Recommitted Jack Graham [staying]

Remove this Banner Ad

Can't imagine it'd take much in terms of draft picks for Port to bring him over. Started his career well, but hasn't really kicked on in the way that Richmond supporters thought he would.

At 24, what you're seeing from him now is what you'll probably get moving forward. 18-19 possessions per game, decent pressure, seems to be an OK leader, but that's about it. Would value him somewhere between pick 35-45.

Curious to know what Richmond supporters think is a reasonable price for Graham. Can't say that I know much about him other than hearing that he is half-decent

Can't imagine it'd take much in terms of draft picks for Port to bring him over. Started his career well, but hasn't really kicked on in the way that Richmond supporters thought he would.

At 24, what you're seeing from him now is what you'll probably get moving forward. 18-19 possessions per game, decent pressure, seems to be an OK leader, but that's about it. Would value him somewhere between pick 35-45.
Played very good footy in finals. His game is built for finals.

Worth much more then pick 35.

Might be squeezed out at Richmond with the pending arrival of Taranto and Hopper.
Apparantely open to a move and Port Adelaide seems keen enough.
How does everyone see this panning out.
CD always shows interest in anyone who thinks of moving/moving back to SA. He didn’t sound eager on Graham, so I doubt there’s much interest from us.

35-45 :rolleyes: If a cooked 32 year old Shaun Higgins can get pick 30, JG should be getting more than that.

Decent pressure? He was 12th in the league for pressure acts this season where he has been carrying turf toe. Averages the 5th most pressure acts per game since 2010 and number 1 last season. As for his leadership he was SA captain as a junior and is touted as potential future captain at the club.

Graham plays a thankless role for us as a defensive running midfielder. When he has been rarely let off the chain he has played some very good high possession, goal kicking games. Hopefully he hangs around and can take over that mid/half forward role Lambert has been playing. If anything Hopper and Taranto should free him up to get involved a bit more offensively.
Curious to know what Richmond supporters think is a reasonable price for Graham. Can't say that I know much about him other than hearing that he is half-decent
20-30

35-45 :rolleyes: If a cooked 32 year old Shaun Higgins can get pick 30, JG should be getting more than that.

Decent pressure? He was 12th in the league for pressure acts this season where he has been carrying turf toe. Averages the 5th most pressure acts per game since 2010 and number 1 last season. As for his leadership he was SA captain as a junior and is touted as potential future captain at the club.

Graham plays a thankless role for us as a defensive running midfielder. When he has been rarely let off the chain he has played some very good high possession, goal kicking games. Hopefully he hangs around and can take over that mid/half forward role Lambert has been playing. If anything Hopper and Taranto should free him up to get involved a bit more offensively.

20-30
If Port want a first rounder for Amon, then I'd dare say Graham is worth a top 5 pick ;)
20-30 sounds about right.

I'd like the Saints to look at him, especially if we insist on trading Hill and/or Hunter Clark.

Jack Graham is one of those players who is undervalued on the trade market due to:
  • Playing mostly a defensive role as a midfielder (which allowed Martin, Bolton & Edwards to run more freely)
  • Is out of form compared to his performances in 2021.
I suspect that Richmond will only trade Graham if they can get adequate compensation that they move on for the Tarranto/Hopper deal. Most likely Graham will stay at Richmond for next season and will be resigned mid-year when he's back in form.

Played very good footy in finals. His game is built for finals.

Worth much more then pick 35.
That's nice and all, but in terms centre-square midfielders, I'd have him at least behind: Laird, Keays, McCluggage, Neale, Cripps, Walsh, Hewett, Cerra, Crisp, De Goey, Adams, Pendlebury, Parish, Merrett, Andrew Brayshaw, Serong, Brodie, Guthrie, Dangerfield, Selwood, Atkins, Anderson, Miller, Rowell, Kelly, Hopper, Taranto, Green, Newcombe, Mitchell, O'Meara, Petracca, Oliver, Viney, Angus Brayshaw, Davies-Uniacke, Wines, Boak, Rozee, Cotchin, Martin, Bolton, Prestia, Steele, Crouch, Mills, Warner, Parker, Rowbottom, Bontempelli, Macrae, Liberatore, Dunkley and Smith.

So there's a reasonable argument that there's more than 50 midfielders league-wide who are better and/or more valuable than Graham. Pick 35 is pretty fair IMO.

Last edited:
Also, he may be 'built for finals', but his career average in finals is 12.4 possessions per game. Sure, he does some decent defensive work, no denying that, but that hardly screams finals superstar.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Seems like Port are expecting an "end of first rounder" compo pick for Amon. Let's say that's 19.

19 for Graham and a future 3rd, maybe? Richmond would surely be backing themselves to finish top 8 next year, so 19 for Graham and 50-ish values him at around Pick 25-30.

Are Graham and Junior Rioli a better duo than Gray and Motlop? Nope

Don’t know why you’d want them

Also, he may be 'built for finals', but his career average in finals is 12.4 possessions per game. Sure, he does some decent defensive work, no denying that, but that hardly screams finals superstar.
Including owning prime Rory slone, who was on fire and kicking 3 on him.

Hopefully the tigers keep graham. Better team with him imho

If it's Port, it could be a bit of a problem since they have nothing between 8 and 50-odd at the moment.

I guess something would be worked out around the Amon compo.

Amon compo or future 2nd probably (i suppose rioli trade might chew those picks up though).

If Port want a first rounder for Amon, then I'd dare say Graham is worth a top 5 pick ;)
20-30 sounds about right.
Sure - Amon just came 15th in this years Brownlow and is worth at least an end of first Round pick.

Jack Graham - 2 votes the same as Nick Newman. He's worth around the 30 mark I guess.

Sure - Amon just came 15th in this years Brownlow and is worth at least an end of first Round pick.

Jack Graham - 2 votes the same as Nick Newman. He's worth around the 30 mark I guess.
Because Brownlow votes are everything.

Remove this Banner Ad

Recommitted Jack Graham [staying]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back