical footy nuffy.

Why should they do that?

Ain’t nobody coughing up no Pick 24 for Ivan Soldo brother.

Clubs tend to help players exit when they have personal issues. Forcing players to stay at a club/city they don’t want to be at isn’t overly productive for either party.

Last one I can think of at the Saints was Jamie Cripps who wanted to head back to WA. We got reamed on the trade but got him there.

I don't really see a reason to give him away on the cheap.

We paid a more than fair price to pry Soldo out of Richmond when he was contracted.

He is currently under contract and St Kilda want him. By the same logic they should also pay a fair price.

Otherwise just keep him

It's not St Kildas fault Port overpaid for a backup ruck.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ain’t nobody coughing up no Pick 24 for Ivan Soldo brother.

Clubs tend to help players exit when they have personal issues. Forcing players to stay at a club/city they don’t want to be at isn’t overly productive for either party.

Last one I can think of at the Saints was Jamie Cripps who wanted to head back to WA. We got reamed on the trade but got him there.
You mean like Geelong and the Rat where Geelong forced Ratugolea to serve out his contract

Remove this Banner Ad

Trade Requested Ivan Soldo [requested a trade to Victoria, linked to St Kilda]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back