Jacinta Allan - Leading a zombie government

Remove this Banner Ad

Secret briefings used to justify sending Victorians into the world’s longest lockdownare set to be released for the first time.
Despite the Department of Health fighting to keep the documents secret, claiming it would take years to prepare them for release, officials have been ordered to make them public.

In a landmark Victorian Civil and Administrative Tribunal decision handed down this week, vice president Judge Caitlin English ruled there was a high degree of public interest in the release of the material that underpinned dozens of pandemic orders.
yawn!

more than a little pissed off at the prospect of privatising births, deaths, and marriages. apart from the private sector’s competency being shown to be poor, they are more likely to be hacked. the debt isn’t sufficient reason to flog off the farm. or what’s left of it of dumb jeff’s butchery.

You now I worry less about the government spending on SRL than I do about them doing stuff like this

There is literally no benefit to the tax payer in this but huge implications for privacy

Also the idea that privatising public services is better is fantasy, better for company profits maybe, not better for the tax payer

You now I worry less about the government spending on SRL than I do about them doing stuff like this

There is literally no benefit to the tax payer in this but huge implications for privacy

Also the idea that privatising public services is better is fantasy, better for company profits maybe, not better for the tax payer

Ben Carroll is reportedly agitating for SRL to be cancelled so the existing debt can be paid off without services slashed. The ONLY reason the government is toying with privatisation of BD&M is because it is cash strapped and looking for alternative sources of income.

Ben Carroll is reportedly agitating for SRL to be cancelled so the existing debt can be paid off without services slashed. The ONLY reason the government is toying with privatisation of BD&M is because it is cash strapped and looking for alternative sources of income.
incorrect they've been privatising stuff for years

and all it ever leads to is less cash and more privatising in the future

nobody is going to pay for something they won't make more money off than the cost of getting that business

so anything privatised long term is money out of government coffers

selling off the SEC was one of the biggest rorts ever, leasing ports, whatever the method, whether liberal or labor

its all about transfering wealth to private entities

which comes at the cost of public funded services when budgets get tight

Some significant differences. The first stage is already completed and cost $7.3B with 36km of track in the north-west. The 2nd stage which will be finished by 2030 will connect Parramatta, already a major commercial hub, to SYDNEY CBD. It’s cost will be $25B. Tunnelling for SRL doesn’t start until 2026. The 3rd stage will include a rail link to Sydney’s new international airport which opens in 2 years.
36km of track is technically incorrect.
Epping to Chatswood already existed. It was just converted to Metro standard.
23km of new track was built.

Same deal for Metro City and South West.
Chatswood to Sydenham is new. Sydenham to Bankstown is converted railway.

They do seem to be losing thier marbles a bit lately.

Fair enough.

It is correct though that by 2030 SYDNEY will have two international airports with rail links.

Last edited:

It's not lately, they've been doing this and proposing this for years.

Plenty of it happened under Andrew's watch he just was better at managing public perception I think.

They've been talking about doing this one for years

Dan Andrews was very generous financially to the construction industry and various other militant unions that let it be known that their votes were up for sale, public servants in general as well as throwing taxpayer money around like confetti at electorates where most swinging voters lived.

I'm not all all surprised that he was very popular, disappointed but not shocked in the least that a financially irresponsible politician was able to garner a lot of votes during his time in office. Self interest will always rule and why I'm an advocate for denying those directly/indirectly employed by the government from voting.

These people are too greedy and dumb to see the bigger picture and what's in the best interest for every Victorian going forward into the long term, and not just cast their vote to the government that will line their pockets the most and that's a recipe for disaster as we are now witnessing.
Seen a lot of stupid takes posted on this site, definitely in the upper echelon with this one.

Seen a lot of stupid takes posted on this site, definitely in the upper echelon with this one.
Your post is unfair, IMO. It's the first contribution in this this thread by the poster in question, and with a response like yours it will probably be his last. I dare say he is like so many Victorians is completely frustrated and dismayed by just how opaque, divisive and bad the government under Andrews and Allen has become.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Your post is unfair, IMO. It's the first contribution in this this thread by the poster in question, and with a response like yours it will probably be his last. I dare say he is like so many Victorians is completely frustrated and dismayed by just how opaque, divisive and bad the government under Andrews and Allen has become.
Nah. If they don't want their take called as stupid don't say you want to remove thousands of people from a democratic process.

The feds have been consistently better at funding nsw and qld projects than Victorian ones. Seems to be bipartisan on that
Federal elections aren't won or lost in Victoria

The feds have been consistently better at funding nsw and qld projects than Victorian ones. Seems to be bipartisan on that

A lot of it under Dan was him refusing to start projects the Federal government wanted and the Federal government not supporting his ridiculous ones.

Dan Andrews was very generous financially to the construction industry and various other militant unions that let it be known that their votes were up for sale, public servants in general as well as throwing taxpayer money around like confetti at electorates where most swinging voters lived.

I'm not all all surprised that he was very popular, disappointed but not shocked in the least that a financially irresponsible politician was able to garner a lot of votes during his time in office. Self interest will always rule and why I'm an advocate for denying those directly/indirectly employed by the government from voting.

These people are too greedy and dumb to see the bigger picture and what's in the best interest for every Victorian going forward into the long term, and not just cast their vote to the government that will line their pockets the most and that's a recipe for disaster as we are now witnessing.
So you think you're better than anyone directly or indirectly employed by the government. Who else do you think you're better than? I want to understand the extent of your arrogance.

It's not lately, they've been doing this and proposing this for years.

Plenty of it happened under Andrew's watch he just was better at managing public perception I think.

They've been talking about doing this one for years
Andrews kept the ship going in the right direction so to speak.
A lot of it under Dan was him refusing to start projects the Federal government wanted and the Federal government not supporting his ridiculous ones.
Which mostly was caused by Liberal v Labor.
Liberals don't want to give Labor a leg up and vice versa.

New law courts for Melbourne’s booming western suburbs will sit empty after they are built this year because the state government has not provided the funding to run them.

Wyndham Law Courts, set to be the largest court complex outside the CBD, was allocated $272 million for construction in 2020. The facility, located in Werribee in the city’s south-west, is on track to be completed later this year and was due to open in March 2025

New law courts for Melbourne’s booming western suburbs will sit empty after they are built this year because the state government has not provided the funding to run them.

Wyndham Law Courts, set to be the largest court complex outside the CBD, was allocated $272 million for construction in 2020. The facility, located in Werribee in the city’s south-west, is on track to be completed later this year and was due to open in March 2025
Don't let this government tell you it is not cash strapped or that everything is "hunky dory".

The list of services that have had funding slashed is astounding. We all know cancer research funding has been slashed by 75%, but many of the services you won't read about because the organisations that ran them had quietly gone about their business providing invaluable services in the community only to have the rug pulled out from under then in the Budget... you know, the Budget with the cover title, "Helping Families".

Remove this Banner Ad

Jacinta Allan - Leading a zombie government

Remove this Banner Ad

Back