Traded Jesse Hogan [traded with #65 to Fremantle for #6 and #23]

Remove this Banner Ad

Just to be clear May will require a top 5 pick, you wouldn’t want to try and lowball us after screaming at Freo for (rightly) being campaigners.

Freo not doing themselves any favours by knocking back pick 4 for Neale and then offering up rubbish for Hogan after chasing him for years. Dick move

I really don't want Melbourne to get May, really overrated and misses way to many games because of brain fades.

Some classic saltiness here. I wish most of you punters were running your clubs. It would be even better for Freo.
FACT- We have the currency to get Lobb and keep Neale as it stands.
FACT- We don't have a top 5 pick as it stands.
FACT- Ball is in your court Brisbane.
FACT- We will be well compensated for Neale next year as a RFA 8n he wants out.

A 23 yr old key forward star being offered in a trade for pick 11 and a future 2nd rounder is NOT market value. Lmao. The term 'market value' is the complete opposite of that trade.

Market value is what the market is willing to offer.

We're the market.

Pick 11 and a future second feels like a panic offer from noobs who want to appear to be pros. Given that Hogan is still undecided on whether to go or stay, he actually loves Melbourne, he may just get shitty, or see that Freo are two-bit amateur and decide never to go there.

Pick 11 and a future second feels like a panic offer from noobs who want to appear to be pros. Given that Hogan is still undecided on whether to go or stay, he actually loves Melbourne, he may just get shitty, or see that Freo are two-bit amateur and decide never to go there.

You'd think Melbourne would swoop on this opportunity to besmirch our heartless and noobiness approach and convince Jesse to stay.

It's almost as if Melbourne appear to want to trade?

We're the market.

No, that isn't how it works lmao. You're not the market. You're a desperate club in need of a key forward who is from WA so he doesn't go home. The market value is the mean of what players are going for and being traded for. Look at how Fremantle is demanding something better than pick 5 for Neale, Shiel is being touted to be traded for two first rounders? Wingard is pick 15 and Burton? Yet you're saying pick 11 and a future 2nd is 'market value' for Hogan?

You have no idea.

We're the market.

You're trying to buy something that technically isnt up for sale and until it has a for sale sign, there is no market involved.

If you dont wish to make an offer that we like (2 first round picks), then roll the dice and wait another 12 months. You can better your bottom dollar the market will be a lot more open and aggressive then.

Melbourne don't trade Hogan unless it can get May this year. GC won't accept anything less than pick 5 and why would they when they can hold onto May and get a high pick when he leaves end of next year.

A lot can happen in a year. We keep Hogan and try and sign him on. Hardly sounds like he's desperate to leave but $1.5m a year is hard to refuse. Neale on the other hand sounds like he's adamant he wants to go - I mean not even Peter Bell could convince him to stay!

If Bris trade 5 to the crows then a lot of these deals fall over.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Melbourne don't trade Hogan unless it can get May this year. GC won't accept anything less than pick 5 and why would they when they can hold onto May and get a high pick when he leaves end of next year.

A lot can happen in a year. We keep Hogan and try and sign him on. Hardly sounds like he's desperate to leave but $1.5m a year is hard to refuse. Neale on the other hand sounds like he's adamant he wants to go - I mean not even Peter Bell could convince him to stay!

If Bris trade 5 to the crows then a lot of these deals fall over.

Hogan still gets done if pick 5 isn’t there & Freo get a couple picks instead.

May becomes difficult.

It's amazing how many people don't understand that this is the best offer Freo can do at this point in time. You cannot trade picks you don't have yet.
This is why what Freo has done is even more stupid. You hold tentative negotiations based on the Neale projections and put out feelers, not insult clubs based on the moment.

No, that isn't how it works lmao. You're not the market. You're a desperate club in need of a key forward who is from WA so he doesn't go home. The market value is the mean of what players are going for and being traded for. Look at how Fremantle is demanding something better than pick 5 for Neale, Shiel is being touted to be traded for two first rounders? Wingard is pick 15 and Burton? Yet you're saying pick 11 and a future 2nd is 'market value' for Hogan?

You have no idea.

It's an opening offer and it will depend on the Neale deal is what I actually think.

I do agree with your last point....I'm like a Bigfooty version of trade radio - I'm talking shit until something worth talking about happens.

Last edited:
Melb: What's your starting offer? 2 first rounders & future 2nd?

Freo: No

Melb: 2 first rounders?

Freo: No

Melb: Are you even interested? Just make a satrting offer?

Freo: I think it would be better if we start at us making no offer

Melb: WTF?

what on earth are you on? melbourne stated day 1 that we wanted 2 first rounders for him. it was freo that took 3 days to come up with pick 11 and a future 2nd. lol. Of course not offering would have been better as you know what we need to get it done. hogan will play for us next season unless you pay us what the market historically says he is worth. freo fans say 'we are pushing him out the door' etc. are so dumb. he clearly wants to return to his home state and we are trying to work out a fair deal.

Exactly. Hence why we don't trade Hogan to you.

Well I think you still do purely cause of the draft. Ben King might still be there, then another Vic mid. Just tops up an already solid list in a strong draft.

But its all conjecture.

I think you’ll see Neale get done today. Or progress at least.

If I’m Adelaide I’m trying to swap with Saints, not Brisbane anyways. Gives Port less room to move

I think it's an opening offer and it will depend on the Neale deal is what I actually think.

I do agree with your last point....I'm like a Bigfooty version of trade radio - I'm talking shit until something worth talking about happens.

Yes, thank you. Now you're talking some sense.

It's an opening offer, which I completely understand. Fremantle only have this to offer right now. Melbourne politely declines and I doubt Fremantle actually expected us to think we would come close to accepting that offer. From here negotiations will go back and forth, Neale trade will get done and both clubs will meet at a happy-medium for the trade to get completed.

You're trying to buy something that technically isnt up for sale and until it has a for sale sign, there is no market involved.

If you dont wish to make an offer that we like (2 first round picks), then roll the dice and wait another 12 months. You can better your bottom dollar the market will be a lot more open and aggressive then.

We dont have 2 1st rounders ATM.

I don't think you'll accept a conditional offer.

Yes, thank you. Now you're talking some sense.

It's an opening offer, which I completely understand. Fremantle only have this to offer right now. Melbourne politely declines and I doubt Fremantle actually expected us to think we would come close to accepting that offer. From here negotiations will go back and forth, Neale trade will get done and both clubs will meet at a happy-medium for the trade to get completed.

It's more fun when we disagree.

Remove this Banner Ad

Traded Jesse Hogan [traded with #65 to Fremantle for #6 and #23]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back