Player Watch Jack Ginnivan (Traded to Hawks 2023)

Remove this Banner Ad

Haven't changed my opinion, he's still a smart footballer, not the most athletic but can play. he will embarrass his club off field from time to time but worth a spot on it.

I agree he would still be fringe for us. We have Bobby and Schulz ahead of him as small forwards, Ginni is too slow for the defensive forward (and he's behind McReery there too), he worked super hard and took Lippa's spot as back of the square mid when injury made it available (not sure how to describe the spot, we don;t realkly tag, its almost a "middle winger" if that makes sense). HH and probably Allan look to be ahead of him there. He's not an in-and-under player.

Doing well as a small forward for the Hawks because they have recruited a grunt heavy list and they needed some class to leaven the lump. He's surrounded by muscle so he complements that with a quick brain.

Haven't changed my opinion, he's still a smart footballer, not the most athletic but can play. he will embarrass his club off field from time to time but worth a spot on it.

I agree he would still be fringe for us. We have Bobby and Schulz ahead of him as small forwards, Ginni is too slow for the defensive forward (and he's behind McReery there too), he worked super hard and took Lippa's spot as back of the square mid when injury made it available (not sure how to describe the spot, we don;t realkly tag, its almost a "middle winger" if that makes sense). HH and probably Allan look to be ahead of him there. He's not an in-and-under player.

Doing well as a small forward for the Hawks because they have recruited a grunt heavy list and they needed some class to leaven the lump. He's surrounded by muscle so he complements that with a quick brain.
I disagree with the Hawks and muscle. THey're runners. He's doing well for them as they spread the field really well and link up to blokes who've found space. Suits Ginni to a tee - as he's very good at finding a few metres of space in the right spot. He's in the right team for his strengths.

Apart from Newcombe there’s not much more muscle in that team. Good kickers and speed is their primary advantage.
Oh and they’re elite at Ducking.

Can we move on from the Ginnivan talk
He was a premiership player that could have stayed he made comments about the club on his way out that were critical of our coach
He should be forgot about until the first premiership reunion like Daisy was
After all he is an above average footballer he is no superstar had never will be
Just let it go

He was a premiership player that could have stayed he made comments about the club on his way out that were critical of our coach
After all he is an above average footballer he is no superstar had never will be
Just let it go
It is in the Jack Ginnivan thread.

Just let it go
It's the Jack Ginnivan thread 🥴 Unwatch it you don't want to read it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I disagree with the Hawks and muscle. THey're runners. He's doing well for them as they spread the field really well and link up to blokes who've found space. Suits Ginni to a tee - as he's very good at finding a few metres of space in the right spot. He's in the right team for his strengths.
Look I'm happy to be corrected, but don't they have a 6'7" midfielder from Ireland? And Chol, and Jiath and McGuiness and the big lump at FF? My impression when they play us is they bash us.

Like when players slip down the draft because they didn't interview well, there's a trade tax that had to be paid to get Ginnivan out of our hair. None of his flogish behaviour off the field helps the club on field and he really doesn't have the footy ability credits in the bank like say Akermanis had.

You can only imagine the relief Fly must feel not having to field questions every week regarding the latest bullshittery of the 25th best player at the club.

Like when players slip down the draft because they didn't interview well, there's a trade tax that had to be paid to get Ginnivan out of our hair. None of his flogish behaviour off the field helps the club on field and he really doesn't have the footy ability credits in the bank like say Akermanis had.

You can only imagine the relief Fly must feel not having to field questions every week regarding the latest bullshittery of the 25th best player at the club.
I agree, but he's the 18th best player (or better) at Hawthorn and fills a role. Good luck to him, his problem is he's a bit of a fast twitch young bloke who goes for the laughs and good times. I don't think he's evil, just silly sometimes, and he plays the game with his brain and skill: he's a footballer and I appreciate that.

I hope he plays 150 games for them, he may well even play in another flag side.

I agree, but he's the 18th best player (or better) at Hawthorn and fills a role. Good luck to him, his problem is he's a bit of a fast twitch young bloke who goes for the laughs and good times. I don't think he's evil, just silly sometimes, and he plays the game with his brain and skill: he's a footballer and I appreciate that.

I hope he plays 150 games for them, he may well even play in another flag side.
What an absolute travesty - Who was the last Collingwood player to play in back-to-back flags? Jack Ginnivan :(

A lot of the posts in this thread have been transferred in from other threads by mods because those threads were being derailed.
I don't get why posters still want to discuss him.

I think Port will snuff that out. Jack might become a little bigheaded if he did snag one this year...
Going to be an interesting game. Port will surely come out breathing fire and on that skinny ground they may be able to contain Hawthorn's spread. But I still think Hawks will flog them in the second half when the game opens up a bit.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Jack Ginnivan (Traded to Hawks 2023)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back