Jason Cripps - 50 Games - An Inspiration

Remove this Banner Ad

Apr 20, 2001
Adelaide Oval / Anfield
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Adelaide Utd,Liverpool, WWT Eagles.
Congratulations to Jason Cripps for getting through injury hell to be able to play his 50th Game this week.

He is a true inspiration to all footy fans and especially to players who have had multiple long term injuries.

Being bed ridden for four months would have been a terrible thing for an elite athelete to cope with.

When he came back against the Crows last year, he played a great game even though the Saints were thumped. I was very pleased for him.

Jason - I dedicate my 3000th post to you - well done.

Likewise, congrats Jason & best of luck for your 50th game.

Jars I would congratulate you on your milestone, but I know how much you dislike milestone pat on the backs threads, so I won't.

congrats crippa

this is one of the most celebrated 50 game milestones that i can remember. there has been a number of great articles in the papers this week outlining the struggles that crippa has been through to realise his goals of playing afl football.

i am sure some of his team mates wished that they could have missed the last couple of years. ;) :D

he is a good tough hard running player who adds a bit of grunt to the side. it is ironic that his return from injury coincides with the clubs worst injury list in history. hopefully he can go on and play many more games for the saints starting with a win against the dogs this week. :D

You congrats Crippa!
Makes one realise what some of our footy players go through to play the game they love.
The sheer emotion by Cripps after goaling in the first couple of minutes in his comeback match was something to behold (unfortunately ther rest of the game was something to behold for a number of other reasons:( ).

Good luck on your 50th. If anybody doubts the committment of players in footy just have a gander at the likes of Cripps, or have a look at the great doco "The year of the Dogs", about 6 years old now, but gives an insight on how knocked around the players get.

I know you hate them, but either conciously or subconciously you have started not only a Jason Cripps milestone thread, but a Jars458 milestone thread.

But I won't congratulate you because there'd really be no point.

Originally posted by Squeak
I know you hate them, but either conciously or subconciously you have started not only a Jason Cripps milestone thread, but a Jars458 milestone thread.

But I won't congratulate you because there'd really be no point.

Discovered!!!

No - its a certain type of peanut gallery milestone thread I don't like.

Somebody help me out here....

Who was that Carlton player who a few years ago played his fiftieth game after about ten years at the club? He was held in similar regard as Cripps.

Well done Jason...another one of Marcellin College's finest, a great player too.

I reckon his effort in getting 29 possessions in his 1st game back last year (in a side that was flogged) was a brilliant performance.

Didn't he play 3 games in a row under 3 different coaches?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Originally posted by GOALden Hawk
Well done Jason...another one of Marcellin College's finest, a great player too.

I reckon his effort in getting 29 possessions in his 1st game back last year (in a side that was flogged) was a brilliant performance.

Didn't he play 3 games in a row under 3 different coaches?

Sure did.

It would have been around round 5 in 1998 under Stan Alves that he played his last game before injury, the next was under Malcolm Blight (in his last game as coach) in round 15 2001 and finally Grant Thomas two weeks later (after injuring his hand against the crows). He didn't play a game during the Tim Watson reign.

It's been a hard period for the club but it's people like Crippa that typify what can be achieved when you put your heart and soul into it. If we can start to have some on-field success there will be no player that deserves it more than him.

That certainly took a while. But i guess congrats are in order (to Cripps that is). Hey Jars 3000 posts well done. Just a question for you on the topic of time taken to reach 50 games, do you think Fitzgerald will ever make it? If so how many years would it take? About 15-20 on current form:D :D

Btw bad luck on todays game. Go the Dees:D

Remove this Banner Ad

Jason Cripps - 50 Games - An Inspiration

Remove this Banner Ad

Back