Joel Smith

Remove this Banner Ad

rUsTy_mAgPiE

Senior List
Sep 18, 2002
Other Teams
Pies
just heard on SEN that Collingwood have made a major play and have offered him a lucrative contract (sen news dudes words)

better be thru the preseason draft if we get rid of pick 7 for someone of his age i'll do a richo hissy fit

rUsTy_mAgPiE said:
just heard on SEN that Collingwood have made a major play and have offered him a lucrative contract (sen news dudes words)

better be thru the preseason draft if we get rid of pick 7 for someone of his age i'll do a richo hissy fit

I dont want him, especially for pick 7.

23 and presti sounds about right or a straight swap for presti.

He can certainly play, but I'll be dirty if we miss the chance to pick up a talented youngster for a 28y.o. Hopefully the trade doesn't involve pick 7. I recall something along the lines of "Pick 7 is not for trade unless a real top liner becomes available" I hope they don't consider Smith a real top liner.

bucksisbest said:
I wouldn't want R Lonie as part of the deal (but he is still uncontracted).
There's no way pick 7 will be part of the deal.

i really dont know why ppl wanna trade lonie!

the kid is talented!

i'll be shattered if he's traded

Stan. said:
I dont want him, especially for pick 7.

23 and presti sounds about right or a straight swap for presti.

If Hawthorn were serious about the rebuilding and the Pies offered that they should take it (with pick 23).

If pick 7 is involved your recruiting team should go to back to the Peter Schwab school of recruiting!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hawka Deano said:
We will Just trade Smith and 10 for pick 7 and you can keep your duds!

Your kidding Hawka Deano. I think the actual proposed deal from the Pies makes the most sense.....Smith to Pies for picks 7 and 3rd rounder.

Smith may be 28 but is a dual all australian and class running half back with great foot skills and always finds his way out of traffic with ease. Has a good 4 seasons left and should play in the midfield for the Pies.

Note to Collingwood supporters.......stop trying to offload your pus to Hawthorn (ie. Shaw, McGough) it aint gonna happen.

What you are going to see is the Hawks end up with picks 2,5,7,10,21,26 as well as 2 third rounders in the November draft.
Can someone please forward my appreciation to Mick Malthouse for pick 7.

Cheers

junior27 said:
Your kidding Hawka Deano. I think the actual proposed deal from the Pies makes the most sense.....Smith to Pies for picks 7 and 3rd rounder.

Smith may be 28 but is a dual all australian and class running half back with great foot skills and always finds his way out of traffic with ease. Has a good 4 seasons left and should play in the midfield for the Pies.

Note to Collingwood supporters.......stop trying to offload your pus to Hawthorn (ie. Shaw, McGough) it aint gonna happen.

What you are going to see is the Hawks end up with picks 2,5,7,10,21,26 as well as 2 third rounders in the November draft.

Cheers

Well you can take away pick 10 from your list for starters.

Anyway, you want youth and we want to fine tune our list with a quick fix - we're both happy if the deal I stated goes through.

No need to be a smart-arse then, is there? ;)

junior27 said:

Crazy, we took a brownlow medalist for pick 16 or somethin and a percentage of his contract.

Smith for pick 23 and O'Bree. Perfect trade, we dont trade a top 10 pick for a guy with 3 or 4 seasons left, no left side and carries injuries.

Mcgough isnt a dud , actually junior i dont know if u watched the brownlow but for the games he did play he seemed to get votes in most of them. It doesnt mean if he cant get a game at collingwood he wouldn t get a game at the hawks as our midfield is clearly stronger. than your champion midfield of ummm .........who is there again ohh thats right mitchell, crawf and, and ummmm bateman?? He would probably be a handy player for you to add further depth to your already strong midfield :D

junior27 said:

Cheers

I am not saying Smith is crap, he is a gun, but I'd rather receive just the draft pick. Anyway, I thought this was hypothetical and everyone was just making up crap. Is this really gonna happen?

Hawka Deano said:
I am not saying Smith is crap, he is a gun, but I'd rather receive just the draft pick. Anyway, I thought this was hypothetical and everyone was just making up crap. Is this really gonna happen?

The deal I said (Pick 7 and McGough/Shaw/O'Bree for Pick 10 and J.Smith) is straight from Mark Robinson's mouth.

Make of that what you will.

leonmagic said:
The deal I said (Pick 7 and McGough/Shaw/O'Bree for Pick 10 and J.Smith) is straight from Mark Robinson's mouth.

Make of that what you will.

everyone knows that tool Robinson get half his stories from this website and others.

there is no guarantee anything will come of this just because Robinson said it would happen this way.

leonmagic said:
Rumoured deal;

Pick 7, S.O'Bree/R.Shaw/M.McGough --> Hawthorn
Pick 10, J.Smith --> Collingwood

Collingwood may then on-trade Pick 10 for B.Moloney.

that would be a ridiculous deal

wont be happy if we do that
throw in one of their earlier picks instead of 10, and then id consider about it

when you say mcgough/shaw/obree, do u mean one of, or all???

give em obree i have no problem with that, i wanna keep the other 2 though.

I'm having a good day when I get to cricket training and hear this Joel Smith business. Half my club barrack for Hawthorn and they say Smith for our no7. This cannot be possible! I hope to God this isn't true so I can tell them all to stick it on saturday. I found out later this 'information' eminated from Mark Robinson who couldn't pick out the color white in a snowstorm. I might now be able to get some sleep.

Remove this Banner Ad

Joel Smith

Remove this Banner Ad

Back