Recommitted Jedd Busslinger [Signed until 2026]

Remove this Banner Ad

Stop talking Rubbish JOD has actually performed well AFL level
Ive said that previously but he was a absolute abomination in his first 10 games. He got more opportunities and more and he has finally proved his worth. Id say Jedd probably sitting there wondering why he cant get the chances O'Donnell got

Ive said that previously but he was a absolute abomination in his first 10 games. He got more opportunities and more and he has finally proved his worth. Id say Jedd probably sitting there wondering why he cant get the chances O'Donnell got
Jedd Will get his chance he was named emergency so the kid is close

He will get his chance at literally any other club in the league and would have done so by now if he was anywhere else. Why wait in the emergencies on a much lower salary in a state away from home just cos someone drafted you?
So any other club would have thrown the poor kid to the wolves coming off a bad shoulder injury ?

So any other club would have thrown the poor kid to the wolves coming off a bad shoulder injury ?
No, but he would be playing this week and not waiting in the emergencies

Anyway can you answer my second question and not skip it

Why would he wait in the emergencies on a much lower salary in a state away from home just cos someone drafted you?

No, but he would be playing this week and not waiting in the emergencies

Anyway can you answer my second question and not skip it

Why would he wait in the emergencies on a much lower salary in a state away from home just cos someone drafted you?
If he wants to go back home and leaves then so be it. I find it laughable that you think JOD is getting a game because he’s dad played cricket which is completely false

If he wants to go back home and leaves then so be it. I find it laughable that you think JOD is getting a game because he’s dad played cricket which is completely false
Sorry didn’t explain that well. I meant he got ample opportunities for that reason. He had the worst first 10 games I’ve seen in a long time and was playing week in week out. If Busslinger isn’t afforded the same. I do find that odd

JOD was thrown forward at the start in 2023 because I think someone was out of the side at the time. And Khamis didn't work out. Then moved back. Not really the same. JOD didn't have an prior injury issues either and could run out games at AFL level already.

Sorry didn’t explain that well. I meant he got ample opportunities for that reason. He had the worst first 10 games I’ve seen in a long time and was playing week in week out. If Busslinger isn’t afforded the same. I do find that odd
Lol Busslinger was nowhere near deserving of AFL games last year and has only hit his stride in the VFL the last month. JOD took a handful of games to get going no doubt but by the end of last year was widely seen as our 2nd choice key defender.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You do realise this is a professional sports competition? He's not going to be sitting around thinking anything, the coaching staff would be telling him whats going on.
And O'Donnell is playing ahead of him because he's more physically developed, it's not exactly rocket science.

He will get his chance at literally any other club in the league and would have done so by now if he was anywhere else. Why wait in the emergencies on a much lower salary in a state away from home just cos someone drafted you?

No offence, but do you watch VFL or are you just going off his stats? I get the interest from Perth based supporters but unless you actually watch our VFL games you’re just blind speculating. And it seems like you haven’t seen Jedd play at all in the last two years if you actually believe he’d just be walking into any other side.

The problem with this is it completely ignores that there was a role in defence for O’Donnell last year (although he started forward). We haven’t needed Busslinger so far this year, so it’s hardly a like for like scenario. He’s simply younger and not as good as O’Donnell. He might be able to displace Khamis as our third KPD/interceptor soon, whose form has tapered, and now that Keath is injured and O’Donnell is our 2nd KPD. Even then, I personally think Buss is too slow and unathletic for that role at AFL level.

If we had to lose one of O’Donnell or Busslinger to trade I’d pack Busslinger’s bags every day of the week.

Tom Barrass for him and the Bailey Smith compensation

Tom Barrass for him and the Bailey Smith compensation
If it is Jed for Barrass there won't be that much added on,

Tom Boyd was for Ryan Griffen who was AA a year prior and a first round pick,

Obviously Jedd wasn't pick 1 though so would be more likely Jedd and a 2nd if he is involved or just the Smith Compo

If it is Jed for Barrass there won't be that much added on,

Tom Boyd was for Ryan Griffen who was AA a year prior and a first round pick,

Obviously Jedd wasn't pick 1 though so would be more likely Jedd and a 2nd if he is involved or just the Smith Compo
Boyd was traded for pick 6 and Griffin, but Griffen's back was shot.

Not keen one bit on paying big for what could easily be a Ryan Griffen situation, 20 mediocre games before injuries finish his career.

Misses a lot of games.

Boyd was traded for pick 6 and Griffin, but Griffen's back was shot.

Not keen one bit on paying big for what could easily be a Ryan Griffen situation, 20 mediocre games before injuries finish his career.

Misses a lot of games.
Barrass also has a shot back

Remove this Banner Ad

Recommitted Jedd Busslinger [Signed until 2026]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back