jonathan cheetham

Remove this Banner Ad

dazz123

Debutant
Oct 4, 2004
Other Teams
st kilda/ adelaide
wat does everyone think of this bloke do ya reckon he will get drafted this yr,i reckon hes a good player has struggled with injury this yr though

will go definatley. Going to draft camp. Is over his injury now. Most athletic big man ive seen in ages

Pretty good when he isn't injured. Def worth drafting has plenty of talent just hasn't extracted a heap out of himself yet at junior level mainly because of injuries. Good size and moves fairly well.

He bashed us in the game we played against Gleeson, apperently after bein injured for ages. Is tall and a good mark - too good for us
Is a big unit and very mobile. Seems to be suited to afl?

Lica.....
I heard about the Gleeson v Pedare game. I have mates at both schools. Did you play in it? or just watch? Heard u guys were absolutley cut up by Sparnon and Obushak in the midfield as well. What do u think of those two? Is Masters over Furno's big hit yet? Saw some footage of that bump. He hit him into next week!!

Watched Cheetham today in North Under 17's V South's and he wasn't that flash....didn't take many marks but dished out handball quite well when in tight. Conditions didn't really suit him that well I guess.

i dont know about cheetham, but ryan bennet for west adelaide has had a great year. I think he would be a chance for selection. thoughts?????

colin custard said:
who was good for north???

Uern got best again. Talent this kid, blonde mullet, stood out in forward line with some great goals. Millar was good, used ball well at times, Wright found a lot of it, showed some heart, Frederick was good, monster full back that fella and Stuart also played pretty well.

For South, I thought May was one of the best, played a spanking game with heaps of contested marks and hitouts. Boyd was good but not great, few disposal errors at times.

Bennett is a top fullback. I would be drafting him for sure, has room for improvment in his game, certainly a good head on his shoulders.

yer i play with him, makes me feel alot better knowing that he's on the same team as me. Clubs would have to like the way he busts through packs, and also can take a good grab, saved us many times in the backlines on the weekend

I saw that game as well, cheetham did play well and I thought that number 46 in the backlines played well, also gleeson's captain and another kid obushak i think. Gleeson had all the goods on Pedare but I aint sure it was that fair of a contest, Gleeson seemed a better unit and pedare looked scrappy and defeated before they took the field.

I'd like to see some better school footy coming from both schools, I reckon that Gleeson in particular has the potential of developing real talent. Cheetham may just be the guy who puts the school on the map so top speak. I've heard about the coach at gleeson, a Mr Troy Mckinnon and I reckon he is the real deal, he seems to have developed something from nothing in one year and Its good to see, what's the bet he's the man behind cheethams development??? One on one coaching can be all the difference.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

theorangeapple said:
What is his kicking like???

For some reason I have a feeling it can let him down on occasions?

I'm pretty sure his kicking isn't too bad. I'd say he has other things to work on before his kicking. It seems pretty reliable I thought.

I heard that collingwood were interested in him aswell.

I have a realiable source at that club who reckons he will go in the top 20 players..... if not to collingwood he'll still go top 20..

Ive seen him in action and I reckon he is good enough, afl clubs will iron out any chinks in his armour. ;)

DaveT said:
I have a realiable source at that club who reckons he will go in the top 20 players..... if not to collingwood he'll still go top 20..
I would love to have a $20 bet with you on that one! He'll probably go, but I wouldn't bet your house on him going that high.

We will see soon enough my friend.... we will see. I heard it from a very VERY reliable source.

theorangeapple said:
What is his kicking like???

For some reason I have a feeling it can let him down on occasions?

A smartplay cup game vs Norwood on Woodville Oval, 60km/h+ winds straight down the ground, dust storm covered Adelaide (couldnt see goals up other end), he nailed a goal outside the boundary line 35m out on the wrong side for a right footer. One of the best goals i have ever witnessed in reality and TV!

IE - dead eye ********

hello john.................
the man himself has decided to make the push to go higher up in the mock draft.

Believe me mate, u will be drafted.........jonno cheetdog will not higher than 30 cos he is a joke.

As against you? Cheetham will play AFL whilst you cream your jeans over Judd.
haha. Swans won! :p

Remove this Banner Ad

jonathan cheetham

Remove this Banner Ad

Back