Traded Jack Ginnivan [Traded with #39, F2 & F4 to Hawthorn for #33, F2 & F3]

Remove this Banner Ad

No way 33 gets it done.

IMO the Hawks need to try to split pick 4 into 2 first rounders, and then Pies chuck in Ginnivan and 19 for a pick in the early teens.

Crows's 14 might get it done. Something like this:

Pies:
IN
: Pick 14
OUT: Ginnivan, Pick 19

Hawks:
IN
: Pick 10, Pick 19, Ginnivan
OUT: Pick 4

Crows:
IN
: Pick 4
OUT: Pick 10, Pick 14
Collingwood won't get close to what he's worth given the situation and he's not even their best 22, a 2nd round pick is generous.

Seems like Hawk fans have just ‘discovered’ Ginnivan over the last 24 hours.

Complete 180 turn.

No, not at all. In fact, I posted of my interest to get him Hawthorn this trade period way back in July...

Last off season people brought up the name Jack Ginnivan as a player Hawthorn should target.

It was rightly laughed off as a contracted 19 year old who had just kicked 40 goals in a season at a big club that was doing well on field.

However, now that he's not getting picked at Collingwood - it's possible he may be keen for a move to a club where he would antiipate that he can more easily earn a game.

Not having the season he did last year but is still only 20 and with Wingard and Breust close to retirement, would we be interested?

He had 28 touches, 5 tackles and kicked 2 goals 3 in the VFL on the weekend. Overall, he is averaging 15 disposals, 4 tackles and 1.3 goals at VFL level this season. Whilst this does not excite very much given the level, small forwards often have the same amount of limited opportunities at all levels (unlike, say a midfielder that can rack up the touches at VFL level and play in a pocket or a flank at AFL level for a vastly different result).

Feel like Collingwood couldn't ask the world for a player not getting games that wants out?

You'll note at the start pof that post that Hawthorn supporters were raising him last trade period and that the response to my post was mostly positive.

Pleased it eventuated in the way that I'd hoped.

Pleased with the deal too.

Good possibility Collingwood's F2 ends up going to Gold Coast for Chol.

If so, it means our F2 will have brought in Ginnivan and Chol. Our 2nd round pick this year (now with Gold Coast) is pick 24. Pick 24 for those two is pretty good business, particularly with the hope we can rise up the ladder a few more spots.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lot of Pies fans Overrating Ginnivan

He is not a Automatic Best 22 player.

Got Games in Finals because of Injuries
Kind of like how lots of Pies fans will now tell us how crap he is after telling us how good he was.
It’s how BF works and you just provided exhibit A and you needed to post the exact same thing on the Collingwood board just to illustrate how BF works.

Last edited:
I think he probably regrets going to the races now too. You could tell McRae thought it was a dumb thing to do.

Imagine the fallout if the Pies lost. Not that it would be the reason, but these things tend to be let go more easily when the result works out.

It's like Aker with the Lions. Nobody cared that he was tool when they were winning but as soon as they dropped off it became a big issue.

Imagine the fallout if the Pies lost. Not that it would be the reason, but these things tend to be let go more easily when the result works out.

It's like Aker with the Lions. Nobody cared that he was tool when they were winning but as soon as they dropped off it became a big issue.
100%. Like the day before the granny. Just put your feet up and watch some Netflix or play some video games or something. Have some friends over. Going out in public, being on your feet all day, in the sun, is a terrible preparation for the biggest game of his life. I actually think it was a factor in him leaving.

Remove this Banner Ad

Traded Jack Ginnivan [Traded with #39, F2 & F4 to Hawthorn for #33, F2 & F3]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back