Lions43

All Australian
Jun 18, 2003
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Brisbane
Like most I'm saddened by the loss of Braddy but in a pure football sense I don't think it will hurt us too much in the long-run. It may even be a real blessing for the next 6-7 years if it frees enough $$$ up for Jesse Smith.

Does anyone have any additional information on today's revelation that Smith may end up a Lion?

I'll never forget watching the curtain raiser to the 2004 GF and seeing Smith carve it up. Injuries aside, he has confirmed that talent in limited AFL game time and if he can get that hamstring right I have no doubt he is a potential star.

The question that will have to be answered is how we can get him as I've no doubt others with a pick before us will be interested. Maybe he can put enough $$$ on his head to frighten others away and we can swoop with the money we save on Braddy?

No doubting he has some ability but you don't like his chances of getting on the park. We have already taken a punt with Clarke. Along with Drummond, Brennan, Clark etc that is enough injury prone players for me.

There was talk during trade week that he had been traded to Geelong but failed his medical and that his body was shot. Might or might not be true but given his injury history I would be reluctant especially when we already have so many HBFers in our team.

Like most I'm saddened by the loss of Braddy but in a pure football sense I don't think it will hurt us too much in the long-run. It may even be a real blessing for the next 6-7 years if it frees enough $$$ up for Jesse Smith.

Does anyone have any additional information on today's revelation that Smith may end up a Lion?

I'll never forget watching the curtain raiser to the 2004 GF and seeing Smith carve it up. Injuries aside, he has confirmed that talent in limited AFL game time and if he can get that hamstring right I have no doubt he is a potential star.

The question that will have to be answered is how we can get him as I've no doubt others with a pick before us will be interested. Maybe he can put enough $$$ on his head to frighten others away and we can swoop with the money we save on Braddy?

Lions43, Jesse Smith was ok in this GF, i think you will find that it was infact Jesse D Smith that dominated, 43possies and a BOG medal,then rookie listed to the blues,

In saying this Jesse Smith would be more then a handy replacement for Jmac,

There was talk during trade week that he had been traded to Geelong but failed his medical and that his body was shot. Might or might not be true but given his injury history I would be reluctant especially when we already have so many HBFers in our team.

My son,a Roos supporter in Melbourne,saw him as much more than a HBF if he ever got his body right - obviously the Roos wanted to keep this F/S talent but he became disenchanted with the club.

With the injury history and other interested parties I am not getting too excited at this stage.

Remove this Banner Ad

Jesse Smith??

Remove this Banner Ad

Back