Traded Jordan Clark and F4 traded to Fremantle for #22 and F3 (Carl)

What happens with Clark

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

27 and 2 F3s is overs no matter how you look at it, Freo would have said this to the Cats and we are probably looking at something in the middle

22 and F3 for Clark and something
2 future round 3s? Where did that come from? I mean sure, have 41 with Clark if you're giving 2 future 3rds with 22 but at this point it's just noise. It's basically the same trade

You right, we'd be unloading 400k of cap space for your guys. Enjoy those 5 games at 80k each
It's not a huge contract. Plus new look backline and Scarlett gone, odds on he plays plenty of games. Anyway, it's a moot point. He already moved home apparently. Deal is done and you already paid, whatever said payment was

2 future round 3s? Where did that come from? I mean sure, have 41 with Clark if you're giving 2 future 3rds with 22 but at this point it's just noise. It's basically the same trade
Cost a future 3rd to move from 27 to 22, including another F3 means it’s 27 and two 3rds

It's not a huge contract. Plus new look backline and Scarlett gone, odds on he plays plenty of games. Anyway, it's a moot point. He already moved home apparently. Deal is done and you already paid, whatever said payment was
Sounds like you've got quite the challenge to get your contacted player back in Geelong for preseason let alone expecting regular games in the back half.

400k for a development player whos expected return is to play 5 games while dropping in trade value from a 2nd to a 3rd rounder is a 'huge' contract.

Sounds like you've got quite the challenge to get your contacted player back in Geelong for preseason let alone expecting regular games in the back half.

400k for a development player whos expected return is to play 5 games while dropping in trade value from a 2nd to a 3rd rounder is a 'huge' contract.
I would say it sounds like the deal was already done and that's why he has gone. I'm not sure why you're getting so emotional about it

(Log in to remove this ad.)

27 and F3 for 22

22 and F3 for Clark

= 27 and 2 f3s

Yeah 41 probably does make it fairer, hopefully that's it

I'd prefer a pick next year though but maybe we can turn 41 into an F3 somewhere anyway

I liked a suggestion made on the Fremantle board, we just go all in on Monday morning with Geelong.

"Alright we're determined to get this done today, pick 22 is our final offer, no other offer will be made afterwards and we'll intend to take it to the draft. If you're serious about doing this trade then you'll prove it and have the next hour to get it done otherwise we walk away, simple as that. We'l meet again next year."

I liked a suggestion made on the Fremantle board, we just go all in on Monday morning with Geelong.

"Alright we're determined to get this done today, pick 22 is our final offer, no other offer will be made afterwards and we'll intend to take it to the draft. If you're serious about doing this trade then you'll prove it and have the next hour to get it done otherwise we walk away, simple as that. We'l meet again next year."
DndQj7uXsAAVzsS.jpg

I think that’s silly and not required. I do agree with telling Geelong 22 is the final offer and leaving it in their court but you don’t provide ultimatums privately or publicly.

It’s never as antsy is clubland as it is on BF. Trade will get done

Got to remember it's Fremantle chasing a contracted player. West Coast tried similar with Kelly and we all know how that played out.

Too late for this one. Throwing a four year contract at a young contracted player, can't really back out now. It's going to cost either 19 or 22 + more now it sounds like.
Well we can't really "back out", but we can put forth an offer within the realms of fair cost, before proceeding to let the time elapse and saying, "Bugger, I guess we'll have to reconvene next year".

Well we can't really "back out", but we can put forth an offer within the realms of fair cost, before proceeding to let the time elapse and saying, "Bugger, I guess we'll have to reconvene next year".
Of course, but it's pretty shocking to be publically stating how much you want Clark and what he could bring to the team, put a big contract in front of him to lure him over while still under contract, and then baulk at the asking price. Just wasting everyone's time. But it sounds like it'll go through once Wells gets what he's asking.

Of course, but it's pretty shocking to be publically stating how much you want Clark and what he could bring to the team, put a big contract in front of him to lure him over while still under contract, and then baulk at the asking price. Just wasting everyone's time. But it sounds like it'll go through once Wells gets what he's asking.
Everybody has a price.

Honestly think this is the biggest point of contention in the whole thing. And the reason for a lot of the pitchfork wielding (from both sides).
we didn’t vault at the asking price. We got you the chocolates you wanted, but while we were out picked up a nicer box for ourselves that was on special.
But you saw them, and now want the better ones instead.
we say no, you pout, and we give each other the silent treatment for a few days.

Look forward to when we all can stop the posturing (yes, both sides) and get back to sticking our tongues out at WC again.

I would actually understand if freo did that but i doubt either side will surely something gets done.

Remove this Banner Ad

Traded Jordan Clark and F4 traded to Fremantle for #22 and F3 (Carl)

Back