Traded Jordan Clark and F4 traded to Fremantle for #22 and F3 (Carl)

What happens with Clark

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

if he becomes a top player and features in every game, it will obviously cost a lot more than pick 19 at that point
If if if, not really he barracks for WC and they can pick him up in the pre-season draft for nothing.

They will think they owe you some payback.

WC bottom 5 next season.

Probably not though... he will fall into the "well his not contracted so we will offer less.."
You know the narrative that gets spun.

If he has a strong breakout season it will be your first pick next season, if he can’t cement himself in our team it will probably be a third rounder. Unless you finish last or second last aka Adelaide with Jackson hatley walking to the draft, you will have to trade.

If if if, not really he barracks for WC and they can pick him up in the pre-season draft for nothing.

They will think they owe you some payback.

WC bottom 5 next season.

depends how good a year he has. Nobody is picking up a gun 22 year old for pick 19 is the obvious call here. Did Jeremy Cameron being out ofcontract give us huge leverage? Not at all. We still had to pay.

unless who your dealing with has pick 1 PSD, the risk is too great and it very very rarely happens, just look at history to tell you that it doesn’t occur in 99% of trades.

It will either be freos first pick if he has a breakout year, or a third-fourth rounder if he plays shit.

from a geelong perspective I’d rather just wait

depends how good a year he has. Nobody is picking up a gun 22 year old for pick 19 is the obvious call here. Did Jeremy Cameron being out ofcontract give us huge leverage? Not at all. We still had to pay.

unless who your dealing with has pick 1 PSD, the risk is too great and it very very rarely happens, just look at history to tell you that it doesn’t occur in 99% of trades.

It will either be freos first pick if he has a breakout year, or a third-fourth rounder if he plays sh*t.

I don't think Clark will re-sign with Geelong even if he has a Fantastic 2022 season so I would trade him now, cause you sure won't get pick as good as 22 next year, unless he suddenly becomes an AA calibre player (highly unlikely)

I don't think Clark will re-sign with Geelong even if he has a Fantastic 2022 season so I would trade him now, cause you sure won't get pick as good as 22 next year, unless he suddenly becomes an AA calibre player (highly unlikely)

very talented player and could easily average 20+ disposals a game and become line breaking.

I think his got very similar raw talent to Petreski seaton. If petreski seaton was 22 and averaging 20+ touches a game breaking lines, would you be handpassing him off for pick 19?? Please…. Let’s not troll or tell lies here

Neither Geelong or Freo are going to wait until next year. That is just fan posturing. It is clear that this trade will happen for pick 22 and perhaps a couple of minor late picks swaps.

i honestly think geelong might as we genuinely want to keep him and his contracted. I don’t see why that would be so tough to believe given we do indeed rate him.

happened with several players over the years. We did the exact same with TK also

very talented player and could easily average 20+ disposals a game and become line breaking.

I think his got very similar raw talent to Petreski seaton. If petreski seaton was 22 and averaging 20+ touches a game breaking lines, would you be handpassing him off for pick 19?? Please…. Let’s not troll or tell lies here

SPS has considerably more talent and upside than Clark tbh and we offloaded him for pick 52.

Admittedly we were in a position to do so (for salary cap reasons and sensitive to his wish to return to WA), I don't see Clark ever been a A Grade player tbh, but I have been wrong before.

happened with several players over the years. We did the exact same with TK also

Tim Kelly would have played every game he was eligible for over the two years at Geelong.

Jordan Clark was told he would get more games by Geelong this year, but only got to play 11 games out of 25 and wasn't being considered at the back-end of the year despite the Cats needing his run-and-carry.

Different kettle of fish.

If he has a strong breakout season it will be your first pick next season, if he can’t cement himself in our team it will probably be a third rounder. Unless you finish last or second last aka Adelaide with Jackson hatley walking to the draft, you will have to trade.
Even if he had a breakout year, you wouldn't be getting anywhere near a first round pick.
Cerra played consistent footy for 3 years 86 games finished high in our B & F's and we only managed to get 6 and Future 3.

Dawson has played consistent footy for a few years and he is struggling to get his value.

Your club can't have it both ways... "he is contracted so he is worth a lot more" vs "we know he is out of contract and don't have a leg to stand on, but now look how good he is."

If you are going to hold clubs over a barrel when they are contracted, expect it to come back hard when not in contract.

Before you mention Kelly, just remember this was someone that had a few seasons at the top echelon of players and they had no potential to let him walk in the PSD without Freo jumping all over it.

It will either be freos first pick if he has a breakout year, or a third-fourth rounder if he plays sh*t.

Top 5 pick in PSD vs pick 15, keep him pick 22 is just too high.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I dont understand why Freo would pay a cent of it, theyve got no forward line to begin with, cant be paying Lobb to play somewhere else
GWS would still have small cap issues Himmelman would have saved a bit not sure Hill would be on much

Tim Kelly would have played every game he was eligible for over the two years at Geelong.

Jordan Clark was told he would get more games by Geelong this year, but only got to play 11 games out of 25 and wasn't being considered at the back-end of the year despite the Cats needing his run-and-carry.

Different kettle of fish.

my point was... and still is... geelong is happy to keep a player who wants to leave to his contract, and that geelong will not let them go for a cheaper value the following year because they are all of a sudden not contracted...we didnt get less of a value for TK because he was uncontracted the following season... there was no pre season this and that... WC paid up... same as we did with JC... same as you will have to do if he has a breakout season next year if we dont trade him of cause this pre season... i am just using history as reality to illustrate this.

Even if he had a breakout year, you wouldn't be getting anywhere near a first round pick.
Cerra played consistent footy for 3 years 86 games finished high in our B & F's and we only managed to get 6 and Future 3.

Dawson has played consistent footy for a few years and he is struggling to get his value.

Your club can't have it both ways... "he is contracted so he is worth a lot more" vs "we know he is out of contract and don't have a leg to stand on, but now look how good he is."

If you are going to hold clubs over a barrel when they are contracted, expect it to come back hard when not in contract.

Before you mention Kelly, just remember this was someone that had a few seasons at the top echelon of players and they had no potential to let him walk in the PSD without Freo jumping all over it.

why would a player we think has significant talent and potential all of a sudden be worth less 12 months later at the age of 22 because he has fullfilled that potential and had a breakout season?? just think about that for a moment.

we are asking for pick 19 because he is rated highly as a young player and we think his going to be a very good player, that won't all of a sudden change because he is playing great footy a year later lol. It will just go up if anything, but on the flip side if he stagnates... you can have him for alot less.

my feeling is freo would be sweating on this idea hence why they have offered pick 22 already

SPS has considerably more talent and upside than Clark tbh and we offloaded him for pick 52.

Admittedly we were in a position to do so (for salary cap reasons and sensitive to his wish to return to WA), I don't see Clark ever been a A Grade player tbh, but I have been wrong before.
I'm reasonably confident you're wrong on him

Pick 19 is off limits and rightfully so. We've made an effort to get a better pick and 22 looks like what we are offering. Swap some late picks to make it hard to work out what's what and each teams media team can say they got a great deal and then we all move on.

Last edited:
Neither Geelong or Freo are going to wait until next year. That is just fan posturing. It is clear that this trade will happen for pick 22 and perhaps a couple of minor late picks swaps.

Haha this is so true!

Freo have bigger priorities right now - they want Lobb gone (as much as they have publicly stated that he is required).
If I was Geelong & Freo, I'd be parking the clark chat until late in the period. Freo's priority would be to maximise the opportunities that surround Lobb.
They may need 19 or 22 in dealings with GWS to get the Lobb salary off the books, or potential bring a GWS player across in the transaction.
After which, they get to look at what they have left, knowing that either 19 or 22 with a f3 will get it done and Clark will be a good addition to their best 22 from round 1 next year.

Clark absolutely needs to get his mind and body right but has clearly shown talent. His best chance of playing his best footy would be to move clubs and I think both Geelong and Freo know this. Cats will be happy with 22 and a f3 which could go to brisbane to get us into round 1. Freo will be looking at leaving this trade period with 3 picks inside 22, hopefully lobb out, brodie and clark in. If freo get a good result from GWS, 19 for clark might make sense if something in the 30's comes back. They won't be looking at the clark trade in isolation, but hoping to get the best net result this trade period.

Haha this is so true!

Freo have bigger priorities right now - they want Lobb gone (as much as they have publicly stated that he is required).
If I was Geelong & Freo, I'd be parking the clark chat until late in the period. Freo's priority would be to maximise the opportunities that surround Lobb.
They may need 19 or 22 in dealings with GWS to get the Lobb salary off the books, or potential bring a GWS player across in the transaction.
After which, they get to look at what they have left, knowing that either 19 or 22 with a f3 will get it done and Clark will be a good addition to their best 22 from round 1 next year.

Clark absolutely needs to get his mind and body right but has clearly shown talent. His best chance of playing his best footy would be to move clubs and I think both Geelong and Freo know this. Cats will be happy with 22 and a f3 which could go to brisbane to get us into round 1. Freo will be looking at leaving this trade period with 3 picks inside 22, hopefully lobb out, brodie and clark in. If freo get a good result from GWS, 19 for clark might make sense if something in the 30's comes back. They won't be looking at the clark trade in isolation, but hoping to get the best net result this trade period.

Bell has come out and said that we are taking pick 19 to the draft. Highly unlikely that goes anywhere.

Remove this Banner Ad

Traded Jordan Clark and F4 traded to Fremantle for #22 and F3 (Carl)

Back