Traded Jeremy Cameron [traded w/ 2x 2021 R2 (ESS/GWS) to Geelong for #13, #15, #20 and 2021 R4]

Who won this trade?

• GWS

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Geelong

Votes: 2 100.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Or we take him at 6 in the draft. Game glitch. lulz
It would be interesting if Geelong got to pick 6 and there is a draftee they wanted but didn't think they could get, would they really want to use that pick on Cameron

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nice try... you have continued to add mature players... why am I even justifying facts... The oldest side ever. More importantly your best players are all around 30 or older. Pretty simple I would’ve thought.
But hey, you keep chasing that dragon.
In fact, the way Geelong keep denying it just makes the fall off the cliff inevitably worse.

Nice try... you have continued to add mature players... why am I even justifying facts... The oldest side ever. More importantly your best players are all around 30 or older. Pretty simple I would’ve thought.
But hey, you keep chasing that dragon.
Yeah the point is to keep chasing the dragon....

If you are able to finish top 4 and compete by topping up with mature players then that's how you do it.

Your not justifying facts. You're trying to justify nothing. All you've said in this thread is that old side = bad. Yet right in front of your face is the oldest side in the history of the VFL/AFL about to line up in yet another preliminary final.

I'm at a loss as to how the age of a side matters when you finish top 4.
The aim of the game is to win. You finish top 4 and you have a chance to win.
. .. if you can win a preliminary final... ;)

In fact, the way Geelong keep denying it just makes the fall off the cliff inevitably worse.

Yet one of us is in another Prelim, 3 AA selections, a Coleman Medalist, isn't losing any Best 22 players, and another finished 9th and is losing 2, potentially 3...wonder who's going to go off the cliff first

Yeah the point is to keep chasing the dragon....

If you are able to finish top 4 and compete by topping up with mature players then that's how you do it.

Your not justifying facts. You're trying to justify nothing. All you've said in this thread is that old side = bad. Yet right in front of your face is the oldest side in the history of the VFL/AFL about to line up in yet another preliminary final.
You’re ability to comprehend is terrible. Not once have I said old side equals bad.
Extremely old side should be good. An extremely old side is also in trouble in a couple of years.
Anything else you need help comprehending?

Yet one of us is in another Prelim, 3 AA selections, a Coleman Medalist, isn't losing any Best 22 players, and another finished 9th and is losing 2, potentially 3...wonder who's going to go off the cliff first
Look at the average age of the midfields and that should give you a guide 😉

You’re ability to comprehend is terrible. Not once have I said old side equals bad.
Extremely old side should be good. An extremely old side is also in trouble in a couple of years.
So your whole point about posting is that if a side is old it's in trouble in a couple of years...

Right. Good contribution

Might i suggest that your argument might hold a lot more weight if you kept your powder dry until later tonight. I love a Geelong pile on as much as the next flog, but they are in a prelim.

Look at the average age of the midfields and that should give you a guide 😉

Well not all of us can keep getting gifted 1st rounders and draft concessions. Some of us have to do it without the AFL's help.

Doesn't matter though, you keep shedding 1st rounders like they're going out of style, and losing currency with each trade. You'll get another few this year, they won't be able to break into the midfield with all your million dollar mids who aren't retiring anytime soon. Then, clubs will come with bigger offers and the prospect of game-time for high-end fringe players, and thus, you'll have to give them up for a smaller return. This will mean you only have your extremely high paid core, and nothing but fringe players and club discards.

Enjoy the cliff :)

As fun as this conversation has been for all of you, it's gone so far from Jeremy Cameron I thought I had stumbled into the geelong thread, keep it on Jez from now on

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My prediction is Cameron will stay at GWS, he is using market interest to get the best contract he can with GWS

On SM-G973F using BigFooty.com mobile app

That's not what the tea leaves have blowing in Melbourne. I think he will announce his decision that he is taking his talents to Corio Bay, once Geelong's finals series is over.

If he was starting at GWS, it would have been announced by now. He is Gone.

Might i suggest that your argument might hold a lot more weight if you kept your powder dry until later tonight. I love a Geelong pile on as much as the next flog, but they are in a prelim.

Wonder if he has anything to say now. Can guarantee that we'll put up a better contest than GWS last year

Same old tired rhetoric.

All these possible Best 22 players are 27 or under -

Stewart, Henry, Kolo, Miers, O'Connor, Ratugolea, Constable, Narkle, Clark, Close, Atkins, Simpson, Bews, Fogarty, Parfitt. 3 first round draft picks to come this year, on top of that, plus 2 from last year - De Koning and Stephens - and Ablett and Taylor retiring. We also have fringe players who haven't debuted yet/played very little.

We're fine thanks
Your cutting Narkle

Your cutting Narkle

Lol there's literally no info one way or the other on that. He lives with Ratugolea and Parfitt, so he's pretty settled. Yes he could leave, but he also could stay if list cuts aren't that big and he's happy. Cockatoo and Constable are pretty much guaranteed to be gone, Narkle is not as certain

Same old tired rhetoric.

All these possible Best 22 players are 27 or under -

Stewart, Henry, Kolo, Miers, O'Connor, Ratugolea, Constable, Narkle, Clark, Close, Atkins, Simpson, Bews, Fogarty, Parfitt. 3 first round draft picks to come this year, on top of that, plus 2 from last year - De Koning and Stephens - and Ablett and Taylor retiring. We also have fringe players who haven't debuted yet/played very little.

We're fine thanks
I guess the main concern is that almost 40% of games played at Geelong this year were played by players who were originally drafted in 2009 or earlier. So your 22 there is less experienced than it otherwise might be.

I was also interested to notice that you have no one from the 2011, 2014 or 2015 drafts featured in your side at all this year. Hardly the only club with those sort of stats but yeah. Interesting.

Reckon you’re going alright though, I tipped Geelong for premiers weeks ago 😊 and that’s the aim of the game, right?

Anyway, bit off the beaten track now. We can talk about Geelong’s list in their club thread: https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/geelong.1223176/

Remove this Banner Ad

Traded Jeremy Cameron [traded w/ 2x 2021 R2 (ESS/GWS) to Geelong for #13, #15, #20 and 2021 R4]

Back