News J.Cloke & Skipworth to Bendigo

Remove this Banner Ad

why did they sign that hack

You are joking are you not ?
Both very good VFL players who have both made the VFL state side when playing for Bendigo. They are exactly the type of players Bendigo needs , players who have played at AFL level but have come up a fraction short but are extremly good at VFL level.

If you have to ask why then i would suggest you need to rethink things a little.

totally agree with ant555. bendigo have been a rabble the last couple of years with a lack of vfl talent to assist the essendon listed youngsters and rookies. skipworth as an assistant coach is a great get - the younger players all look up to him and his knowledge of the game is great. he is also more than a handy player at vfl level. likewise cloke has been a consistent performer at vfl level regularly making state rep teams etc. with more players like these to assist the 11-12 essendon guys on a weekly basis it would go a long way to bendigo winning some matches and pushing for finals. how many matches did they win this year???!

its hard to develop match-day talent with rubbish top-up players. ie guys like carlisle and still if playing forward may be starved of supply without some decent additions to the team. i've seen jay neagle getting very frustrated at full forward in the vfl with nothing happening.

it appears some extra funds may finally be thrown into recruiting making the bendigo bombers a more successful outfit with any luck.

Think there's a chance we'll pick up C.Cloke and run him in the magoos too? Not a big fan at all, but could be a decent idea to have someone like him as a contingency plan in case things go pear shaped again.

there's a few players who were delisted whilst contracted - if no-one picks them up the club who has these players is obligated to select them as a rookie my understanding is. i think cameron cloke might be one of these?

if he isn't then cameron cloke would definitely be a great get for bendigo as a versatile big man. certainly don't want him on essendon's list but bengido is a different story.

Think there's a chance we'll pick up C.Cloke and run him in the magoos too? Not a big fan at all, but could be a decent idea to have someone like him as a contingency plan in case things go pear shaped again.

Port Adelaide have a PSD pick before us now and look like using it on C.Cloke.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

ok so we need these guys to lift the side & develop the youngens. But how come Skippy is even playing. I heard from people close to him that his body was shot. He also said that his body wasnt up to playing footy any more. Interesting move really. Hope that it works out for us. Wont lose any sleep over having them in the side though.

ok so we need these guys to lift the side & develop the youngens. But how come Skippy is even playing. I heard from people close to him that his body was shot. He also said that his body wasnt up to playing footy any more. Interesting move really. Hope that it works out for us. Wont lose any sleep over having them in the side though.
Not up to AFL level. Fair gap.
We really need 5 or 6 good leaders of that VFL side. Prolly another 3 or 4 good VFL level players who are versatile , can throw around when we need to play a young'un in a certain spot.

I think it's great news. Skipworth isn't an AFL player but he's still a great leader and has been a great influence on our players (he's lived with our 2 club Rising Star winners over the last 2 years. Reimers 08, Pears 09). He will also add some skill to the struggling Bendigo team.

Think there's a chance we'll pick up C.Cloke and run him in the magoos too?

Cam Cloke would be a very nice get for Bendigo. Strong bodied ruckman feeding it out to the youngsters could be beneficial, definitely.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back