Traded Jordan Clark and F4 traded to Fremantle for #22 and F3 (Carl)

What happens with Clark

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Thought I'd chuck the Clark trade into the HPN Trade Calculator to see what they reckon a fair trade would look like. Comes out something like this:
View attachment 1256059

Obviously with Clark contracted you'd need something in Geelong's favour, but 19 or 22 + F3 is just absurd.
what a bizzare stupid thing to try and base a trade off.

It's the same as the Cameron trade last year. If the buying club has it, the selling club is going to want it.

does seem odd that 22 would be on the table but 19 is absolutely off limits?? i can see the logic with a top ten pick or when your talking about pick 10 or pick 13 as the pieces are more valuable at the top, but i find this odd to occur in the second round when differences are less significant??

it will always happen that the selling club wants the slightly better one.

Would rather 22+F3 but either is fine. I'm not buying into the extra value of 19, I don't think anyone is going to go nuts trading up for a player in a covid year.

100% this trade will be done. Clark won’t be at Geelong next season. We will keep insisting pick 19 on its own up until the very end of trade period, Freo will probably keep declining and we will eventually take pick 22 + Carlton F3. Still a good and fair result for both parties give he’s young and contracted and overall a potential A-grader if things go well. I hope Freo can get the best out of him, however there aren’t too many ex-Geelong players playing at other clubs for good reason…

What are the units this calculator uses? Similar to the ones that rated Mason Cox elite this year from champion data?

Doubtful. Cox weighs in at 8.64.

This is a brief primer on it. It's a prediction of a player's future yield based on their previous output and age.

ABC use it for their coverage of trade period so it's not exactly some random thing I've pulled out of my arse. Clark is young but he hasn't been playing, hasn't been considered for games this year despite Geelong needing his skillset and has had injury concerns. He's not worth anywhere near as much as they're making out.

does seem odd that 22 would be on the table but 19 is absolutely off limits?? i can see the logic with a top ten pick or when your talking about pick 10 or pick 13 as the pieces are more valuable at the top, but i find this odd to occur in the second round when differences are less significant??

it will always happen that the selling club wants the slightly better one.
As your fellow Geelong supporters recognise, it's the first pick on day 2 of the draft and I believe it's even more valuable this year. There's concencus that only around 55 kids will get picked up this year and given the lack of games, clubs will be clamouring to pick up the first call of a slider outside of the first round.

Brisbane paid a second rounder for a two spot upgrade to get Robertson. One of your supporters even said it could be traded for a future first rounder on draft night.

Given the choice, i'd be giving 22 + Carlton's F3 every day of the week. Pick 19 still might get us a trade for a couple pick downgrade and a future pick, which we've traded out of the second, third and fourth rounds of.

Looks like Carlton's 3rd Round Pick next year is needed for us to move into the 1st round this year.
Question. Who needs points next year??
Answer. Brisbane Lions!!!

This is a brief primer on it. It's a prediction of a player's future yield based on their previous output and age.

ABC use it for their coverage of trade period so it's not exactly some random thing I've pulled out of my arse. Clark is young but he hasn't been playing, hasn't been considered for games this year despite Geelong needing his skillset and has had injury concerns. He's not worth anywhere near as much as they're making out.

well shit, i might take this to geelong and become the future trade negotiator. Will get some ripper deals with data like this thrown at them.

As your fellow Geelong supporters recognise, it's the first pick on day 2 of the draft and I believe it's even more valuable this year. There's concencus that only around 55 kids will get picked up this year and given the lack of games, clubs will be clamouring to pick up the first call of a slider outside of the first round.

Brisbane paid a second rounder for a two spot upgrade to get Robertson. One of your supporters even said it could be traded for a future first rounder on draft night.

Given the choice, i'd be giving 22 + Carlton's F3 every day of the week. Pick 19 still might get us a trade for a couple pick downgrade and a future pick, which we've traded out of the second, third and fourth rounds of.

I would say its less valuable this year because there is hardly any certainty on the players beyond the first handful or so. I doubt a kid with alot of exposure who is highly rated this season is going to be available at pick 21 is what i am saying given the lack of exposure. Other years teams probably would feel more comfortable.

I doubt anyone is giving up a future first round in next years uncompromised draft for a mostly unknown kid at 21 this year

19 is first pick in the second round so it is more valuable. Do 22 and future third. We throw future picks away for less.

Agreed 22 and F3 is a good deal for you 19 is a valuable pick (someone might pay overs for it on draft night) frankly i will be annoyed if theres a deal done and we dont get 19.

Agreed...19 might net you 2 R2s or a future 1st on draft night..id much rather give up P45ish next year if i was freo.

Yeah I googled it. The whole metric is basically just games played. So the data is just a fancy way of not rating someone not getting games. If that's your opinion fine, but don't dress it up as an overall player rating when it's a value gained from pick selection rating

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So the data is just a fancy way of not rating someone not getting games. If that's your opinion fine, but don't dress it up as an overall player rating when it's a value gained from pick selection rating

You don't need a fancy way to not rate someone not getting games. Most people tend to do that anyway.

They have a father-son (Macrae?) who is highly rated. They might have two? I'm not sure but they need points and want to trade out of the first round.

Why who are they looking at?

They have Will Ashcroft son of Markus and Fletcher the son of Adrian Fletcher and a Academy bloke that they are high on.

They have a father-son (Macrae?) who is highly rated. They might have two? I'm not sure but they need points and want to trade out of the first round.
Fletcher and ashcroft i think.

I guess he's staying then, you'd have to be borderline brain damaged to think Jordan Clark of all people is worth pick 19 or pick 22+ a sweetener. Pick 27 was plenty worth it which was honestly overs in itself. Just walk away at this point.

Is he at school, does he live in Melbourne with his father ?
Craig was playing for Glenelg when drafted.

Chris Johnsons son chose not to go to Brisbane, so its not a fait accompli.

Remove this Banner Ad

Traded Jordan Clark and F4 traded to Fremantle for #22 and F3 (Carl)

Back