News Izak Rankine, Gold coast holding Rankine to Ransom- #FreeIzak

What will be the trade with the Suns? (Crows posters only, NO opposition supporters)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just saw some numpty on Facebook post the following

"Pick 5 or 6 won't get it done so you either pay up or Gold Coast will happily send him to West Coast for nothing"

Does anyone honestly think that any list manager in the league would actually knock back a Top 5 pick in favour of sending a player to a rival club for nothing?

Surely people really aren't that dense.

I just saw some numpty on Facebook post the following

"Pick 5 or 6 won't get it done so you either pay up or Gold Coast will happily send him to West Coast for nothing"

Does anyone honestly think that any list manager in the league would actually knock back a Top 5 pick in favour of sending a player to a rival club for nothing?

Surely people really aren't that dense.
yeah..stuff you crows, we would rather miss getting a Busslinger or Tsatsas whilst still losing Rankine just to teach YOU a lesson...said no one sane ever

Not even close. No cigar Spackler.

The post was about delaying surgery until February or to be less precise, just before the season started.

This certainly occurred prior to the last three years.

Talia had knee surgery at the end of the 2020 season, made an excellent recovery and was about to start playing in April 2021 when he was diagnosed with a foot injury. This was a totally separate injury (foot tendon not connected to the knee bone). He had surgery on his foot but never recovered.

Crouch had hip surgery after the 2020 season. In May 2021 he had GROIN surgery and his groin problems have continued imho. Once again it was not a delay in having surgery on an existing problem, it was a new problem but possibly related to greater stress on his groins during the recovery from hip surgery.

You are wrong. I used quotes directly from Talia himself

"I'd actually been playing with a torn meniscus so I knew something wasn't right because I couldn't bend the leg and couldn't really move for the last 10 weeks. I couldn't really train, I couldn't bend it or change direction … I'd have one run and my knee would blow up."

"It was really about managing it and we're a pretty young group and in normal circumstances in a team that's top-four you probably just wouldn't play. But I think in the position we're in it's really important to be out there and teaching the young guys and developing them."

Claiming he had an excellent recovery is laughable:

"I haven't run since the last round [four months prior to this quote] so it's been very frustrating, and it was a bit worse than we thought at the end of last year"

Then later in the year he says

"I’ve had a bit of a setback. I actually got through training last week but just pulled up a bit sore in my foot on the same side. The knee was coming along really well but the foot on that side is maybe compensating a bit and is just a bit sore."

Daniel himself said he played injured which delayed his surgery and recovery which led to further issues and ultimately his retirement

Last edited:
No way I'd give them our first pick. We need a mid and I'm sick of the club ignoring it.
Unless we can trade it for JHF (with steak knives or a player like crouch) I'm with you

Even if they weren't happy with the trade I'd still accept it. Losing rankine for nothing is just *ing stupid.

Of course they will take it, they would be absolute idiots not to.

Ultimately I suspect the deal will get done for 5 and possibly some future pick swaps, we wouldn't have chased Rankine unless we were fully prepared to give up our first rounder this year.

Of course they will take it, they would be absolute idiots not to.

Ultimately I suspect the deal will get done for 5 and possibly some future pick swaps, we wouldn't have chased Rankine unless we were fully prepared to give up our first rounder this year.
I think giving up a phillipou for rankine is stupid.

I think giving up a phillipou for rankine is stupid.

I also tend to think that we desperately need a blue chip mid too, but have resigned myself to the reality that we're going down the Rankine path instead.

As a Port supporter said the other day, if Rankine is pulling goals out of his ass for the Crows then down the track no one is going to care what he's paid nor what they had to give up to get him.

"I'd actually been playing with a torn meniscus so I knew something wasn't right because I couldn't bend the leg and couldn't really move for the last 10 weeks. I couldn't really train, I couldn't bend it or change direction … I'd have one run and my knee would blow up."

"It was really about managing it and we're a pretty young group and in normal circumstances in a team that's top-four you probably just wouldn't play. But I think in the position we're in it's really important to be out there and teaching the young guys and developing them."

Claiming he had an excellent recovery is laughable:

"I haven't run since the last round [four months prior to this quote] so it's been very frustrating, and it was a bit worse than we thought at the end of last year"

Then later in the year he says

"I’ve had a bit of a setback. I actually got through training last week but just pulled up a bit sore in my foot on the same side. The knee was coming along really well but the foot on that side is maybe compensating a bit and is just a bit sore."

Daniel himself said he played injured which delayed his surgery and recovery which led to further issues and ultimately his retirement
Not only did Giacomo get his facts wrong, whats even worse was he called you Spackler :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

"I'd actually been playing with a torn meniscus so I knew something wasn't right because I couldn't bend it.
Firstly, my apologies to Spackler, it was the other Minister (Mod) for Disinformation.

I was responding to Jackoffs post that we will wait until February to schedule the surgery. I asked for examples over the last 3 years under Nicks.

Yes, Talia did delay his surgery until September, NOT FEBRUARY, which was a dumb idea. I googled Daniel Talia Surgery and the first article was from Daniel Chadwick- 7 Sports dated 6/4/2021
“The two time All Australian had made a full recovery from post season knee surgery and was preparing to return to play before developing foot pain over the last FORTNIGHT. Scans showed inflammation in a tendon in his left foot.”

So your only example (still quiet on the Crouch one boys) in the last three years was that Talia had an operation on his left foot in APRIL, a FORTNIGHT after the problem arose.

Last edited:
A players dad and senior players have been working on him and it’s working. Almost pulled out on the weekend and early in the week.
what a bunch of flogs.

hope these senior players are willing to give up some of their salary to get Rankine’s bumped up to what the crows are offering…

what a bunch of flogs.

hope these senior players are willing to give up some of their salary to get Rankine’s bumped up to what the crows are offering…
it would be disappointing if he didn’t come but would get us more to work with to go after others.

it would be disappointing if he didn’t come but would get us more to work with to go after others.
just how ****n selfish can you get though?..

hassling him and working on him pushing a “we want you to stay and play with/for us for $200k less a year just because it benefits us…”

I‘d be flipping embarrassed to even consider forcing that kind of pressure on the kid..

they should leave the lad alone to make the best decision for him, his family and his future.

they are basically asking him to forgo nearly a million dollars for their own selfish wants…

just how *n selfish can you get though?..

hassling him and working on him pushing a “we want you to stay and play with/for us for $200k less a year just because it benefits us…”

I‘d be *ing embarrassed to even consider forcing that kind of pressure on the kid..

they should leave the lad alone to make the best decision for him, his family and his future.

they are basically asking him to forgo nearly a million dollars for their own selfish wants…
Maybe the suns have upped their offer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back