• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Oct 9, 2015
Melbourne
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Melbourne Vixens

On behalf of all of us who have long had a man crush on Waterman, I thought it only fair to offer an amnesty to all those that thought Jake was only WAFL quality, too tall, too short, too slow, too lazy, too goal hungry, too good looking, too... whatever it was that held you back from admitting Jake was a quality footballer.

So now is your chance, go on and click that little button and then you can celebrate the G Train's coleman medal run guilt free. You're welcome.

I’ll take a little victory lap - had some high hopes after being at that Gather Round game against Geelong last year where he and Oscar were brilliant.

Cant say I saw him breaking out like THIS so soon especially after his illness last year.

Bloody rapt for him

Last edited:
Im also taking a victory lap.

Any with an eye for talent knew Jake capability. There was a period last year where he had a string of games he did not much which did wobble me.

But I always knew he had it. He should have played in 2018 grand final. He should have been given the opportunity to play more very early on over Oscar Allen. In every opportunity he wasn't given a fair shake always on the edge.

Not to bring up old wounds but I'm very salty we tried to **** with his contract. I wouldn't go as far as I want names and firings since it all worked out. But it could have been Rioli 2.0. with him leaving.

I am please next contract he will get the money he missed out on.

I once made a positive remark on Facebook about Waterman's selection. Got a thumbs up from a couple of Waterman's. No doubt they were immediate family members.

So I can claim to have always been on the G-trains bandwagon.

Its at a point where we have to figure out where to put Allen in the team.
Jakes form the last month has been insane, like its all just clicked and everything makes sense now.
No doubt he's put a mountain of training in over the summer, and you can see it at the ground with his running patterns.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've liked Jake since his debut in 2018. Harshly maligned on here throughout 2020-2023 when there were plenty of other problem players in the team. He was also behind JK, JD and then Oscar Allen all of those years. I'm glad he's tearing the competition a new one albeit I didn't think he'd be quite this good.

Its at a point where we have to figure out where to put Allen in the team.
Jakes form the last month has been insane, like its all just clicked and everything makes sense now.
No doubt he's put a mountain of training in over the summer, and you can see it at the ground with his running patterns.
CHF. Where he always should've been. Though his durability concerns me.

Re Waterman the penny dropped for me when he was sent back to the WAFL and started kicking bags playing out of the goalsquare. It was clearly his best position but no one was going to push out JK and then we preferred Allen in the role.

Have to admit one thing I didn't see coming was the improvement in his contested marking. He's been beastly this season.

Massive leap of faith when the club and lecca decided to give him the #2 jumper and now he is living up to lecca’s boots. Very reminiscent of lecca in his AA year where he basically caried that forwardline when the team stunk
was that the year he became the ledozen?

I don't rate him as a wingman, despite his ridiculous running capacity I find his kicking too up and under and he's not clean enough below his knees.

As a primarily deep forward he's obviously been outstanding. Still getting up the ground and presenting for an outlet kick which is a huge strength to run his bigger backman off their feet.

What has surprised me most about his evolooshion is his ridiculous strength in contested marking. Just did not see it coming at all.

On a side note can anyone find the pic of him jamming his fingers up a teammates arse after kicking a goal? Cannot seem to locate it anywhere.

Who were the posters that didn't rate him? I'd like some names.

Actually kicking goals when a game isn’t dead and buried would be a decent marker

I haven’t death ridden Jake the past four weeks.. I still think he won’t be anymore than he is, a back up who might do something every so often but no doubt he will get to extend his time out to 8 years Nelson style. Bravo Jake

We played him too much up the ground before now is the obvious difference.

When Oscar Allen is back, Big O probably needs to play a bit further up the ground then he has in the past. Id like to think if Oscar can play up the ground a bit more, he can get a undersized opponent tracking him which will increase his influence too as someone who can be more of a contest provider at HFF then Darling is

Remove this Banner Ad

Jake Waterman Amnesty

Back