Rumour Jack Luk-no-sius

Remove this Banner Ad

Why does anyone care if Port trades out another future first? Leaves all the good early SA draft talent to us alone again.
Because it's overs if nothing comes back and more than likely GCS won't offer anything back as they think it will be pick 14 or 15 but imagine if they finally are exposed with a harder draw and crash out of the 8 as Hinkley is sacked.

butters is also gonna go and port preparing now by getting back into draft to get a gun mid

Maybe Butters goes. I think they are looking to replace Wines/Boak. Ports midfield depth has been the big strength and as those two boys finish up there is nothing underneath. They are taking the opportunity to grab one in a deep draft

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I'm glad this has been brought up, Port have been trading first round picks like there's no tomorrow and haven't complied with the 2 in four rule.

It's good to see that the narrative from the AFL media for Luko is a first round pick because it helps set his value and hopefully means that GC are asking a fair price for him.

Its more of a guideline than a hard rule (Hawthorn and Geelong have both gone 4 years without drafting 2 firsts in the past). Plus weve used 2 firsts in the last 4 years

Its more of a guideline than a hard rule (Hawthorn and Geelong have both gone 4 years without drafting 2 firsts in the past). Plus weve used 2 firsts in the last 4 years

Who are these 2 firsts in the last four years?

2020 Lachie Jones
2021 Josh Synn
2022 Traded
2023 Traded
2024 Traded

From what I can see you've selected one first round pick in the past four seasons (Josh Synn 2021).

Hypothetically If Port kept Houston and traded their 2025 for Luko then that's four seasons with no first round pick.

2020 Lachie Jones
2021 Josh Synn
2022 Traded
2023 Traded
2024 Traded

From what I can see you've selected one first round pick in the past four seasons (Josh Synn 2021).

Hypothetically If Port kept Houston and traded their 2025 for Luko then that's four seasons with no first round pick.
They're saying the use of 1st round picks to get JHF gets around, what is a policy, not a rule by the AFL

2020 Lachie Jones
2021 Josh Synn
2022 Traded
2023 Traded
2024 Traded

they cant do that and whilst potentially AFL could overturn the rule it has never been done

I suspect AFL hold firm, they know if and thats why they happy houston goes

has anyone seen gerard whateleys reaction to the luko deal? big response for a pretty measured guy normally. thinks its madness and that port will regret it

2020 Lachie Jones
2021 Josh Synn
2022 Traded
2023 Traded
2024 Traded

2024 trade period hasn't even started so shouldn't be included yet. You said we haven't complied, as it currently stands that is incorrect.

2020 Lachie Jones
2021 Josh Synn
2022 Traded
2023 Traded
2024 Traded

Pretty sure JHF counts

2024 trade period hasn't even started so shouldn't be included yet. You said we haven't complied, as it currently stands that is incorrect.

Yes it hasn't started, however as it currently stands you currently don't have a first round pick this year.

There was nothing factually incorrect in what I said.

Hypothetically if Port didn't trade Houston and then attempted to trade another future first then it would be contrary to the rules that are currently in place, I am not even sure how anyone could claim otherwise.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pretty sure JHF counts

Even if JHF counts as a 2022 pick, it's still based off a continually rolling four year period.

2022 JFH
2023 traded
2024 traded
Given the rules with Picks currently their 2025 first should be locked from trading until they either acquire another 2024 1st or a 2025 1st Round pick.

2020 Lachie Jones
2021 Josh Synn
2022 Traded
2023 Traded
2024 Traded

They have traded in a first rounder, JHF

Even if JHF counts as a 2022 pick, it's still based off a continually rolling four year period.

2022 JFH
2023 traded
2024 traded
Given the rules with Picks currently their 2025 first should be locked from trading until they either acquire another 2024 1st or a 2025 1st Round pick.

Rules? bah! That rule has NEVER been enforced has it?

Yes it hasn't started, however as it currently stands you currently don't have a first round pick this year.

There was nothing factually incorrect in what I said.

Hypothetically if Port didn't trade Houston and then attempted to trade another future first then it would be contrary to the rules that are currently in place, I am not even sure how anyone could claim otherwise.
And what better time for the AFL to draw a line in the sand than when you have two contracted players who have both stated that they are happy enough to stay where they are?

I can see the AFL saying no to Port trading their future first.

But who knows? They make it up as they go along.

And what better time for the AFL to draw a line in the sand than when you have two contracted players who have both stated that they are happy enough to stay where they are?

I can see the AFL saying no to Port trading their future first.

But who knows? They make it up as they go along.
That's because it's a policy NOT a rule .....Policies are flexible, Rules are not

sci-fi GIF by MANGOTEETH
man dollar GIF

Apparently signed a 7 year deal close to 1 million per year

Jack Lukosius can play, but I am quite happy that we did not get him. It would have cost us significant draft capital which can now go towards procuring a talented younger player. It would have cost us a lot of coin which would limit us retaining or getting other players and send an entitled message to the playing group. We have quality in Tyler Welsh under the father/son rule that we will likely get on the cheap who can play the third tall role, and probably quite quickly due to his size and being in our system already, and we have already committed to bringing in two mature age players to add to the organic growth that is already in the pipeline, and so giving us much needed depth.

Has there ever been a situation where two best mates were at each SA club? Dunno how comfortable I'd be about all that with game plan info potentially being shared.

Brett and Roger James were an interesting earlier case. Has there been others?

Has there ever been a situation where two best mates were at each SA club? Dunno how comfortable I'd be about all that with game plan info potentially being shared.

Brett and Roger James were an interesting earlier case. Has there been others?
How close were Smith and Polec?

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour Jack Luk-no-sius

Remove this Banner Ad

Back