Jason Winderlich

Remove this Banner Ad

richie_cole#13

Senior List
Oct 8, 2003
Melbourne
Other Teams
Collingwood
If anyone gets Winderlich from Essendon at the end of this year it will be the Pies. Our scouts have been watching him all year. Not so sure if he will leave, just that we are the most interested club by a mile...

From what I understand it will involve something that essendon sees as being around the value of a second round draft pick. You're looking at Cole etc. Talk of Walker for Winderlich with varying draft picks to even it up.

Apparently we are after him cos he has pace and semi decent skills and his value is as low as it will be due to not playing regular seniors. He has been overtaken by Stanton etc so we want him now for cheap.

Can anyone tell me what role John(?) Hook plays. His name was involved in there somewhere as being the source of the information. He was watching Essendon and Bendigo a bit this year.

Why would we want a player who struggled to get a spot in a poor midfield and has been passed this year by numerous players? We aren't short of also-rans we are short of class - Paul Williams and Nick Davis style.

not worth trading cole unless for a first round pick or a decent player eg bartle salopek polak! you have to give cole a chance he has had one bad season thats it! its not the first time a youngin has had a bad year and it wont be the last!

richie_cole#13 said:
Can anyone tell me what role John(?) Hook plays. His name was involved in there somewhere as being the source of the information. He was watching Essendon and Bendigo a bit this year.
John Hook's role is as chief negotiator and also to keep a close eye on rival AFL and VFL teams.

I don't like having to deal with the Scum!

Don't forget Winderlich was a first rounder as well, Essendon will not want to let him go for nothing. I'd be happy with Cole for Winderlich, he has plenty of pace I reckon he has more of an upside, but I don't think Essendon would do that deal.

cole will not be traded by collingwood. unfortunately he was just resigned for 2 more years

magpies42 said:
not worth trading cole unless for a first round pick or a decent player eg bartle salopek polak! you have to give cole a chance he has had one bad season thats it! its not the first time a youngin has had a bad year and it wont be the last!

dreaming in getting a first round draft pick for cole. had a poor season in a struggling side even though he had injuries

(Log in to remove this ad.)

pieman1 said:
Agree with Stan, if he was any good they would keep him.

richie_cole#13 said:
Apparently we are after him cos he has pace and semi decent skills and his value is as low as it will be due to not playing regular seniors. He has been overtaken by Stanton etc so we want him now for cheap

You guys don't appear to understand how trades work. You have to give quality to get quality, surely you realise that? Unfortunately I think he may be on the table, because exactly as I said, he's one of those quality players who haven't made it for whatever reason, but are still very good players.

Stan. said:
Winderlich is crap.

You just don't know footy at all, straight up.

Winderlich is a great player, the fastest at Essendon. Was injured for much of the year. I don't want to lose him at all.

Winderlich is crap. May have potential, but whenever he breaks into the seniors, he quickly breaks back to the reserves. I've watched his career, and yes he is quick. Richie Cole though, has more potential than Winderlich, but we want a midfielder, and maybe Winderlich in the PSD and not a trade.

Lance Uppercut said:
Winderlich is a great player, the fastest at Essendon. Was injured for much of the year. I don't want to lose him at all.

What has Winderlich done to make him a great player. He has his opportunities and ********s them up, despite a good finish to the season. He might be quick, but that doesn't make him a good player. Only averages 8 disposals per game, so needs to get more time in the middle. Has had 3 years of playing footy, don't think he is too much value.

Lance Uppercut said:
You guys don't appear to understand how trades work. You have to give quality to get quality, surely you realise that? Unfortunately I think he may be on the table, because exactly as I said, he's one of those quality players who haven't made it for whatever reason, but are still very good players.

You can't ask too much for a player who struggled to break into a bottom 4 side.

Lance Uppercut said:
You have to give quality to get quality, surely you realise that? Unfortunately I think he may be on the table, because exactly as I said, he's one of those quality players who haven't made it for whatever reason, but are still very good players.
The whatever reason is his quality, or lack thereof. He would have had every opportunity over the last 2 years in a midfield crying out for what he is supposed to have. Our midfield is the same and if he couldn't make it in yours he won’t make it in ours.

Agree with Mark. Essendon's midfield is pretty ordinary and if WInderlich cant make the team maybe he doesnt have much of future.

I's much rather look at B Murphy, Birss Power or others at Werribee, because Footscray have a genuine quality midfield (Cross Hahn West Cooney R Murphy Giansiracusa Gilbee Griffen Boyd Ray Eagleton ) who are keeping these players out of the senior team.

Lance Uppercut said:
You just don't know footy at all, straight up.

Winderlich is a great player, the fastest at Essendon.

thats funny i thought u had a guy named andrew lovett who was in the top 3 quickest in the league alongside davey.
maybe u dont know footy buddy.

hotpie said:
Agree with Mark. Essendon's midfield is pretty ordinary and if WInderlich cant make the team maybe he doesnt have much of future.

I's much rather look at B Murphy, Birss or others at Werribee, because Footscray have a genuine quality midfield (Cross Hahn West Cooney R Murphy Giansiracusa etc) who are keeping these players out of the senior team.

It's not always true. Good players can often utilise the opportunity to move to a different club, and get a new opportunity. even if he doesnt make it at essendon he could go to a different club and be motivated to improve to a good footballer.

But it is for this reason I don't think his trade would be worthy of a "quality" player as referred above.

Worth a punt on a 3rd rounder or so, but thats about it.

I wouldnt trade Cole for him, as I still believe Cole could still be a player, and we've invested too much in him to just trade him off cheaply.

If I had the choice between a player who had had opportunity and a player who has been denied opportunity, I'd choose the latter every time.

Winderlich has had chances.

Remove this Banner Ad

Jason Winderlich

Remove this Banner Ad

Back