Welcome Joel Hamling - Welcome to Freo!

Remove this Banner Ad

Happy with this. Watched him closely in the finals. He was very very good. Will be a surprisingly good pickup. And will be super happy to play woth his best mate Kersten when we sort that trade out.

Happy players play well
Joel should be a great pick up for the Dockers. Sad to see him leave the dogs. Dont see him playing much with Kersten though. Kersten not in Dockers best 22 and will spend most of his time in the WAFL.

I hope we give them 61

I would love to give them 61 for Kersten but Bulldogs might not be happy with that. We have pick 7, 40, 63 now.

Welcome to Freo Joel, your mate Shane will be joining you soon. Really looking forward to Joel and Alex Pearce playing together for many years down back and learning from MJ/SNOS. Both have height and speed and will be difficult to beat and opposition will not be able to flip their forwards to get an easy match up between those two.

I would love to give them 61 for Kersten but Bulldogs might not be happy with that. We have pick 7, 40, 63 now.

Welcome to Freo Joel, your mate Shane will be joining you soon. Really looking forward to Joel and Alex Pearce playing together for many years down back and learning from MJ/SNOS. Both have height and speed and will be difficult to beat and opposition will not be able to flip their forwards to get an easy match up between those two.
We'll def take pick 61 for Kersten. Cheers.

finish top 4 the last few years and no one wanted to come over, finish bottom 4 and now they are banging down the door to get in, WTF!
Easier to crack the best 22 of a weaker team

finish top 4 the last few years and no one wanted to come over, finish bottom 4 and now they are banging down the door to get in, WTF!
When freo in top 4 other club also dont have salary cap pressure.ross also dont like to play 18 to 19 years old much so sub them with 21-23 years old

There is an 'unknown' element to Hamling that makes this trade all the more exciting - he played an awesome late-season and finals campaign this year and toweled up Buddy. On the other hand he hasn't played a huge amount of footy before that.

I'd be resistant in calling him mid-tier or a stable, secure player - he has enough X-factor to be something massive for us. That's the beauty of being his age and in his position; I can't wait to see what he can do.

How do we discipline him when he pees on the furniture ?
Just rub his nose in it once or twice, he's a relatively quick learner.

You've done well here, he's ready to go and you'll get 100+ games out of him easily. With Pearce there he's a good no 2 defender.

There is an 'unknown' element to Hamling that makes this trade all the more exciting - he played an awesome late-season and finals campaign this year and toweled up Buddy. On the other hand he hasn't played a huge amount of footy before that.

I'd be resistant in calling him mid-tier or a stable, secure player - he has enough X-factor to be something massive for us. That's the beauty of being his age and in his position; I can't wait to see what he can do.
Youre right it is very exciting. It will be interesting to see who gets the number 1 forward, Hamling or Pearce? who do we see as more of our rebounding defender and who is the more of a lock down defender? or can we play Hamling, Pearce and Collins in the same team in the future once Johnson moves on. So many questions and so many new things to try out during the pre season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Kersten for 63....remember earlier today Lewis went for equivalent pick 61

Just about raps up one of the most impressive off seasons ive seen by a team, easily the best this year.

Not often you see a team recruit a KPF (capable of kicking over 50 a season) and a KPD (who after his finals series looks like an AA CHB).

Hill is also a handy player, you get the romance of the beothers playing together.

Top 8 looks likely, well played.

Id like to see how freos best team comes together on paper, things look more exciting than that 2013 side.

Just rub his nose in it once or twice, he's a relatively quick learner.

You've done well here, he's ready to go and you'll get 100+ games out of him easily. With Pearce there he's a good no 2 defender.

You recognize Alex Pearce as a future lynch pin primary key defender. Favourite dogs supporter to date.

Youre right it is very exciting. It will be interesting to see who gets the number 1 forward, Hamling or Pearce? who do we see as more of our rebounding defender and who is the more of a lock down defender? or can we play Hamling, Pearce and Collins in the same team in the future once Johnson moves on. So many questions and so many new things to try out during the pre season.

Collins takes the biggest forward, Pearce second, Hamling on the dangerous small / medium. Crozier main distributor out of defense and hopefully one of the youngsters like Tucker, Sheridan etc can step up into that kind of role also.

Spurr Collins Hamling
Crozier A.Pearce Sheridan

or something along those lines.

Just about raps up one of the most impressive off seasons ive seen by a team, easily the best this year.

Not often you see a team recruit a KPF (capable of kicking over 50 a season) and a KPD (who after his finals series looks like an AA CHB).

Hill is also a handy player, you get the romance of the beothers playing together.

Top 8 looks likely, well played.

Id like to see how freos best team comes together on paper, things look more exciting than that 2013 side.
As bennel was picked up with this year's 2ND Rounder and he didn't play last year. You could almost add him to the list

Collins takes the biggest forward, Pearce second, Hamling on the dangerous small / medium. Crozier main distributor out of defense and hopefully one of the youngsters like Tucker, Sheridan etc can step up into that kind of role also.

Spurr Collins Hamling
Crozier A.Pearce Sheridan

or something along those lines.

Unfortunately dawson will be in there..

Not so sure. I rate Dawson higher than most on here and believe he does a good job for us. Think we might see the changing of the guard this year and Dawson will be at least qualifying for the Peel finals.

I reckon A.Pearce gets No1, Hamling No2, Johnson as the third tall. Crozier and Weller rebounding.

Spurr - A.Pearce - Hamling
Crozier - Johnson - Weller

Remove this Banner Ad

Welcome Joel Hamling - Welcome to Freo!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back