Speculation Jackson Macrae [UFA 2027]

Remove this Banner Ad

"Cal Twomey stated that the deal for Alex Neal-Bullen will be the 1st trade completed on Day One for Adelaide's pick 25.

ANB is a half forward who kicked 9 goals this year, has never been All Australian and never finished in the top 5 of the Dees B&F. He will be 29 when next season starts. He is contracted for 2 more seasons.

Jack Macrae turned 30 last month. He is contracted for 3 more seasons, is a 3x AA who has consistently been in the Top 5 of the Sutton Medal, yet pick 24 is too much for the Saints to give up?? Pick 43 is more realistic? What am I missing here? In what world is ANB more valuable than Jack Macrae?"

Just because Adelaide are overpaying, doesn't mean that St Kilda have to.

There’s no way pick 43 gets the deal done.

Macrae wasn't even in the top 10 of the Doggies B&F last year, and won't come close this year either. He's on significant coin, he's not in the club's future plans, he wants out, and he has been an excellent clubman who the Dogs will want to do right by. Anything more than pick 43 is charity

What am I missing here? In what world is ANB more valuable than Jack Macrae?"
ANB is first 18 every week,i mean that sticks out like dogs(pardon the pun)baxxs,if you cant see that you dont want to

im pretty sure it will all run smoothly,just as sure that the saints aint giving up 24,so work it out another way

He won’t, dogs just trying to get best they can but will be lucky to get 43 tbh this might be hard for few dogs supporters to sallow but if won’t be more than 43
Lol

It's well known the dogs don't have cap issues. If we trade out all our midfield depth we'd be screwed. So they won't unless saints actually give something of value.

You can forget this "salary dump, dogs will get reamed" shit. Some awful takes on your board.

Its all posturing people and media speculation at this time of year. For all we know the two clubs have already agreed on a deal, it will get done.

The Saints will relent eventually if they can’t bring in another decent mid. Maybe if they get a Peatling or similar the need might fall away a bit. But it’s a pretty tough sell for them to say a third round pick like 43 was too much to pay to have a competitive midfield in 2025. Particularly with their best clearance winner soon to spend a lot more time forward.

all posturing, pick 43 or whatever it is probably sounds about right along with some meaningless swaps.
If he ends up staying on I dont think it's that big a deal anyway. We're losing midfield depth, possibly garcia too. There will be a role for Jack, might not be exactly the one he wants but we've been lucky as far as midfielders and injuries.That can change quickly and he'd be straight back in the guts anyway

Remove this Banner Ad

Speculation Jackson Macrae [UFA 2027]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back